Ron Paul: Foreign Aid Is Immoral and Impractical

Transcript

Bill Gates: I’m a little bit concerned about the uncertainty, and am speaking up so that as we make tradeoffs, hopefully we don’t cut things that really have great humanitarian and security benefits.

Neil Cavuto: Alright, billionaire Bill Gates is all out for foreign aid, and not-so-billionaire Ron Paul is all out on stopping foreign aid. The good Congressman and former presidential candidate is joining us on the phone right now. Congressman, Bill Gates, maybe for all the right and good reasons, wants to continue it because he says it does more to feed the poor and help those who really need it, even outweighing some of the abuse and waste that comes with that. What do you say?

Ron Paul: Well, I would say, instead of what? If you cut out the warmongering and cut some of the deficit down and gave some away with humanitarian reasons, I’m not going to fight it, even though I don’t have any confidence in that. Because I think foreign aid too often gets in the hands of the politicians and they get into warring factions and they fight over it. And I don’t think the record is very good that it helps people. But we spent a lot of time on how this money is being spent, but we never talk about where the money comes from. If you take Bill Gates, he has a lot of money in his foundation, but he doesn’t get taxed on that. But poor people get taxed, whether it’s the inflation tax or the income tax or whatever, so they end up paying. And my argument for foreign aid is that you take money from poor people in this country and it ends up in the pockets of the rich people in poor countries.

Neil Cavuto: I guess he’s getting beyond all that, and this is the issue I want to raise with you … and I’m paraphrasing and I hope I’ve got it right, Congressman, bear with me … for all of the waste and abuse and sometimes getting in the wrong hands and sometimes getting into no hands, we still have, since foreign aid started in this country, fewer starving people, more educated people across the globe. And that, he says, is a testament to generous Americans over the years whose money has been put to more good than it has harm. What say you?

Ron Paul: Well, that’s an opinion, I don’t happen to agree with it, because there are other things that happened around the world. Economies do change, and the breakdown of the Soviet System had a lot to do with increasing prosperity. But if it was prosperity that we had to concentrate on, we might think of what’s happening in New York City right now. There are 50,000 people sleeping out on the streets every night while the rich get richer. If you worry about education, I can’t even believe this statistic, but it says that 80% of those graduating from high school in New York City can’t read. So why do we have to gamble on taking money from people and going overseas. Although I did put it in prospective when we started by saying “instead of what”. If you can save some money by cutting out drone missiles, looking for trouble bombing people and invading countries and fighting useless wars like Iraq and Afghanistan, I would say yes, save some money, cut back on the deficit, and try the humanitarian thing. That would be much better. But I still don’t endorse it morally, and I don’t believe it’s practical. But since I’m such a practical guy, and I’m willing to bend a little bit, I would say do that. But just by taking more money from poor people or inflating the currency, you’re undermining production and you’re going to have more people sleeping on the streets in New York, and their education will not get any better.

Neil Cavuto: Ron Paul, thank you very much.

Ron Paul: Thank you.

1. Ron Paul = Truth but remember that truth is treason in the empire of lies

2. French Canadian, Not sure if you saw my last post on the old thread. Actually, my husband knows everything about what Tex Marrs talks about in that interview but he says that he has a certain perspective, so one has to keep this in mind. We listened to something our relative sent and what we both did not like is he made some statements without citing his sources. A kind of fear mongering that we don’t like. He also had some incorrect information that we shared with our relatives that are devout Christians and usually believe whatever their church tells them to believe. Thanks for sharing about your religious upbringing and experience. Not sure I mentioned a new documentary the BBC put out about the history of Syria. Some of it we did not know and hope to find out what our relative thinks about it who is Syrian. They did an excellent job vilifying Assad and making him look like the enemy of his people and how he is slaughtering them in the thousands. Let me know if you see this..

3. Here’s an even more hideous waste of our hard earned money:

Do you like giving up money from your paycheck to defend Italy, Germany, England, etc? Imagine if just one military base with 10,000 troops were built in one of the most economically strapped cities here at home. Those troops would need housing, cars, groceries, entertainment etc. the military base would require construction, maintenance, food service, custodial, and much more. Imagine the jobs and businesses that would spring up! The economy in that area would boom! Instead, we are creating booming economies with your paycheck in foreign countries. 900+ US military installations are currently overseas in 130+ countries. This is madness!!! So even if you don’t want to cut the military budget, at least bring their money back home where it belongs! Obumma is building a large base in Australia now! WTF!

4. The chemical composition o Prozac is mostly flouride.

Why is there prozac in my water?

Wake up dude.

5. Why the hell is Bill Gates acting like there is something generous about foreign aid? He is playing a trick.

How much money has Microsoft paid to lobby our politicians since it’s founding? I bet you will find that all of the politicians who are pushing foreign aid are also sneaking special regulatory benefits to his company, and his butt buddy friend Warren Buffett. Hell, they just got a $400 million tax break in the fiscal cliff deal while all of our taxes went up.

6. Why the hell is Bill Gates acting like there is something generous about foreign aid? He is playing a trick.

7. Foreign aid is not generosity. Taxpayers are forced by politicians here to “donate” to foreign politicians, under threat of imprisonment (for tax evasion). We have forgotten that true generosity REQUIRES a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7.

8. A TRIBUTE TO RON PAUL ————> watch?v=yzqv-7ErwcI

9. Ron Paul is my President. I could listen to him for hours. The logic and sanity he delivers is much appreciated considering the total bs we are subjected to on a daily basis. This Administration is nothing more than a bunch of Chicago gansta thugs led by the worst fraud, usurper, dictator imaginable.

10. Too much truth for faux snooze

11. World Civil War undergoing and we’re wining by just knowing the truth on all matters. Ron Paul? Just one great moral leader wining more battles for humanity than if he would have won presidency.

12. nah, flouride isn’t a big deal, i live in new york and i drink the water but it doesn’t do shit to me, some of you guys need to understand the chemical composition of fluoride better, but i’m awake and i’m a libertarian all for freedom

13. Bill Gates is an extremely successful prick.

14. It’s good to hear that man speak once again

15. Thank God for the common sense that Ron brings. When you hear him speak you know that the solutions are much more simple than is commonly thought. His words bring life. The deceivers make it complicated so that the thefts can continue.

16. Listen to this man talk. And then next person who says this is a voice of an old man, you slap em. No, not slap. Smack!

17. 2:54 “Ron Paul Attacks Bill Gates”
    NO THAT WAS NOT WHAT HE WAS DOING FOX NEWS!!

18. It just infuriates me that we the taxpayer are getting money stolen from us to send to countries that we are fighting. Our president is killing innocent civilians with drones. Its so sad the American people are so drugged out on fluoridated water pharmaceutical government lab made drugs poison in the air poison in the food that they can’t see there turning into a bunch of government controlled zombies. I pray for Jesus Christ to come quickly.

19. Is the U.S. now qualified for receiving Foreign Aid 😉 Who gives?