53 responses to “Ron Paul: Federal Agents Should Be Disarmed”

1. DeeDee Dez

How do American citizens speak out and fight back? Who is on the side of the American citizen.

2. Twistoff
  3. Marian Nelson

My roots were formed on the dairy farm. The good Lord formed the good earth and gave us good food to enjoy and be nourished by. I am nearly 65 years old.
    What is going on in this country is insane.
    We are being separated from basics of life by laws and Department rulings.
    Fearful Farmers are refusing The rights to our DNA are being patented by sorportions. In the last 2 years the FDA has been giving pharmaceutical companies the patent rights to different components of vitamins. The granting of these patent rights is not by legislation but by having a hearing and then the FDA panel making a decision. Vitamin B6 has 3 main components. Patent rights to 2 of the 3 are now owned by pharmaceutical companies. These 3 components are essential to the digestion of food. If we need to take vitamin supplements for health how much longer will a natural source of B6 be available at a reasonable cost?
    Premises registration is being forced on farmers. Now we are not talking about farmers that are selling raw milk. We are just talking about farmers. And if they have cattle they are supposed to chip each animal. it is expensive. The regualtions cost is such that many farmers go out of business.
    Farmers being brought to court for refusing to knuckle under to State mandated premises registration. Premises being registered without the owners knowledge-the milk inspector taking it upon himself to do it. Or farmers signing up because they are intimidated by threats of being shut down. It is happening in rural America, in small counties and big counties.
    Armed raids on natropath doctors and natural food stores are not unusual.
    Small orchards and small dairy, small beef producers having to fill out more and more forms for the govt. E coli and other diseases don’t come from the small producers. That is from the big producers. big govt and the huge “food” producers can’t wait to get rid of the small producers. Then they can have everything their way. And the public will pay and pay and pay. Financially and healthwise. The Food Safety Bill” is nothing but a scam to regulate us more. It talks about the Food Production unit, the Food Processing Facility, the Food Storage Facility and Hoarding.
    When I was started reading it, it sounded very good. It talks about having plans and I am picturing the Food Production unit as the huge open fields of corporate america being sprayed with pesticides, insecticides, and planted with GMO crops and thinking, yes they need supervision. The Processing Facility- big canneries and lots of stainless steel that has to be kept clean and supervised. The Food Storage Facility being warehouses that need to be rodent free and freezer units that need to be dept clean and consistent temperatures, etc. Hoarding- well the big corps shouldn’t be allowed to tie up all the food and create a high price.
    As I read and re read a new picture emerged. And it had nothing to do with keeping us little people safe. It does have everything to do with controlling us.
    What is a food production facility? My garden. And I could have to submit detailed plans of what I want to put in my garden and where and how many plants, etc.
    Food Processing- what is my kitchen. The way the bill is written I could have to have my kitchen approved to process what I harvest from my garden.
    Food Storage-What are my freezers? What are my mason jars. What are the bags of dried fruit? Am I going tohave to have them registered and inspected? Get the picture?
    Hoarding- Is that my freezers with an s as I have more than one. Is Jar(s). Not too long ago I was reading another govt article and there they mentioned 3 days worth of food as being sufficient. 3 days? I don’t go to the store every week.
    My family heritage is people that took care of themselves a year at a time for their lifetimes.
    Yes, with the Food safety Bill even our personal gardens for our own use could be unavailable to us.
    Wake up people-we are being separated from the basics of life. We don’t need more laws. We need to get rid of a lot of the laws that are already here and make sure the little people are free from tyranny and not sitting at risk like we are now.
    I will leave you with this. How do you control a nation? Through its economy.
    How do you control the people? Through their stomachs.
    Marian

4. fontana forni

Great article, only wish main street had tapped in a little more. The feds shock and awe on regular sheeple is definitely over kill. Is it that way to intimidate? Sure would be nice if we could all just get along! All I can suggest is be prepared in case it all hits the fan… Try living for a few days with out power… Guaranteed OMG moments within the first 3 hours, you just dont know ho much you are dependent on something til its gone.

5. Eric Petkunas

Armed raids on someone selling raw milk in a state where selling raw milk is legal… States cannot even decide what is legal anymore apparently.

6. julian

Infants can’t go out and buy milk. Everyone else should be responsible and educated enough to buy as they please…there are plenty of other stores to buy from if your uncomfortable with that sellers milk. If one person prefers that milk who are we to stop them? Even if we deem it dangerous..its their right to purchace it. Just like fast food and frozen meals…

7. Minh

Using Guns against milk sellers is pathetic

8. Perry Ramsey

So whether or not it is dangerous to infants is the sole deciding factor on whether something should be illegal? And declaring it to be so justifies armed raids on those possessing it?

Dirt is potentially dangerous to infants. Therefore, anyone in posesssion of dirt may be presumed a criminal terrorist and subject to no knock raids by swat teams with AR-15s.

Chicken fingers are potentially dangerous to infants. If incorrectly handled or prepared it could lead to serious illness or death. Therefore, anyone in posesssion of chicken fingers may be presumed a criminal terrorist and subject to no knock raids by swat teams with AR-15s.

Honey is potentially dangerous to infants. (It even says so on the package.) Therefore, anyone in posesssion of honey may be presumed a criminal terrorist and subject to no knock raids by swat teams with AR-15s.

Need I go on? The subject is not whether or not selling raw milk should be illegal, it’s whether raids on the sellers by federal agents threatening lethal violence is a reasonable response.

9. Pan

Land of the free and home of the brave?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What a bunch of schmucks. The corporations own the US government, lock, stock and (smoking) barrel.

You can only eat and drink what they can make a profit on.

10. Geri Harper

I believe there are much better examples of federal agents infringing on rights and liberties than raw milk, for the reason, I was taught raw milk can be dangerous to infants and small children. Being a doctor, Ron Paul should know if I was taught wrong better than I know. If it is unknown if raw milk is dangerous to infants, or if in fact is dangerous to infants, in my opinion it should be illegal to sell it raw.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 23

11. Gina Ervine

Amazing I was thinking about how the strength of Mr. Baker while learning about the raw milk farmer.

12. W Olsen

if Abraham Lincoln was alive, I would like to ask him where would people at that time buy pasteurized and sugarized milk as is FDA approved today as normal milk.

13. Jonhedin H. Trondheim

Some say, that people deserve the politicians they have elected.

14. psovegeta .

I question everything the government does because it’s under the guise of “protecting the people” that the Patriot act, Indefinite detention act and NDAA were passed and all it cost us was our constitutional freedoms. Thanks to those laws, people who sell raw milk are declared domestic terrorists and can be indefinitely detained without habius corpus. And it’s a shame to see people give up their freedoms so easily cause they can’t handle the responsibility of liberty.

15. psovegeta

16. Scott Humphreys

Its probably dangerous if you feed cows foods that they cant digest, and then pump them full of antibiotics when they inevitably get sick.

17. Scott Humphreys