Ron Paul: Rand Paul and I Are about 99% the Same

72 Responses

Transcript

Geraldo Rivera: I’m very delighted to welcome back to the program the former Congressman from Texas, the former candidate for president of the United States, the father of someone who is talked about as a future candidate for president of the United States. The son is Rand Paul, the Kentucky Republican, the father is Ron Paul. How are you doing, Congressman, how’s life?

Ron Paul: Geraldo, I’m doing well, thank you.

Geraldo Rivera: I’ve read, with great interest, a couple of hours ago, that you have endorsed the candidacy of Mark Sanford, the former Governor of South Carolina, who is embattled in his race for the congressional seat in Charleston, South Carolina. What’s up?

Ron Paul: Well, he’s a good friend, I’ve known him for years, he was a good voter, and I thought he was the best candidate, so I decided to help him out while everybody else is piling on him.

Geraldo Rivera: So do you think he’s personal transgressions are irrelevant?

Ron Paul: No, I think they’re very relevant, I think some people will vote against him for that, and that’s okay. But if we always look for perfection in our candidates, we’d have a tough time finding them. I think he’s obviously the best candidate, and he certainly has his shortcomings, but I imagine all of us have some shortcomings somewhere along the way.

Geraldo Rivera: Well, everyone in this radio broadcast facility can say, “Yes, that’s true”. But it seems to me that you have set yourself up in some ways to be the anti-GOP Establishment. They forsake and cut off Mark Sanford after he got caught walking in his ex-wife’s backyard or something, and then you embrace him. Are you doing that to tweak the Karl Roves of the world?

Ron Paul: Not really, because I actually sent him the endorsement before that last story broke. And, technically speaking, I would have had to reverse it and take it away, but I decided not to, especially after having made a commitment. I think the only thing that we did was we delayed it one week so it wouldn’t be lost in all the other news. But, no, I don’t think I’m taking on anybody as much as it seems like the party takes on us who want to be a little bit determined about limiting the government and cutting spending and having a different attitude towards civil liberties, and maybe having a foreign policy more like Robert Taft. So I think they take us on as much as we take them on, I think they’re on the wrong side of many of these issues.

Geraldo Rivera: You established the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, to kind of continue your philosophy, your public advocacy, of a non-interventionist foreign policy. A lot of people you know are saying that this was the worst thing that could have happened for your son’s potential national aspirations. They’re throwing the usual mud at you, that the people involved are or were anti-Semitic and all the rest of that. Do you take that with a grain of salt, do you worry that it might affect your son’s possibilities?

Ron Paul: I can’t worry about it because I can’t care too much about it and I can’t change my ways, and I’m not going to all of a sudden quit doing what I’ve been doing for 30 years because I have opportunities now to actually continue. I can get on the radio once in a while, I have an influence on you and others. So I would say no, I’ll keep doing it, but I’m aware of it. But, in a way, I don’t think it hurts him. We do have some differences and the approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. Why should it be said that he’s a clone and he has to do everything and think exactly as I have. I think it’s an opportunity for him to show that he’s an independent minded, and he has different opinions.

Geraldo Rivera: You don’t want him to forsake his dad, do you? I would hate that if my son did that, if he went out in public and said, “My dad is one thing, I’m totally different”. Do you want the same thing?

Ron Paul: No, I don’t think he will, because we’re about 99% same.

Geraldo Rivera: Yes, that’s the way is strikes me, I like you both.

Ron Paul: I think there are people who want to drive wedges through that, that’s one reason why, if somebody calls up … if you would have called today and said, “Ron, all we’re going to talk about today is where you and Rand disagree on”, I would say, “I’m not interested in that subject so much”. Because it’s other people who want to do that, they want to dwell on the differences, and I don’t think that’s that important.

Geraldo Rivera: I’m almost out of time, and I hate that I put you in this shorter segment.

Ron Paul: I know you didn’t do that on purpose.

Geraldo Rivera: I know, you know we care deeply for you. But I’m just thinking, have we recovered from the Boston bombing, are we doing enough to investigate the origins?

