Protect All Human Life

The heated debate about abortion is filled with emotional arguments that usually center on considerations such as sexual morality, religious beliefs, women’s rights, or purely on pragmatic reasons: if abortion were made illegal it would still take place – under unsanitary conditions that would endanger additional lives.

However, a rational evaluation of abortion must be built upon one single question: When exactly does human life begin? At conception, at birth or somewhere in between?

Not even the most radical feminist would find it okay to tear apart a recently-born baby just because it is not wanted by its mother. All other considerations aside, the only reason many individuals can support abortion with a good conscience is because they believe it’s not murder… and that unborn babies do not count as human beings.

Ron Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He believes that human life starts at conception, and that casual elimination of the unborn leads to a careless attitude towards all life.

Recalling his personal observation of a late-term abortion performed by one of his instructors during his medical residency, Ron Paul stated, “It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket.”

In an Oct. 27, 1999 speech to Congress, Ron Paul said:

“I am strongly pro-life. I think one of the most disastrous rulings of this century was Roe versus Wade. I do believe in the slippery slope theory. I believe that if people are careless and casual about life at the beginning of life, we will be careless and casual about life at the end. Abortion leads to euthanasia. I believe that.”

During a May 15, 2007, appearance on the Fox News talk show Hannity and Colmes, Ron Paul argued that his pro-life position was consistent with his libertarian values, asking, “If you can’t protect life then how can you protect liberty?” Additionally, Ron Paul said that since he believes libertarians support non-aggression, libertarians should oppose abortion because abortion is “an act of aggression” against a fetus.

At the GOP Values Voter Presidential Debate on Sep 17, 2007, Ron Paul was asked what he will do to restore legal protection to the unborn:

“As an O.B. doctor of thirty years, and having delivered 4,000 babies, I can assure you life begins at conception. I am legally responsible for the unborn, no matter what I do, so there’s a legal life there. The unborn has inheritance rights, and if there’s an injury or a killing, there is a legal entity. There is no doubt about it.”

At the GOP YouTube debate in St. Petersburg, Florida, on Nov 28, 2007, Ron Paul was asked what a woman would be charged with if abortion becomes illegal and she obtains an abortion anyway:

“The first thing we have to do is get the federal government out of it. We don’t need a federal abortion police. That’s the last thing that we need. There has to be a criminal penalty for the person that’s committing that crime. And I think that is the abortionist. As for the punishment, I don’t think that should be up to the president to decide.”

For many years, Ron Paul has been speaking up for babies’ rights. He passionately defends those who cannot speak for themselves because they haven’t been born yet.

In order to “offset the effects of Roe v. Wade”, Paul voted in favor of the federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003. He has described partial birth abortion as a “barbaric procedure”.

At the same time, Ron Paul believes that the ninth and tenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution do not grant the federal government any authority to legalize or ban abortion. Instead, it is up to the individual states to prohibit abortion.

Many people feel very strongly about the issue of abortion, and once they make up their minds they rarely change their opinion. If you are undecided and/or open-minded, check out this page and this site for more information about abortion, including images and a description of medical procedures.

8,341 Comments:

1. I wish I was half as articulate as u!:)

2. @Bkwmm very good Guest!

3. My religiosity consists in a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit that reveals itself in the little that we, with our weak and transitory understanding, can comprehend of reality. Morality is of the highest importance -- but for us, not for God." - Albert Einstein 'The Human Side', 1954

WITH OUR WEAK AND TRANSITORY UNDERSTANDING

A woman should always have the right to decide what happens to her body with her doctors. She is not some experiment. It is not up to you to choose for her. Pregnancy and labor can still be dangerous. Once a man has something 9 lbs and 6 ounces come out of his penis then he can talk to me about the morality of abortion.

