Ron Paul on Obama’s Syria WMD Claim

Transcript

Ron Paul: Today, we heard from President Obama that the war in Syria will be escalated. He now has agreed to send weaponry in to assist the rebels. ‘Escalation’ is the proper word, because we’ve already been involved for quite a few months. We’ve been supporting the rebels for probably the past two years, supposedly for humanitarian reasons. But now there’s going to be a much more aggressive approach and we’re going to send weapons.

There are a few problems with this. First off, it’s war, and the second thing is, presidents aren’t supposed to start wars without permission from the people through a congressional declaration of war. And, besides, it’s not going to do us any good to expand in another war. And now we hear that most of the rebels are the Al-Qaida, they’re kind of in there as well. So this foreign policy we’ve been following now for so many years, is backfiring on us. It’s backfiring on us because guess who’s helping the rebels besides the United States, the Al-Qaida from Iraq. Before the Iraq war, there was no Al-Qaida in Iraq, now there is, and now there over there helping. And we think we’re going to sort this out after 2 years? The reason this is coming about is because the rebels are losing this war and we’ve been supporting the rebels. And I don’t think it’s possible to pick out the good guys here, there’s no way. I think we should pick out the good guys over here, the American people and the American tax payer, and think about what’s the best for America. And what we’re doing here is not the best in any way.

The one thing that I find rather ironic, because I was very much involved in the lead up to the Iraq war, is that the language is the same. They’re using the same arguments: weapons of mass destruction, poison gases, hundred people died and the government has done this. But you know what, they haven’t used absolute facts, they haven’t even used absolute language, they hedge their terms and they say, “Yes, possibly”. A couple of weeks ago, our administration was admitting that some of this poison gas may have come from the rebels themselves. But it is estimated 100,000 people have died over there, and they’re saying maybe a hundred or so have died from gas, possibly. But who did it and when and why? And this is the red line. To me, it’s all an excuse. This is sort of like what Clinton did in 1998 to get people to look at something other than the Lewinski affair. There’s a lot of scandal going on in this country, and it benefits the President because to get people mind off the scandals. There’s nothing like a scare tactic on foreign policy to get away from these scandals. So I think this is really a lot of what’s happening.

Besides, if you think about it, why would President Assad, who’s winning the war, use poison gas to kill a hundred people, knowing full well what would happen if people thought he was using poison gas? There’s no way, the man is not an idiot. And now the assumption is, “Yes, this is the case”. But here, over 100,000 have been killed, but the only thing that counts are these 100. It’s sort of like wondering why the people aren’t concerned about 100 or 200 or 300 killed on a regular basis from a drone missile, why isn’t that the red line. Matter of fact, I think the Al-Qaida have red lines, too, and when they hear that the U.S. drone missiles are killing civilians, they can get pretty annoyed.

But we are falling down the path of what Bush did leading up into Iraq, and what Clinton did back in 1998 by bombing Kandahar in Afghanistan. And they know about this, that this is a diversion tactic. So my concern is what has been my concern for so long, what are we doing there, why are we there, what will come of it, how will we get out of it? I argued that same thing about Iraq and Bush, and we’re still messing that place up. We’ve actually had that backfire on us, Iraq now is an ally of the Iranians and is actually still our enemy. A lot of people say, “We have to do it because this is what Israel wants”. It may be, Israel may want this, I suspect that’s their position. But I think that’s a mistake. It’s not a mistake to be friends with Israel, but it’s a mistake to do it this way. I think Israel is getting themselves into real trouble by supporting all this rebellion going on, whether it’s Libya or Egypt or now in Syria or the mess we have in Turkey; this is instability, it cannot help Israel. It is good intentions and humanitarian instincts, but what we’re really doing, and it’s a real tragedy, is that the neo-cons are winning this battle here at home, and they’re controlling our foreign policy. And it’s tragic that they are, because polls now show 68% of the American people say, “Don’t go in there, we don’t need another war”.

And think about the money, we went through this sequester and a nickel and dime was cut, and they cut a few things, and they cut a couple of TSA agents for a couple hours, and they tried to make a big deal of slashing. But never once has the President ever hesitated to promise more foreign aid and more military aid. So that has all been a charade about cutting, because there is no cutting here, this is expansion. And this, I think, is a lot more dangerous than Libya, and a lot more dangerous than Egypt. Russia is involved with this, and Iran is involved. China is probably keeping their eyes on it, and it’s not serving our interests at all. This is why I think it’s so necessary for us as a people to once again think about the advice the founders gave us by talking about a non-interventionist foreign policy, mind our own business. This compulsion and obsession to be involved when it doesn’t even involve us … there are some in the Senate right now, there are the neo-cons in the Senate who are just shouting about why we should do a lot more, we shouldn’t have incrementalism, we should go in there with full force. Well, I’ll tell you what, the American people don’t want it, we can’t afford it, it’s bad policy. It’s not going to help Israel, and it’s not going to help the rebels because we don’t even know who the rebels are, and if we do help, it’s probably going to help the Al-Qaida. The weapons we send over there will probably end up in the hands of the Al-Qaida, and will be used against the American people.

