Ron Paul Blasts NSA Defenders: “You’re Justifying Dictatorship!”

Transcript

Piers Morgan: Ron Paul, if you had been President – which you could have been, you ran for office this time, and you could have won – are you in all seriousness telling me that you would have stopped all of this tracking of data in the way that the NSA has been doing it?

Ron Paul: An awful lot of it, but it wouldn’t be stopped, you would still have your intelligence gathering, but it would be done under the law. You would have probable cause, and you would have courts. This idea that you can go to the FISC court and get a warrant is ridiculous. The monitoring by the President, saying, “We are going to pick and chose who we’re going to assassinate, whether they’re an American citizen or not. But we have monitors, we’re going to study this”, is the rule of law? What he’s doing is repealing the Magna Carta. You can’t just do these kinds of things, and this one is not only repealing the principles of liberty, but it’s destroying the constitution. So, my question should be to all of you who defend this nonsense: why should the penalty be for the people who destroy the constitution? They’re always worried about how they’re going to destroy the American citizens who tell the truth to let us know what’s going on, but we ask the question, “What is the penalty for the people who deliberately destroy the constitution and rationalize and say, ‘Oh, we have to do it for security'”. Well, you know what Franklin said about that, you end up losing your security and your freedoms, too. So I think we’ve embarked on a very, very dangerous course, the American people are with us on this, it’s totally out of control. And I would say, if you’re confused about what we should do, just read the constitution, what’s wrong with that? Get people to repeal it and change the constitution, but not just to deny it. We go to war without a declaration, we totally ignore the constitution. That is what our problem is today, we have no rule of law, and people say, “Just let secret courts do this, and the government has to know everything, and the American people have to have no privacy”. That reflects an intimidation, people are insecure and think that we need more authoritarianism. You’re justifying dictatorship, that’s what you’re doing.

Piers Morgan: Okay, Ron Paul, I have to leave you there, in full flow.

1,126 Comments:

1. Ron Paul slapping down the truth, as usual..

2. No I’m not I’m just telling the truth if you really think that they haven’t been watching you then your naive. Also why would Snowden leak information and then chooses to go to Hong Kong instead of a normal Cayman islands or Fiji hide out. Come on why go to Hong Kong? You don’t find that odd?!!?!?!?

3. Well, just look at the fact that a majority of the English still love having a Queen. America went to war so that there would not be just one supreme leader and now we have a scum bag in the White House that truly thinks that he’s the King of America and we have quite a few people that don’t mind kissing this guy’s ass. He never should have been able to get on the ballet in the first place and I think he looks at like this, I got away with that so why don’t I go for broke and what ever I want.

4. “Racist” is a hate word.

5. Morgan the anti-white supports mass immigration and “assimilation” geNOcide imposed on ALL white countries and Only white countries.

Anti-racism is Just a codeword for Anti-white.

6. That was incredible…

7. I voted on a Republican ticket last time, but after hearing that charging Snowden with espionage was supported by both parties, I decided that I will be on the Libertarian Party ticket next time around.

If Ron Paul runs once again and still holds well despite his age then I will vote for him. There are some things I don’t agree with him on, but at this point those gripes that I have are miniscule in comparison to the gripes I have with the other two parties.

8. I would have voted for Ron Paul if I wasn’t an anarchist/voluntarist.

9. Its sad to see this country like this. All these dumb americans deserve what about to happen to them.

10. Man i dont care what happens anymore americans wanna keep going with all this corruption fuck em they get whats coming.

11. Its gonna be a real shame when Ron Paul dies from a “heart attack” or similar fate.

12. Hold on, partner. My comment was in response to “HelloTraverse” not you.

13. Gary Madison is probably a ‘Government Propaganda Troll’ payed to distort the debate seen here and take up screen space from opinions that would show a majority support for defending their freedoms. Don’t bother argueing with ‘it’ just give it ‘thumbs down’ enough negative votes and his malicous distractions won’t appear, giving more screen space to real people who realise whats at stake here.

14. Your Constitution as I understand it protects the ordinary citizens from dictatorship and tyrany. It’s there to protect any rogue government from being able to for instance change the law to say they can stay in power for 100 years before the next election. The constituion is ALL the protection you have and anybody that doesn’t jump up in arms the moment it looks like it’s being chipped away is a ‘Gov Propaganda Troll’, or doesn’t have a clue what they are giving away!

15. morgan , your anti american. get out of my country. go back where you came from.

16. really i think they are spot on – and your grammatical skills are really the crap leftist write

17. If the exceptions to free speech happen to match an ongoing program, it is censorship.

Hitler called it Communism; Stalin called it fascism; today’s rulers call it Hate Speech.

18. who can IMPOSE an “anti-white” cult opon white people if white people are the majority by a good bit??? What you say really reflects your dim wit, but like all dim witted people you are missing that little “connection” in your mind that allows you to think clearly and rationally. People arent anti-white, they are just EMBARASSED of rascists and bigots like you. It is your 10th century mentality that has this world fucked up as it is!