Illegal Immigration

Illegal immigrants are a convenient scapegoat for our economic crisis. But with free markets and private property, the need for immigrant labor becomes obvious. Most immigrants, regardless of the color of their skin, are open to the ideals of liberty: private property, free markets, sound money, right to life, low taxes, less war, protection of civil liberties, and a foreign policy designed for peace.

Ron Paul proposed the following action steps for dealing with illegal immigration:

1. Abolish the welfare state. The incentive to take a job at whatever wage available must prevail.
  2. Establish a generous visitor work program. Once we solve the economic crisis by introducing sound money, demand for domestic and immigrant labor will rise.
  3. Enforce the laws on the books with more border guards. Allow states and landowners to enforce the law and provide security assistance.
  4. Abolish birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants. [Current U.S. citizens will not be affected. Instead, babies born to illegals after a future cutoff date will no longer gain automatic U.S. citizenship. They will still have citizenship in their parents’ home countries.]
  5. End all federal mandates on the states to provide free education and medical care for illegal immigrants.

3,498 Comments:

1. From pugilite: I agree as a Libertarian you should be able to hire whomever you want. You would also be required by the state to carry workers comp on your "foreign" employees, but since you are a Libertarian you don't want the state telling you what to do so you will have to pay for their injuries out of pocket...unless you DO carry workers comp insurance, in which case me and others are subsidizing your foreigner because workers comp is a social policy. As a Libertarian myself, I'm not helping pay workers comp for your foreigner or unemployment insurance, etc. @jjohn

2. I have been following along with all these posts and i would like to say.....

For all the people on here talking about illegals medical expenses not costing Americans anything then you are either completely stupid or a blatant liar.

Here is a link regarding the massive cost of health care for illegals and this is a recent article.

For the pro amnesty group, I am sure you think we are all racist trash when we say it is time to for the illegals to go, but the truth of the matter is the Illegals are from all races not just Latino. The truth of the matter is they are costing this country exponentially in medical treatment/care, education, penal institution costs and we are absorbing these costs in higher insurance premiums, taxes, our cost of medical care has gone up as well to absorb the costs of illegals care.

While I can understand that they have come here seeking a better life for themselves and their children and future children, they have committed a crime in doing so. The first crime committed was when they crossed the border without the paperwork allowing them to do so, the second crime they committed was when they stole a US citizen social security number to work and obtain credit. And, if you do not think it is a crime stealing from the American people then you are sorely lacking in values, morals, integrity and honor.

Just moving to the US does not make them a US Citizen! The US Citizen is not lacking in compassion because we do not want to see the US become another crappy third world country!

3. To mjrAK47: I have not replied to anything you have written let alone called you a racist, and I don't know why you are associating me with Daniel Monge.

4. I am posting as a reply to Daniel Monge & pugilite concerning the "legal" immigration issue. MY grandparents migrated from Russia...If they had not, I would not be here. That was then...this is NOW. We have a system that cannot sustain even "Legal" immigration. Our Country is BROKE. We have too many "Citizens" in our current population who cannot find work or support their families. Before you jump on me and call me racist, or uncaring, just look at this video with an open mind. This is a way to help not the few...but the MANY... on a Global basis. WE have to be REALISTIC about our options as America will cease to exist if we continue doing WHAT we have been doing. When it doesn't work, this is an INSANE thought process. So please, just watch this video...it may give you a different, more creative way of trying to solve this problem...then, come back to this forum and attack me if you must.

5. I'm a mother, wife, proud American, and a US Navy Sailor....I was previously called an "anchor baby." How many so-called "anchor-babies" died for this country in the war? Now you want to kick their parents out? Ignorant....a colorado company was raided by immigration and then the company went bankrupt. Shoot yourselves in the foot by kicking immigrants out.

• @deedee681

While I applaud your service to the armed services and the US, it does not make what your parents did any less ILLEGAL. Your parents took advantage of the US, they stole into this country without any regard to the consequences of their actions. They had you without thinking about the possibility of how YOUR future might turn out. They did not care about who they might be hurting, all they cared about was themselves. It was purely selfish act.

I personally feel the 14th needs to be amended so people without integrity can no longer abuse a law that was not meant to apply to them. The 14th Amendment was wrote specifically regarding the fallout of the slaves emancipation, not for peoples around the world to use it as a loophole for their illegal actions.