Ron Paul: Well, probably not, but I don’t have the information on what they exactly have done. I think investigations, whether you’re investigating assassinations or whatever, most of the time cover up blames. It’s not so much that somebody conspired to do these things, but I think so often what they do is make sure nobody gets blamed. If somebody goofed up, then you won’t hear about it. So investigations are fine if they’re revealing the truth.

Geraldo Rivera: We got to leave you, Congressman, so sorry. I hear you.

Processing your request, Please wait....

72 responses to “Ron Paul: Rand Paul and I Are about 9972 the Same”

1. sleedolfine15

I think that the primary difference between Rand and Ron is stylistic not ideological. Rand is employing a strategy that may get him further than his father. He is walking a tightrope. He’s trying be just radical enough to keep most of his dad’s supporters while not being so radical as to lose all mainstream conservative support. In other words,he is trying to satisfy the Judge Napolitano supporter and the Sean Hannity supporter which is tough because they often hate one another.

2. ThingWhatKicks

What’s also pretty sad is people trying to drive a wedge between Paul and the liberty movement.

This means you, Molyneux.

3. Libertarrorism

Fuck the Pauls.

4. Travis

I feel the exact same way. I strongly support Ron Paul because I always felt I could trust him no matter what. Only politician I have ever voted for twice, only politician I have ever donated to…I hope Rand can be somewhat like him

5. Trav1sr

6. LucidDream101

It’s a conspiracy!!! People are trying to change me into a catholic?! I don’t believe in that because, for one, Ron Paul wasn’t in it for statist control. There is evidence of that and he himself even made mention of it. And two, how is less or no government with freedom of religion have anything to do with Catholicism? Let’s pretend you are right just for one second. You’re still comparing who will be in charge in some way, shape, or form. I’m curious now, what is it that you would advocate?

7. luckyjude

VET YOUR POLITICAL CANDIDATES. Maybe people will wake up and figure out Obama and Bush are and have always been the SAME creature. Big Govt (left or right) is the SAME. It doesn’t matter what party. There’s plenty of bs on the Libertarian side of the fence as well. We need Tax Reform! Restore the Constitution!

8. BendingRealityTV

Traitor = Sellout = Deceiver

9. harryflo54

Ron Paul is the only politician that I ever had full trust in, he is always the same yesterday today and tomorrow no flip flopping, he tells it like it is, in clear language with an open heart, and never seems like he’s hiding anything, WTF were the American people thinking… Obama has so many skeletons and unknowns with a history riddled with scandal and investigation you can’t trust a dam thing he says, So my theory is the people who voting for him are near brain dead.

10. EgadsNo

The answer you seek is technically already in the comment from which you asked- they are obviously a hard nosed free market capitalist who believes a moral society would act so through dollar votes.

11. cheeseaura1

…we found perfection in a candidate…it was you, sir.

12. john badcock

Ted cruse and rand paul. Our next leaders

13. goarmy979

Ted cruse and rand paul. Our next leaders

14. Nachuak

Zionists hate Libertarians and that is why Mr.Paul is not our needed leader.

15. XPIOLT

One Liberal doesn’t like this video. Search Youtube for [ I'm happy I was wrong and that Obama won ] to find out who that one socialist is. You may want to get a bowl of popcorn because this is funny.

16. LiquidSmooth

No. Ron Paul approved of those “tracist newsletters” written in his name.

Look at who his Homeschool Curriculum writers are: Mr League of South (Tom Woods) and Gary North (another catholic who believes the South was Right) is the director of the curriculum.

It is no secret the Vatican sided with the South during the civil war. It is no secret that the Vatican has always hated america because it was founded on protestant ideology.

Amnesty helps make america CATHOLIC, that’s why they want it.

1. Scarecrow13

You think Gary North is a Catholic? You obviously know nothing about him. He is a reformed protestant and I suspect is not particularly fond of Catholics anyway.

17. LiquidSmooth

It is actually very republican to go after Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Rubio, Paul Ryan, Romney and all the other fake republicans.

Ron Paul is your classic, southern democrat, “south was right”, pro-Vatican candidate.

Why do you think Ron Paul has a homeschool curriculum made entirely of roman catholics? And Mr. League of South (Tom Woods) is helping to write it along with Gary North (known for rewriting history to favor the catholic church).

Why is Rand pushing Amnesty? It makes america CATHOLIC

18. EaglesFan2013

Did you bother to watch the Rand Paul speech at CPAC?

