242 responses to “Ron Paul on Chris Kyle: Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword”

1. D.Cornell

All I can say is RON PAUL YOU ARE AN IDIOT……….I use to think you had alot of common sense about the issues in Washington now I am doubting myself. I too went to war when I was called to……so should I also die by the sword? They say that a accorn does not fall from the tree……so is this also what your son believes? God help us…………

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 16

2. French Canadian

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 8

3. French Canadian

Ryan W. McMaken
    Lew Rockwell Blog
    Feb 5, 2013

Ron Paul Quotes Jesus, Conservatives Outraged

4. Pierre Richter

…the most sensible man in Washington has gone to the dark side….He’s gone Westboro Baptist Church on us…..this is truly a sad day…

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 9

5. Steven Joseph Eide

Ron Paul is a traitor to his nation. I am a Libertarian, Ron Paul may as well be a member of the Chinese Communist party becase he is aiding an abeting the enemy. Ron Paul is an absolute fool and is NOT a Constitutional Libertarian. He needs to go back to his Obama-Liberal Roots. He is NO BETTER than Barrack Hussein OBama, American Communist.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 18

1. Vangel

How do you figure that? Dr. Paul simply quotes the Bible and the Christians have a fit. Yes, it is always tragic when someone dies. But when a very violent man who killed plenty of innocent men dies at a gun range as a victim of another violent man who also fought and tried to kill innocent men why should we be surprised? As someone pointed out, what would you call a Russian sniper who is part of an occupying force and thinks that he has to kill armed resistors because he is helping citizens of the invaded country?

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 9 Thumb down 14

1. Robert Martin

Your and idiot this man servered you and this country with honor what 5 tours over there he was not a criminal who enjoyed killing it was his job and he did not kill innocent people he killed pieces of crap who were trying to harm others maybe you should do some research on Chris Kyle and see he was and American Hero

1. revolution

Do you not realize that his 5 tours are completely unjustified but for political and corporate greed. Please do understand that you have no understanding of foreign policy and that YOU are part of the problem. YOU support war mongering politics that is willing to send innocent lives into harms way for no real reason.

6. Andy Dufresne

Congrats Mr. Paul…Your commentary on Chris Kyle has convinced many people that you are indeed a right wing holier-than-thou nut case.

Maybe next time you should consider your audience.

7. James

One day all of you will wish you had supported this man, Ron Paul. You don’t utter a word when Obama kills a hundred innocent Afgans. You don’t say a word when POWs are waterboared and tourtered, in direct violation of Habeus Corpus. Ron Paul served in Vietnam, he is a veteran. One day we will have no rights, our Constitution will vanish, and we will be slaves. And no men like Ron Paul will be there to save us, because you people brought him down. All because of one comment.

8. Marc Sanders

Only a sick demented piece of trash like you would attempt to dishonor one of America’s greatest heroes. You bring shame to yourself and all those you represent. Chief Kyle had more honor and personal integrity than you or any other disgusting detractor could even comprehend. The only acceptable apology you could offer would be your resignation.

9. Mark

Dear Peter (@ 4:52pm),
    Your clearly anti-semetic mentality is even more disturbing than Ron Paul’s comment. You are so misguided with your anti-American, tired-old “America is a colonial power” refrain. Please do yourself a favor, because it will make you a much happier person; move to a communist country or Islamic country goverened by Sharia Law that shares your hatred of America and joins in your Jewish led conspiracy theories. Be sure to keep us all posted and let us know how much better those countries are and how your views of America remain intact.

1. Peter

Dear Mark,

Your comment shows that the term “anti-semitic” is nothing but an excuse to commit mass murder. The biggest murderers in the world are the “Chosen People” and ignoramuses like yourself who either don’t realize how your country is being used to advance the interests of Israel and Jews or are too cowardly to speak up.

I’m an American and I consider you and those like you traitors.

10. David Redabaugh

To those of you hosting this “fan” site. You may want to pick a new person to be fans of. Those few words in that tweet expressed so much about the lack of integrity, compassion, etiquette, common sense and patriotism of the idiot Ron Paul, you should consider moving your fanship to someone more deserving.
    What amazes me most about this incident is that this was not some misunderstood sound bite . . . this fool typed his “hate speech” and then knowingly, pushed “send” out into the World Wide Web!!!
    To think that I actually supported this pud makes me question my own intelligence.

11. Jimmy C Boley

Sir,

You are an ASSHOLE!!!

I happen to agree with a good deal of your views..BUT I think your comments on Chris Kyle’s death are FCKN despicable!
    You are too pathetic and senile to have any credibility anymore.
    Just slither off into some hole and die.