• @AsL
      WoMEN are clearly not an experiment, nor are their purpose & function. The 1st woMAN was created by God, unless of course, you have a scientific explanation. God is purposeful & deliberate in His creation. Successive woMEN, such as yourself, we're created through the sexual act, also designed by God for a purpose(s). And no, it wasn't solely to bear children. He also intended for this to be enjoyable & intimate between a husband & a wife....hence marriage...also designed by God & clearly defined in the Bible. All of these things are the basis of our very existence, but who cares about that?

And yes, I am a Bible-thumping woMAN who believes that men have every right & responsibility to care about their own huMAN race. It's not just the sole woMAN being affected by her choice. It's the rest of society's uneducated, feministically over power driven, God denying women (such as yourself) being brain-washed that I'm most concerned with.

• @Bkwmm @AsL HAHAHA A fundie calling someone brainwashed?!?!?! A vast majority of Atheists, agnostics etc were raised religious, Including me. There are so many gods I do not believe in, including religions that predate Judeo christian theology, why should I believe in yours. See we all don't believe in Gods some of us just believe in one less then others, or with polytheists pantheons less then others. Hey, just FYI, maybe we should worship Horus he was rather close to your Jesus Myth "Born of a virgin, Isis. Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human. Death threat during infancy: Herut tried to have Horus murdered. Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus’ mother “Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.” An angel tells Jesus’ father to: “Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.” Break in life history: No data between ages of 12 & 30. Age at baptism: 30. Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Beheaded. Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days." Oh and BTW, that Myth Predated the Christian myth of Jesus, maybe we should all be Polytheistic

• @vampyreshadow@Bkwmm@AsL Bkwmm, just in case you think vampyreshadow came up with this on her own, I attest that what she has posted here is true. I too have studied the history of religion. Just about all world religions have a version of the Jesus/Messiah story. They are ancient in script as compared to The Old and New Testaments. These scripts have also not been as defiled and stripped by man along the way. To debate abortion in the name of religion when your own scope is so limited and uneducated.... well, your argument falls flat. You aren't "walking on water" with it.

• JohnLutherBarnhart

Horus was not born of a virgin. The goddess Isis took all the parts of her late husband Orsiris and resurrected him. The only thing missing was his penis, She fashioned one out of gold. The myth does NOT have her as a virgin.

Horus was also not nailed to a piece of wood and left to die. The myth is conflicting in parts as well, and he may have been torn to pieces. He did "resurrect" but that thought is acient because we really are eternal beings and we know that.

Horus was never baptized in any of the horus stories.

• @Bkwmm@AsL BK, the Oldest known religion, predates the Age your bible claims the earth is...... Humanity, according to the "word of god" worshiping gods since before we existed :P Hinduism is the oldest religion of the world actually if memory serves they have a "jesus style myth to" damn lots of virgins giving birth back then.. Now days if a "virgin" got pregnant we would all snicker and say SURRRRRREEEE.

• @Bkwmm@AsL OH and FYI, that isn't even the Oldest of the Jesus myths, or the oldest religion, the Oldest religion predates the date the World was allegedly created, we are some talented creatures, managed to Worship Deities before we were created, and leave signs of it on a world that wasn't even created yet :P If I didn't think religion was just based on Humans trying to make sense of the world, I would be polytheistic, but the god did it answer doesn't suit my urge to think :P

• @vampyreshadow@Bkwmm@AsL Haha, good post. You are super educated on religion. God created man in his likeness? How about man created God (a whole bunch of different god's) in his likeness? Would explain God's jealousy, vengeance, demands for worship, etc., and that he is called a HE.

• @Bkwmm I never said men should not care about the human race. I said men have no rights to my body whether with child or not. I never denied God I deny what you claim God is or isn't. I am not over power driven but I do believe others should not have power over my body. It was given to me by God not them. What I do with my body is between me and my God not yours.

4. @burner
    I agree!

5. @moshabosh
    Rape victims make up what % of abortions?

• @Bkwmm@moshabosh Sooooo, that % does not count? How does that fit into your belief system? Because according to you every fetus counts. Rape victims don't count nor a woman that's life or health is endangered? You pretend to care about human beings. This is policing morality.