So it’s time for the American people to wake up and let their members of Congress and their senators know, “Stop it”. Why should you just sit back and let the President do these things. He used to pretend that we don’t need a congressional approval, we’ll get it from the UN and we’ll get it from NATO. Well, in this case, he just does it, and nobody says anything, they think the money will be there. But I’ll tell you what, having been in Washington for a long time, and except for a few, the people that are there are not going to say much, they’re just going to go along with it. So it’s going to take the American people to wake up and say, “Enough is enough, we’re broke, we don’t want this. No wonder we’re in a constant recession, and no wonder we are under constant threat by Americans being killed by the Al-Qaida”. And that is going to continue until we understand exactly the motives of those individuals who would like to kill Americans, and, believe me, it’s not because we’re free and prosperous. It has a lot to do with drone warfare, occupation, putting our troops in other’s lands, putting on no-fly zones and putting on boycotts and prohibiting these countries from minding their own business. So it’s time for us to wake up, because this could get out of hand, and that’s what I fear. Because eventually we’re going to have a financial crisis, which will be related to this endless spending. So this is an opportunity for us to wake up the American people, and they’re with us on this issue, we just need to get our voices heard.

Thank you for listening.

2,326 Comments:

1. "And I did it for the right reasons. It tells the world that USA does not discriminate."

Absolute nonsense. The man was and is a liar and criminal. He's a fraud and not qualified to be President. He's a Kenyan and his birth certificate is a fraud. You were deceived because he was black. Shame on you. Your decision was bad and wrong.

That's the fact. If you don't KNOW he's a FRAUD, then take the time to download his phony B.C. and drop it on Adobe Illustrator or find the MANY examples which

2. I wish it wasn't true, but you know it is.

3. I live in Texas and do not hear anything from Detroit. I don't watch TV. I get my information from the Internet, which means that I choose most of what I see, hear and read.

I see more whites complaining about police brutality on YouTube than I see blacks. I see blacks cussing the cops in short comments but that's not really germane to Obama and is not really addressing the problem at all.

4. Its a sure bet if your philosophy is in line with and meets the approval of satanists, then you are a satanist. Libertarians are loved by satanists one and all for their sheep sacrificing ideology....the sheep meaning the Christians...I have done the research, I know what these people are about.

5. This guys a serous Idiot...

6. Your level of revelation is incredibly simplistic. You are actually more brainwashed than I suspected.

You need to learn to hear God. Seriously.

7. Yes, the scripture you refer to means humble yourself to the will of God. Overthrowing Gods divine order is not in line with that its witchcraft. go away.

8. Can't argue with that.

9. Knowing he was a lying criminal, I COULD NOT REJOICE. Now, the fruit of who he is is plain. He's a black George Bush who wants to murder the unborn and promote sexual perversion.

How could I be proud of that?

This country is wrecked. We're just waiting to watch it fall apart.

10. You didn't include that you're a troll on Ron's channel.

Christian library? Confessions? Creeds? Seriously? What about 1Cor2? Do you have any idea what it means? No, you don't.

11. If you are a Christian and suicidal, just help Ron Paul and the tea party movement remove all Government, law, order and restraint and see how long you last...they dont play by Bible rules...

12. Zionist Neocon plan is again falling apart in Syria like it felt apart in Lebanon, thats why Netanyahu and Perle will stop at nothing to continue funding Al-CIA-da for the sake of Greater Israel Project.

13. I cant say it any plainer, a vote for the tea party movement is a vote for the devil. you may as well tie yourself up to the stake and light the fire yourself if you follow these liars and ungodly savages...

14. Please do not condescend me, I have been a Christian and born again for 25 years and am extensively learned on Christian doctrine, theology, history and bible. Our freedom comes from what the Bible says, not what man says. The corruption in our system is not caused by Government but rebellion and libertarianism is at the heart of that...its satanism. You want to see my Christian library? You want to tell me what the confessions and creeds and great scholars had to say about these issues?

15. The ONLY remedy is to cry out to God because there is NO ONE ELSE who has the power to change things for the better. All the power is in the hands of the evil ones.

God has spoken on this. Would you like to know what He said?

He said, "My people *will* cry out to me."

I wonder if you can hear what wasn't said? What wasn't said was, "It might have to get much worse before they do but I can wait."

But do we want Him to wait until this nation is destroyed before we cry out to Him?

16. And I will say this, I was proud to see a black man become my commander in chief, were you not? I'd be proud to even see a women do it. But don't piss on my head a say it raining for God sakes. And I did it for the right reasons. It tells the world that USA does not discriminate. Were moving on ,that. But lets tell the truth about how it got started. No president can fix it all. Because our history tells us they can't.

17. Please don't think I'm trying to be rude; I'm not. I've been a Believer for over 41 years and I was probably far more naive than you. I've been getting a real education in the last decade.

I was ten when Kennedy was shot. Until just a few years ago, I *never* picked up one book or magazine or watched a TV program or video about his death because I figured there is no one better to find the truth than our Intelligence community.

Can you imagine how crushing it was to find that's who killed him?

18. The Government is ordained by God, libertarians are satanists and witches...

19. The Bible says you lie and that Government is ordained by God to protect good people and punish evil. Thats why satanists want it and all law abolished. Dont tell us we are deceived, we have the Bible and it is clear on the philosophy of objectivist libertarianism. Its witchcraft.

20. And it's not just him....All them son a bitches ARE EVIL.