Dr. Jimmy Boley

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 10

12. Peter

I agree with Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul may not like what I have to say because perhaps he might think it goes too far, but the truth hurts. No country has lied more in the last 12 years to justify starting wars and murdering well over a million people. Neither Afghanistan (Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with the Afghan gov’t, never mind the fact there is no proof he was behind 9/11), nor Iraq attacked the USA and the USA attacked both these countries and murdered over a million innocents. The US government, under the control of the Jewish lobby is attacking countries all over the middle east, all with the support of Jewish newspapers like the New York Times, although none of this benefits the USA.

In addition, a sniper holds a unique position. He is a form of assassin, targeting an unsuspecting individual he has been ordered to kill. He probably knew nothing about the victims he flew thousands of miles to kill. I find nothing honorable, brave or noble about it and after witnessing how the USA humiliated and murdered Saddam Hussein and his son and reading how our Israeli overlords murder young Iranian scientists (civilians) in front of their families I wonder who they had this sniper kill. I have no sympathy for him.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 18

1. Mike Jones

You know what Peter you need to pull your head out of the sand and step into reality. It has been proven over and over again that both Sadam and Osama are responsible for killings of innocent people time and time again. It takes a truly ignorant and in-patriotic liberal like yourself to stand by these terrorists and fire at the US military. Men and women that keep your sorry ass free. It makes me sick that people like you and Ron Paul even exist in this country and have the balls to criticize these soldiers. You both believe in a violence free world where we all prance around and smell the roses and get along. Though its a great thought, its not reality. Since Cain and Able violence has been around and always will be. Why don’t you pick up a weapon and go stand on the front lines instead of sitting back and letting these soldiers do the dirty work while you criticize them. Better yet both you and Ron can pack up and move over to the middle east since its clearly where your heart is.

13. Guido Metzler

How disappointed I was to see the comment you made via twitter account. You disgust me and I will never respect another thing you say.

14. Karen Murphy

You have shown your true colors with your comment about Kyle. Shame on you. And shame on all the stupid people that voted for you and wasted their votes in the last election. You comment was truly reprehensible.

15. quido Iannacone

I understand what you were saying. There seems to be in my eyes something evil about taking a life and the person on the receiving end not knowing what hit him. Why do they brag about their [ kills ]., and how many?

16. Alan

Mr. Paul,
    I recently read an article in which you were quoted as saying:
    “As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. –REP
    And in another post you were quoted as saying:
    “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”
    Let me give you a lesson on what a warrior is and what Jesus truly thought about them, for it seems painfully obvious to me that you understand neither.
    A warrior, such as Mr. Kyle does not ‘live by the sword’, as you so disgracefully suggest. Rather, he and others like him, stand against those individuals who do. To ‘live by the sword’ as it is discussed in the Bible (Matthew 26:52), is to turn to violence as a first resort, rather than a last resort. Of all people, I would have hoped that you, a veteran as you so proudly proclaim, would have understood this simple truth: No true warrior wants war, but when called, Mr. Kyle stood, as Isaiah did, and answered by saying “Here am I, send me.” (Isa. 6:8). Those of us in the Profession of Arms do not live by the sword, Mr. Paul. We just refuse to let others kneel at the feet of those who do. Remember, Christ himself also instructed his disciples to sell their coat and buy a sword (Luke 22:36). Perhaps, Mr. Paul, you should have spent more time reading the Bible and less time insulting a man who followed its teachings.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 6

1. David Redabaugh

Alan,
      I have read most of these comments . . .and yours stood out more than any other as a source of wisdom. Unfortunately, the person you addressed your comments to, does not possess that same wisdom.
      Thank you for your perspective and your patriotism sir!!
      I read your comments and stood at attention to sing the 4th verse of Star Bangled Banner.
      You probably know it, but for those who don’t enjoy:

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
      Between their loved homes and the war’s desolation!
      Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
      Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
      Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
      And this be our motto: “In God is our trust.”
      And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
      O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

17. Matt

You are mistaken on multiple levels.
    First, the timing of your comment is the opposite of what Christ taught, which was love not cruelty.
    Second, Jesus also promoted taking up the sword at the appropriate time for self defense. Luke 22:36 “And He[Christ] said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.”
    Your personal opinion on the case for going to war is irrelevant to common sense of sensitivities of those who just finished serving their country that they loved.

Please do not quote the bible when you have no understanding of what Christ’s intentions were. Taking one quote out of the bible to suit your political desires and beliefs is just sick and twisted. I expected more from you Ron Paul.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 8

18. J Norwitz

I’ll add my voice to those who are profoundly disappointed and disgusted by your comments regarding the murder of Chris Kyle. Your legacy will be defined by these sorts of comments. You should be ashamed, sir.

19. American VET

You have disgraced your service and all other VETS with your comment. I hope you do some soul searching and realize how insensitive and absurd your comments were. Chris wasn’t trying to garner fame or a reputation. He was doing his job and lucky for us he was very proficient.