• @Bkwmm@moshabosh I call your attitude discrimination against minorities.

• @djt
        Abortion is wrong, period, but I get tired of the rape victim argument. Look at the stats. So you don't believe in THE CREATOR of life. I guess we're done then. I would share my testimony, but it wouldn't matter. Check out The Truth Project & really study the Bible. Then, see what you believe.

• @Bkwmm Trust me, I've been down that road and could out quote anyone on the Bible (it is too boring though, so I won't bother) I've lived in the world of Christianity....I could tell you the book, chapter and the verse. Why don't you study how the Bible was compiled in the first place (let's just stick to The New Testament for now)...the translations and how rulers and the Catholic Church removed scriptures and burned books others wrote about when Jesus walked the earth? The word Christian didn't didn't even exist while Jesus was here. The bible was compiled 300 hundred yrs after his death by a group of blowhard men. They sat down and decided which books they would be allow and which ones would not go into The New Testament. These are STORIES passed down of Jesus not, even actual first hand accounts. You should check out the Essences and the Lost Sea Scrolls to get a better account of how people actually lived with and experienced Jesus. As Gandhi said, "I like your Jesus, i just don't like your Christians". Not saying I even believe in God but give an example of the actual blind faith that people give to the God of their understanding. It is like crack cocaine to the addict....just give me the fix and I will believe anything.

• @Bkwmm@djt I have studied the Bible, I can out quote a vast majority of Christians, I spent the first half of my childhood living with fundies, and most my adult life. Actually your bible, with all its awfulness and contradictions is why I am no longer religious :P

6. The sperm and egg are alive prior to conception. Fertilization of the egg is another form of life. Is it a human being or the potential for a human being? There are those that take the argument to the place that all means to interrupt fertilization of the egg is a form of abortion. I don't agree with this. Perhaps you don't either. There are those that belief this so strongly that they grow large families and intend to use this teaching and influence in our country. Would like it if you were forced to have a family of 20 children?

7. @Jackson12345 Ginger, if someone gives you a gift and you don't want it, you don't have to keep it either.

8. JohnLutherBarnhart

@Jackson12345 Hmm, interesting analogy. So, if your grandma gave you a new sweater, would you burn it in front of her and tell here to stay out of your closet? Maybe if you really hate your grandma.

• @JohnLutherBarnhart@Jackson12345 This is a really poor analogy. The whole "gift" thing is just pro-life rhetoric language.

• I have a habit of sometimes interjecting humor into intense situations. That being said ... My grandmother is dead and if she gave me a sweater I would freak out.

9. @Guest
    Let's take the case of my brother, who does not have the ability to communicate. I decide to take him to his doctor & have him euthanized. Is that ok? Is it ok for me to choose to end another's life? What about their individual liberty? 20% of our population's rights have been ignored & they do not exist to fight for individual liberty. What if that were you? It all comes down to whether or not a fetus is human life. Whether we choose to end life at the beginning or 20 yrs old, it's murder & infringing upon someone else's right to live. The sad part is, young women are not educated enough to really understand what they're doing, & I assure you, there's not many older married women having abortions. It's later on in life when they look at their children & realize what they did. Take it from me. My daughter could abort my grandchild at 15, but needs my signature to get her ears pierced. Abortion has been normalized, & now young women who make the choice to have premarital sex can get rid of the nuisance of dealing with the consequences. It is unfortunate that that human life is a nuisance, especially when it's your own child. Our poor young women are completely brainwashed!

• @Bkwmm @guest actually you are way off based go to get the actual abortion statistics quite a few of those getting an abortion have children already. I am 36, I have 4 Living children, and abortion was my choice. As for parental consent laws, they are wide spread and are already killing teen girls. But I've found you guys don't concern yourself with collateral damage. Its all about omgz the fetus

10. let me start by saying i am a Ron Paul supporter, but a true libertarian would be pro-choice no matter what. Of course abortions are quite dramatic, but in some cases like rape or severe ilness of the baby you must have the choice to act.