• @deedee681 The company should have been closed down because it's obvious that they wouldn't have survived in a level marketplace. How many competitors had to close their doors because this company wasn't playing by the rules?

6. It's a tough issue, but I agree with Dr. Paul. Illegal immigration has a lot of issues that come with it. Disincentive illegal immigration and maybe we can work on making legal immigration more possible.

7. I think for any change to take place, we need a leader in Office to stand up for every Legal American! That pays into our system and pays taxes. We need to stop letting people from Mexico and Canada and over sea'a come into the USA and feed off our system for FREE. SEND THEM ALL BACK. That would free up our schools, Jobs, Roads and more! Besides protecting our boarders and making sure people come here to visit on a VISA or seeing our country. Ron Paul Needs to clean up Washington and the GOP DOGS trying to run this great nation into the ground. 2012 RON PAUL HAS GOT MY VOTE! God Bless AMERICA and ALL TAX paying American Born people.

8. @James1_ I agree with you but times have changed and it is hard to become citizens. People became citizens because of the amnesty. Ron is against it. So if Ron was president at that time any citizens now would not have been citizens. Immigrants dont get any benefits and if they do please let me know cause none of my friends have benefits. You are right we do pay taxes and most immigrants dont. if they were to become residents or citizens then they would probably start paying there taxes. The government uses our money on stupid things already. Instead of blaming immigration we should consult our government and tell them to make smarter descisions on where to spend our money.

9. I like the comments made by Daniel Monge. My wife's parents are illegal immigrants, and yet are very hard working people now that they are here.

Dr. Paul makes a great point, that if we don't secure our borders there will be serious consequences. It makes no sense to just allow everyone to come here with no filters or constraints.

However, we should make it much easier for hardworking, otherwise law abiding citizens (I say otherwise law abiding because illegal immigrants come here...illegally) of foreign countries to come here and work.

Most of the illegal immigrants that come here are devout Catholics, and exactly the kind of law abiding, family oriented, faithful people that are needed to make an ethical democracy work.The first step should be to secure our borders, as Dr. Paul has pointed out, but we must also seek comprehensive immigration reform. Let's make it easier for good people to come here, and let's build walls to keep the drug cartels and gansters out.

10. What happened to my post?

11. I'm have been more of a democrat, but Ron Paul is my favorite candidates. The only thing holding me back is his immigration policies. I believe every human deserves a equal chance at living. Everyone blames immigrants and the lower class for many economical problems, but people need to realize that it is not the lower class and immigrants but the upper class creating these problems. Everything starts from the government then the upper class then all the way down. It will take a full book to explain this. So for now just think about the chain effect. Immigrants and lower class has little to no control to what happens to the economy. Any problems that you may come up with we should look at the upper class and government.

• I was never considered upper class, I have worked since I was 16, but I have NEVER blamed someone else for my lack of opportunities. My husband is a high school grad and did not attend college. He learned a trade and he makes a great deal of money. I only have a high school education but i have never lacked work and I have always found a way to overcome the tough times in my life. My 26 year old daughter is a high school grad that started her own business and now makes over 20,000 a month. My son is 20 a high school graduate has a wife, a son and a baby on the way yet he works hard, makes really good money and supports his family comfortably. I never hear them complain about if life wasn't so hard or it is someone elses's fault they are not rich. I can tell you I know hundreds of people that work hard and live well and not one of them lay any blame on at someone else's feet. What is comes down to is the doers and the complainers. It appears you are one of the complainers.@Americanrev

• @cc0623 I am a complainer just like you and everyone. But I complain about things that make sense. I been working since I was 16 and even before that with my dad . I worked hard to over cone tough times and I graduated high school and now I'm a senior in a university. To make a long story short I had to overcome being homeless. I don't know if u ever been in that position but it is hard and you see how things really are. I saw how the lower class survived and I was able to open my eyes and see a lot of truth. I was able to work harder and even work two jobs. And I had my wife and son with me living in my car and from time to time getting a motel room to take a shower and rest up comfortable. It took me 3 months to finally get out of being homeless. One whole month looking for a 2nd job and 2 months to raise money for a place. All this with out welfare . There are people in worse positions than that. I heard so many stories and some even sad. So before u start saying anything put your self in someone elses shoes and think how it will feel if it were to be you.

12. Washington Resident

Ron Paul supports bringing the troops home. I imagine there will be times such as natural disasters when the troop support stateside will be invaluable. The troops can help in protecting the borders as well. The troops stateside will provide economic benefits to local merchants and business in the area of the bases and encampments.