In my opinion you are a coward by attacking his Chris after his death. Did you ever contact him when he was alive? Or make statements regarding your disdain when he was alive so that he might respond?

I think not! I don’t care what your military record is or what you may have done for the country. All I know is you have shamed the military and the brotherhood of those who have served.

I think you should take VET off of your resume. JOKE!!

20. Colton

Your comment about Chris Kyles death is disgusting, I will do all in my power to prevent people from supporting you and your office. Get out of office…
    Sincerely, Proud supporter of the people who defend your freedom and paycheck…

21. Bruce Sereika

Your regretful comment was the insensitive rant of a fool who talks without judgement. I have loved much of your political rhetoric and appreciate your stand on many issues but, this was an inexcusable statement that can ONLY hurt those who lost loved ones. Time to retire!

22. Lori Little

Dr. Paul, I just learned of your horrendous comments regarding the death of Chris Kyle. It saddens me that someone in your position would issue such ugly and offensive comments in light of this heroes death. Shame on you. The problem with people like you, and unfortunately many others in this great nation, is your lack of sensitivity and the inability to just be nice to people. I tell my 14 year old daughter all the time that every action has a consequence. That simple reminder keeps her humble and reminds her to always think before she speaks or acts. I will offer the same reminder to you.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 13

23. John Lewandowski

This lifelong member of the Republican Party has just now disengaged himself from the party of Todd Akin and Ron Paul. Yes, that’s right, I am holding it against the GOP that they would allow such creatures of ignorance and hate to hold any position with the Party at all. Ron Paul – worse than the Democrats, worse than the communists, the worst piece of human garbage ever. RIP Chris Kyle – you gave your life for nothing if a wretch like Ron Paul is allowed to exist.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 4 Thumb down 20

24. Dave

At least SOME people got the story right!

25. Dave

DEAR “RONPAUL.COM”

Ron Paul did NOT say “Chris Kyle had it coming”, yet to sensationalize for your own benefit you display it as your headline then caption it as if he said those words. For anyone visiting this site that doesn’t know… RON PAUL NEITHER OWNS, ENDORSES OR CONTROLS RONPAUL.COM IN ANY WAY!

1. FreedomsReigning

RON PAUL NEITHER OWNS, ENDORSES OR CONTROLS RONPAUL.COM IN ANY WAY! ”

Ya I’ve heard that before when Youtube took down all his campaign videos and he didn’t say a damn thing. The campaign said that RonPaul.com is just a “fan(boy) site”, and has no connection to the campaign.

The funny thing is, if you click on Ron Paul’s official 2012 campaign page it now directs you to RonPaul.com. So much for no official connection.

Ron Paul is a fraud and getting used to paint advocates for liberty and sound money as foul mouthed Anarchists. Anarchists are like a cancer and WORTHLESS to liberty. Nobody wants ANYTHING to do with them, so if you want to destroy any chance people have for justice and sound money, send in the Anarchists. Anarchists are like a fart in a crowded phone booth.

Ron Paul has had his chance to speak, and now it’s time to take out the Anarchist trash, to serve some justice on those who want to destroy and break up our Constitutional Republic.

26. Tony Pflaum

Ron,

Your insensitive comments about Chris Kyle, show you for the
    huge douche bag you really are.

Sincerely,
    Tony Pflaum

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 12

27. Robert

Mr. Kyle was an outstanding American Hero. He fought to ensure you ignorant and cowardly people could criticize him and other service members. You all want freedoms and liberties, but complain about the individuals who provide you with them. Just rest assured, when you enter Hell, for being weak and lacking honor, Mr. Kyle will not be there to greet you.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 11

1. Brandon Polk

I found your comment quite interesting. I was under the impression that my rights and liberties are given to me (provided) by God. Now I know that the American military provides me my rights and liberties. Thank you for the clarification.

If I’m not mistaken, the reason the so many countries hate us is because we send our military into their lands and bomb them. On top of that our government typically installs dictators that oppress their people.

How does this provide me freedom? How does this keep me safe? Make the world hate you seems to have the opposite effect.

28. French Canadian

US Marine Questions Narrative Behind Chris Kyle Murder

29. John Mork

Dear Dr. Paul,

I have always aspired to be as much like you as I possibly could. You always have remained true to your stance on liberty and restoring our republic to reflect the values acknowledged by the constitution bill of rights and all the other founding documents. I just read the comment by you in regard to Chris’s death and I am disappointed, I figured that if you had anything to say about this man and his death it would be to console his family, commend his outstanding service and offer your support and prayers not make a comment like those who live by the sword die by the sword. He didn’t die fighting in a foreign country he died here at the hands of someone who suffered from mental illness. His family didn’t deserve that insensitive remark and I wonder how this statement echoes through the ears of all the active and inactive military men and woman who support you. I will always support the cause of liberty and all who are strong enough to stand up for liberty. I was a volunteer on your last campaign for president and I will continue to support you however maybe a little more effort should be put forth before making such statements publicly. Thank you for all your years of dedicated service to this country and opening my eyes to the evils of the federal reserve and other abuses by our government.