Never should a doctor suffer for doing what a patient wants him to do in such a case.

11. If only Ron Paul were truly a Libertarian, this might be his view.

12. to Guest

That is some dense text. I like it!

13. Who defines abortion and sets its legalities? Who defines murder and rape and all of these major inconveniences we have throughout our lives? it is simply based on no more than a conglomoration of human agreement? lying was once a crime punishable by death, cheating and stealing the same, and minor incidents too. Abortion was a shame and those who proceeded with these choices were ostracized by the society at large. Now adultery and cheating are laughed upon and joked about, lying is infused in our language structures. What is next? Will murder become a social norm? Will Robbery and sick twisted game will be our modus operandi? You read my message and you revile at my logic, but seriously we have a problem. Our minds and intelligence are evolving to such great extremities, but where is the heart in all of this matter? Maybe we are falling.

• @Jackson12345

It is strange that you refer to murder and rape as inconveniences. The word you are asking after is morality. I recommend starting with some philosophers like John Locke. Also take a look at secular humanism.

Your attempt at using the slippery-slope argument is silly. Abortion is not the same as murder, rape, nor adultery. It is not even similar. Please look up the straw-man fallacy.

I think what you mean to ask is, "Since we have gotten to a point where religion is no longer necessary, to whom do those of us who have based our morals on religious upbringing look for our morals now?"

• @DarrellRoss@Jackson12345 We should not be ruled by religion. In case you haven't noticed all of these religions are getting different messages or guidance from "God". How many different gods are out there anyway? Many claim it is their God and their religion that is the one true path. Ever think about the how many deaths have occurred based on religion? How about the way countries go into battle saying, "God is on our side"?

Religion teaches a person to not trust their inner compass as it cannot be trusted....you are a sinner. All trust is in God and it is only he you should trust. God did not write the Bible - it is called the inspired word of God through man. So you expect people to follow a book that a "bunch of sinners" claim God told us to do? All around the world religions have their own sacred books (like the Bible), and they all have some pretty bizarre and ruthless things in them. All over the world people kill and maim in the name of their God.

Cheating and adultery? I'm not for it, but recorded in the Bible men had harems of wives supposedly sanctioned by God. Throughout the ages all women were expected to accept that their husbands had sex with other women, while she died if her own behavior was even suspect of this.

I could take you through a HUGE list of supposedly godly people that lead double lives.....I'm not talking small dalliances either. From what I have seen there is more hypocrisy within religion regarding sex than outside of it. I've seen ministers that had regular prostitutes preaching against it on the pulpit, Deacons that had whole other families in other states, a devout Catholic that was not satisfied to molest only one of his children, molesting on 6 of them, etc, etc etc. These are people I have known but we have all see the news and there are plenty of names that can be on the list.

It is religion and the policing of sexuality that stirs the pro-life movement IMO. We are to have freedom of religion, to worship or not.

• JohnLutherBarnhart

@djt@DarrellRoss@Jackson12345 Yes, you have freedom of religion, to worship or not. But that freedom means absolutely nothing if you don't have the unalienable right to life. Without that, the rest of your liberties mean nothing.

And Jackson12345, if we don't base our unalienable rights on an ultimate authority that transcends "a conglomoration of human agreement" than they aren't really unalienable. If there is no God, then there are no unalienable rights, just arbitrary ones. "a conglomoration of human agreement" could allow or condemn any arbitrary right.

• @DarrellRoss@Jackson12345 i was thinking the same thing. INCONVENIENCES! Just like pregnancy and labor are inconveniences not that they change your body as well dictate your future plans for the rest of your life.

• Had to mention something you left out Darrell, religion is not so good for morality, as are most extreme views, look at the Perils of Obedience, by Stanley Malgrim, if you believe someone to be a monster you are capable of doing monstrous things to them. People denying medical help for their dying children because of some illogical faith based reasoning that "god" will save their child, or other silliness like going to an exorcist for a seizure disorder, or people murdering homosexuals because they believe they are against god, or even douches disrupting funerals for the same reason. There is so much disgusting ugliness in the bible that those who seek a literal translation generally are the most vile humans.