19. Eagles Fan

Did you bother to watch the Rand Paul speech at CPAC?

20. LucidDream101

Why are you always after the Pauls? Are you even Republican or Conservative? You were hanging around the Ron Paul videos last year too. You should research the dirt on the other politicians too. It’s pretty thick in comparison or is that completely against your personal agenda to bash the Paul family? What exactly are you trying to accomplish by hanging around Ron and Rand Paul videos?

Anyways, he says it best in my opinion… /watch?v=fJriMGidPOE

21. EaglesFan2013

I will answer your questions (although your tone) seems to indicate more cynicism than actually seeking new information. It was Rand himself, at the recent CPAC event, who portrayed a fairly accurate image of the GOP & why they keep losing Presidential elections. IF he is SERIOUS about making those changes, it requires an updated “catching up” of their policies & practices to include ALL Americans in his quest for “Freedom & Liberty”. I recommend you watch the speech here on YouTube. Thanks..

22. Eagles Fan

23. Eagles Fan

24. LucidDream101

Catch up how? Are you still going on about racism? It’s an evil word that blacks shouldn’t even be allowed to use in my opinion. No one should be allowed to say racism. How’s that for a law?

25. MrAnon05

Ron Paul since then has made it clear he was not the author of those newsletters. However, he made no indication of this during his 1996 campaign. Sources from his opponent’s, Lefty Morris, campaign show that Morris attempted to campaign by tying Paul to the newsletters. However, constituents in the district seemed unperturbed by the inflammatory content, and by report many of them even praised to Ku Klux Klan for “maintaining community values”. I believe I PMed you the source of this account.

26. MrAnon05

27. BlueNinjakoopa553

My attitude is take it or leave it. I like that the Civil Rights Act repeals most of the Jim Crow laws but I don’t like how government gets power over private property (unconstitutional). Republicans only opposed a few titles, namely title II, but they supported the rest of it and showed so by voting for it. Title IX is no longer needed since no one holding office supports segregation. Paul’s view is that the CRA should be redone, not outright repealed with no viable substitute.

28. MrAnon05

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion about the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, both of which were strongly supported by the 1960s Republican party yet opposed by Ron Paul (along with the earlier Brown v Board of Ed ruling)?

29. MrAnon05

Basic economics shows otherwise, at least for some businesses. For example, taxi drivers in many neighborhoods in New York have a financial incentive to discriminate against blacks, as statistically trips would take longer otherwise.

This is discounting the obvious factor that there remain many clearly racist communities in the America, as evidenced by the fact that Ron Paul was able to win re-election despite his opponent raising the infamous newsletters. (I think I sent you info in a PM)

30. EaglesFan2013

Thanks for the comment.

31. Eagles Fan

Thanks for the comment.

32. Kyong Kim

Allowing weed doesn’t mean you plan to do it yourself.
    Business owner has every right to decide what goes on in his business and property. It’s a good thing that you reject racism, but it’s quite the other to FORCE other people to maintain same view as yours.
    And your #2 and 3 doesn’t even have any contents. It just says to research to agree with you.

33. EaglesFan2013

I have been asked to PROVE my opinion that Rand & the Tea Party are simply the new face of the old KKK. So here goes. 1) Educated Americans KNOW the CRA of 1964, makes it ILLEGAL for a business owner to post a “Whites Only” sign. Rand STILL believes stores have a “right” to do that. 2) Research the dozens of hateful, racist TP rally vids here on YT. 3) Research the racist e-mails from PROMINENT TP Leaders, members& supporters like Mark Williams, Marylyn Davenport & Carl Paladino. Thank You.

34. EaglesFan2013

I have been asked to PROVE my opinion that Rand & the Tea Party are simply the new face of the old KKK. So here goes. 1) Educated Americans KNOW the CRA of 1964, makes it ILLEGAL for a business owner to post a “Whites Only” sign. Rand STILL believes stores have a “right” to do that. 2) Research the dozens of hateful, racist TP rally vids here on YT. 3) Research the racist e-mails from PROMINENT TP Leaders, members & supporters like Mark Williams, Marylyn Davenport & Carl Paladino. Thank You.

35. Eagles Fan