30. Darryl

Dr. Paul:

I, for one, understood the point you were making and refuse to have my reason or emotions manipulated by the media. Chris Kyle rode the machine gun to fame in the service of Empire, fully believing in what he was doing. Thus, he lived by the sword.

In trying to help his friend, he took a mentally unstable man to a shooting range, still believing that “the way of the gun” was the right one, even in peacetime. His friend killed him. Thus, he died by the sword.

Yours was not a statement of judgment, but of observation. Here’s hoping a few other people can understand your intent.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 10

31. Michael Wartman

I have long been a strong supporter of Dr Paul. I was disgusted by the treatment he received last year at the GOP convention, and have developed a strong distaste for all things republican since. The GOP as a whole is nearly as repugnant as the DNC. I understood why Dr Paul ran as a republican. I understood why we wouldn’t run as an independent in 2012. I have long stated that there is not a single issue I am aware of that I do not agree with Dr Paul, including foreign policy and the necessity of a congressional declaration of war.

Regardless of what you may feel about our illegal perpetual war, our commander in chief at the time ordered our troops into combat. His administration, as well as the current administration prosecuted this illegal conflict. The members of our armed forces, which most of you claim to support, are deployed under order of the commander in chief.

Chris was a soldier with a job to do. The same as any member of ST6 who took down OBL. He did not “murder”. To yours and my knowledge (Dr Paul may have privileged information), every one of his 160 confirmed and 255 unconfirmed kills was an enemy combatant. An individual intent on waging war with us troops. If he did not kill them, and nobody else killed them, they WOULD kill us troops. Regardless of their reasoning or any moral justification you think these people may have (which i’m not agreeing with or arguing), these were people engaged in armed conflict. Chris was a member of the opposite team. OUR team. the soldiers they wanted to kill were OUR soldiers. OUR friends. OUR family. You people seem to forget that.

Dr Paul, This single statement, regardless of malice or intent, does not negate a lifetime of service to the constitution and the cause of liberty. I still hold the deepest respect for you and would wholeheartedly support any run for office on your part. Thank you for a lifetime of service.

32. FreedomsReigning

Serve destruction, and be destroyed.

There’s a very good reason the meek inherit the earth, and even during the process, they have nothing to fear.

A covetous man should be afraid, because justice is coming for you. There’s no hole deep enough; castle tall enough, or life long enough to escape the consequences.

A covetous man will take his destroyer with him wherever he goes. Even if he could somehow defeat death itself, using his creativity to build a cage around his mind, body, and soul, he’ll still lose, becoming a prisoner of shadow and dust.

As it is below, so shall it be above.

33. Jeremy Reading

Kudos to Dr. Paul! His “sword” comment exactly anticipated my response had the prevailing censorship of Twitter permitted it. But then that burr in their saddle– my troublesome Kindle trilogy, “The Hardscabble Zone”– must remain a nonentity in popular understanding as an always busy Archdemon Sama-el and his One-Worlders wreak havoc upon all aspects of Our Civilization.

34. sunaj

I think Ron Paul is making a general statement about the effects of war, not a personal rant to the victim or family, I am a sportsman, NRA member and 2nd Amendment Supporter, and love to shoot and I also am a medic,
    and I can tell you clearly and honestly that if you are suffering from clinical severe mental depression you are not a candidate for handling a gun, period

35. Dave

Kyle was an animal. Nick named the “Devil,” he murdered over 250 people by his own count with out remorse under the guise of patriotism and then profited from it by selling a book. Anyone who idolizes this guy needs his head examined.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 14

1. Dave

LOL Three people already “dislike” my comment about this self professed killer. I have to guess they also idolize the troops who killed children in the Wikileaks videos. Has Ronpaul.com been hacked by a bunch of neocons?

1. FreedomsReigning

“Has Ronpaul.com been hacked by a bunch of neocons?”

No. The liberty movement was hacked by a bunch of Anarchist fan boys, and now it’s time for some house cleaning.

Anarchists are worthless to liberty because they don’t know why anybody needs to pick up a sword to defend it. They don’t why people create governments to begin with and even try to blame injustice on government. Anarchists are destroyers, liars and frauds, just like Ron Paul, and this is their Fan Boy site. An Anarchist can’t explain their broken and worthless ideas, because all they want to do is use people and destroy.

I’m with Jesus on this one. Serve destruction and be destroyed. Justice is about stopping destroyers, and since Anarchists want only to destroy, I say we serve some justice.