• honestly you gotta think about the county's history for that. What were we before we were the united states?

We were a people who killed other people for not believing as they did by fire, strangulation, drowning, piling large stones on top of them, shooting them, stabbing them, cutting off there heads and all this while the masses watched and cheered. That was just the first settlers.

I won't go in to the Native American thing. just go to a reservation and really look to understand what we did to them.

Then as the colonies grew England used this land for ... a prison colony. So along with all that said above now we add in murderers, rapist, pedophiles, thieves of varying skill level (this included pirates), and other different matters of "human indecency".

Your wanting to know where this country is going? Nowhere it hasn't been since it's "conception".

14. It is very simple. A woman's choice is made when she CHOOSES to take part in the sexual act. The creation of life occurrs as a result of that choice. No human life can exist without conception. A woman has every right to make her own choice about sex. She does not have the right to decide whether someone else lives or dies. Period. Is your life valuable? Would you exist without conception? Would it be ok if your mother had aborted you? And the father...does it matter how he feels?

• @Bkwmm This question is asked again and again from the pro-life stance: Would you like it if you had been aborted? Are you glad you are here?

I'm kind of tired of the question because although it is thought to be a pretty powerful question by those asking it, it is not for me. When I was 29, my mother came to me, confessing that she had attempted to abort me. She cried and I held her in my arms. In those days abortion was not legal. He doctor seeing the great difficulties of her life with my father tried to help her. What he gave her didn't work and I was born. Am I happy to be here? Yes. Do I believe my mother did something wrong or bad? No. She had a really horrible life. My father believed in keeping her barefoot and pregnant. He drank, cheated and beat her frequently. He also threatened to kill her if she tried to leave. He controlled the money. She was pregnant all the time as he wanted sex on demand. In those days they had no safe houses or restraining orders. She did the best she could raising 8 kids. She loved us and was a good mother. She did the best she could in her situation. As she wept in my arms, she apologized to me and said she had done it because she felt it was so wrong to let one more child come into the world that she seemed unable to escape. She worried about the harm of her babies. She wondered if I could understand that she loved me even then when she tried to terminate the pregnancy. I did understand and I freed her from her pain over it. I was the fourth child of eight. Life was hard for all of us.....lots of fear and pain. All of us have had to do a great deal of healing work and all function well today but it has not been an easy road. I don't believe my mother did something horrible and at the same time, I am glad to be here but if the abortion attempt had worked.......who is to know if my mom would have had a window of time to escape? I can tell you this. My mother was a good person in a very bad situation and I would gladly have given up my life for her to have a chance to get out of there.

• @Bkwmm my potential for life, that is.

• @djt
          What an awesome testimony you have! Too bad it's being used to promote the invalidity of human life. I bet your mother is truly thankful she has you & you have forgiven her. As for me, I have to deal with the fact that my would-be 21 yr old doesn't exist because of my choice. I get to use that testimony as well, for the good. Your mother experienced conviction, which is a natural part of what God calls sin. He also redeems! :) Make a difference...you have a story that can change lives.

• @djt
          God never said it would be easy. I have found that in the difficult times, I draw my strength from Him. That's what he wants. He doesn't want us to rely on our own strength, but on Him. When we give Him our troubles & follow His guidelines through life, well, there are no words to truly describe what follows.

• @Bkwmm I get where you are coming from but really that is about YOUR feelings. What my mother did was about HER feelings. I didn't have to forgive her as I felt there was NOTHING to forgive. I felt nothing but compassion for her a thousand times over and felt so sad she had carried that around for all those years because of religious dogma (which you call God's word). She was brave and courageous giving every ounce of herself to her children. She was not selfish and in fact she needed to put herself first more often. So, i feel for you as I felt for my mother but as far as I go...if the attempt of abortion would have succeeded would it have mattered to me? No. Did I have feelings? No. Could I feel pain? No. She went to the doctor three days after she had forced sex (married men didn't rape their wives - please), when she found a way to contact a friend as my dad would not even let her have a phone. I rarely tell people this part of my life and am doing so here because of this very unimportant question that pro-life people keep using. It has everything to do with the feelings of people and nothing to do with the fetus itself.

• I'm pretty tired of this attitude as well. My mother was as you describe above - she held her faith deeply and personally. She "turned everything" over to God. She even went to school to become a minister when her children grew up. Her body had been so pummeled - broken bones, cracked skull, she had the heart of an 80 yr old at 30. Don't pretend that God has some crazy plan for a person that loves and devotes themselves to live a life like this. It's a joke. She tried so hard to follow God and hoping he would support her if she took right action that she literally had a mental breakdown at 42. She was never the same after that.....she died at the age of 52. I won't bother to describe how her devotion to God played into her death but it did. I'm not the one to preach to on this subject.

• @djt

Thank you for your openness. You have had quite the life journey. My heart goes out to you. & your family. Your mother was the kind of woman I’d love to gain wisdom & understanding from. Best wishes to you.

PS You are very gifted & have a great testimony. If only you believed...God gave you those gifts for a reason. Don't let bitterness & worldliness rob you of His call on your life.

• @Bkwmm

You are pushing your own personal beliefs upon others. This shows in a very clear light why you cannot understand the viewpoint of pro-choice folks.

You are stuck, as it were, in your own realm of thought. You cannot fathom the idea of there not being a god. Until you are able to fathom this reality, you will simply have to resort to your rhetorical statements and anecdotal evidence.

Check out www.truth-saves.com and maybe learn something.

• @ DarrellRoss

You are pushing your own personal beliefs upon others. This shows in a very clear light why you cannot understand the viewpoint of pro-life folks.

You are stuck, as it were, in your own realm of thought. You cannot fathom the idea of there being a God. Until you are able to fathom this reality, you will simply have to resort to your rhetorical statements and anecdotal evidence.

Check out http://www.truthproject.org and maybe learn something.

• @djt@Bkwmm Disfunctional family, disfunctional government, disfunctional part of society. You folks have denied your own type an exhistence as well as denying my type of person any choice WHAT SO EVER.

• @Demsprtr@djt@Bkwmm You exercise your choices daily, quit throwing a fit because you can't make choices involving other peoples beliefs and life. its NOT YOUR CHOICE TO MAKE.

• @Bkwmm Just because you have sex does not mean you want a baby nor should it. Can you imagine having a baby every time you had sex?? Frankly, no it it does not matter how the father feels. If that was my Mother's decision it would not matter because i would not know the difference.

• @Bkwmm

I think you're incredibly prejudiced and your prejudice blinds you.

Let's say that choosing to have heterosexual sexual intercourse is the real problem. It's all these intercourse-crazy heterosexuals.

By your reasoning, when people want to have sex but do not want to risk a pregnancy, they should have:

1. Gay sex - can't get pregnant!

2. Sodomy - can't get pregnant!

3. Oral sex - can't get pregnant!

I mention this because it is pretty common for those with a narrow mind like yours (which says sex those that get pregnant and do not want to keep it should be forced to and that it is punishment for having sex) to also be homophobic and think that anal sex is evil.

So what do you think? You are promoting gay sex, anal sex, and oral sex. Was that part of your goal?

• Lets pull at the dogma for a moment. "lean on God he'll do it for you.lean on him to get you through it." or "God helps those that help themselves". you can't have it both ways.
      "God has given you a gift. A child"
      Why isn't it a gift when he gives some1 the knowledge to remove a baby that isn't wanted, can't be supported, will inevitably KILL it's mother? Knowledge is a gift, too. Granted, people are given trials but, they are also given solutions. You just have to be open to new ideas.
      You Christians who hold so stead fast that God will personally do everything for you sicken me every bit as much as abortions sicken you. Your so blind waiting for God to help personally that you don't see the help when he sends some1 to help you.
      Your saying abortion is evil, it's murder. You call the people who do it murderers (even if you your self do it, HYPOCRITE) In truth you have no idea what someone is going through. You don't know their story. To call it wrong no matter what ... Pull something from your Bible ... "Judge not lest you your self be judged in heaven"!

15. It does SOUND like this is what he is saying but he is not fully disclosing his agenda on this issue....at least while campaigning. Ron Paul is very active in working to ban abortion and does not believe in choice for the woman but favors rights of the fetus. He wants to remove it from the Federal level to accomplish this. Please look at this link or at least read highlighted points below.

National Pro-Life Alliance Executive Director Mary King strategizes with Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) on the Sanctity of Life Act.

!) There is no question that the largest obstacle in the fight to enact pro-life legislation to protect the unborn is the federal court system. Since the 1973 Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, the courts have repeatedly thwarted efforts to enact even the most modest pro-life reforms.

2) National Pro-Life Alliance members are not waiting around for a pro-life majority on the Supreme Court to demand an end to abortion-on-demand.

3) In addition to leading the fight to protect the Constitutional right to life of unborn babies from conception by passing a Life at Conception Act, National Pro-Life Alliance members are mobilizing grass-roots support for an additional measure to remove jurisdiction over abortion from the federal courts.

4) By removing all authority from the courts to rule on cases involving abortion, the Sanctity of Life Act of 2011 [H.R. 1096] would restore the authority of popularly elected officials to pass laws to limit or ban abortion without interference from unelected, activist pro-abortion judges.

5) But by passing the Sanctity of Life Act, Congress can finally put an end to this judicial tyranny once and for all. U.S. Constitution Explicitly Grants Congress the Authority to Strip Courts of Jurisdiction.

Pro-lifers are urged to call (202) 224-3121 and insist that their Congressman cosponsor Representative Ron Paul's Sanctity of Life Act of 2011 [H.R. 1096] today.

16. This is exactly what I like about Ron Paul. He is not just supporting his own personal beliefs. He is supporting our rights as citizens to make our own decisions. This is not something I can say for Mitt Romney or or Rick Santorum.

17. This is not so. I thought the same thing. He wants it out of government at the Federal level because he has not been able to get laws passed to prevent abortions at this level. He wants abortion to be illegal at the state level. He has signed a pledge to fight abortion. He does not respect the right to choose and says he does not believe it should even be allowed in rape cases.

18. This is what I thought too but it isn't true. You need to look at the comments below or do some of your own research. Ron Paul has worked to pass laws regarding abortion at the Federal level. He has no accomplished what he wanted and wants it moved to the state level by overturning Roe vs Wade. He does not want the person to have a choice he wants it illegal by all the states and has signed a pledge to fight to abortion even for rape cases. That means some pervert rapes your young daughter (girls get their periods really young these days) and you have no right to abort the baby. First menstruation can be as early as 9 yrs of age.

19. @Jae Webb from Spokane They cede power by design, they exist inside another persons body, they have abandonment programs and social services because forcing one person to care for another person doesn't work in the real world, with living existing children. I have been a caregiver for some of these, I worked with state ward mentally challenged. Its honestly a sad life, some lives are better off not happening.

How do you people think that forcing a person to take care of herself while she is pregnant is going to work any better then attempting someone unwilling to parent to be a parent? I allowed my ex who decided to walk away from his two eldest to walk away, because I can't force him to be a proper parent.

20. @djt I eat eggs and fish, but not meat. I only eat what I am willing to kill. I cannot honestly kill a cow, pig, sheep, deer, chicken, turkey, or duck, etc., nor could I kill a dolphin or a whale. I have no qualms about fish. I do not believe that eggs have sentience and I doubt that anyone will ever prove they do.

• ok 1st fish is meat. that's like the one thing I read a while back when some one typed "I eat chicken but not meat" I laughed for a very long time.

So in reference to the egg comment ... your pro-choice?