13. john lockes ghost

These self-serving policies and actions of both democrats and republicans is what has created the great disparity between Congressmen's net worth ($ 725,000) and citizens net worth ($ 20,500). @mjrAK47

14. john lockes ghost

Ron Paul doesn't have to win (although that would be preferable) all he has to do (and is doing) is to bear influence on whoever becomes the GOP nominee. Independent voters are Ron Paul's greatest political asset. We have witnessed the self-serving contemptible actions and policies of both democrats and republicans for much too long. It is time for a change, a change to restore our country to its former greatness. @mjrAK47

15. Pingback: Ron Paul Appreciation Thread - Page 564 - Grasscity.com Forums

16. Hey Jay, hopefully there aren't too many like you with your mentality. Right NOW is when ALL of America needs to pull together. If we don't, you won't have to worry about YOUR Rights...we won't have any Rights. Only Ron Paul AND a Congress and People who support him will be able to turn this mess around and return America to a Country ruled by Laws that are "by the People and for the People". The "People" refers to American "Citizens" THAT is the bottom line. By hiring illegals, YOU are breaking the law.

17. ANONYMOUS, your idea of temp help...even if "legal" is still taking away JOBS from Citizens of this Country!! We are not at a point where we can afford to give ANY jobs to people who do not live in this Country as Citizens. Some members of my family owned fruit orchards...they hired illegal Mexican workers who came back every year as a family group. The excuse at that time was that the Mexicans were good workers, dependable and came back. They said that the local Citizens were too lazy to work that kind of a job. Well, that was true...because they were paying the Mexican workers below minimum wage and other jobs were still plentiful. They supplied the workers with small cabins to live in, so they had very little expenses while living here. I worked in the orchards to help with buying my clothes and for money for college. THEY hired ME because I was "family". Others would have worked but not for the wages that were paid to the Mexicans. As the situation is currently, citizens WOULD go out and work, even for less than minimum wage. Also, many who can't get anything from the Govt would work...to eat and to pay for the homes that they are loosing. NOW is a different time than when I was a kid .Your notion to "help" the World is Noble and Good, but it doesn't pay for the homes or food of Citizens who are out of work and have just given up, because there ARE no jobs. I do not lack compassion...I am just a REALIST. The America that WAS does not exist at this time. Perhaps, if we focus on the Citizens of THIS Country and THEIR needs, we will be able to return to a Nation of prosperity and then we will be able to help those throughout the World who are in need. If OUR Govt would quit setting up Dictatorships in other countries and supporting them, maybe those people could fix what is wrong within their own countries. What we have been doing is NOT working. Ron Paul said it right..."We are broke".

18. Jay, as it stands right now, you really don't have ANY rights. The past few administrations...both Dem and Repub...have said that they "don't give a damn about the Constitution...It's just a G-d D--n piece of paper". You hold that Constitution up in their face when they come and tell you exactly how YOU are going to be conducting business. Ton Paul is our only hope of returning this Country to the way our founding fathers intended it to be. If he doesn't win this election, the Constitution won't matter a hill of beans and you can kiss all your notions of your "God given Rights" goodbye.

19. Jay, If you stick around for a few more years...and do nothing...YOU can hire all the illegals you want to...not that you will be able to pay them because our Country will be broke. Any business that is able to survive will be subsidized by the Govt. See how you like going through all the red tape THAT will cause,

20. Anonymous, Our policy of trade agreements with China has resulted in China exporting THEIR cheap goods to us. ..and, as you said, the factories were moved over there, so we don't even make anything off of the manufacture of those products in Jobs. Clinton also gave our only deep water port on the West Coast to China, where the trucks take the goods to Missouri and distribute them to ALL parts of the US. Clinton also GAVE all of our National Parks to the UN...so that the WORLD can be co-owners of them. Did you or I get to VOTE on any of this?? I still stand by what I said in my first post on this forum...if we do not stem this flood of illegals into our Country...if we do nothing about those who are already here illegally, The United States will cease to exist in a few more years. We WILL be another 3rd World Country and then, how many OTHER Countries will we be able to help from our lack of excess funds and ALL of us, but the very few, living in POVERTY?

• @mjrAK47 Factories were moved over there by "us" why are you so "everything-is everybody-else's-fault"?! The US capitalists bring immigrants, they export our jobs, they sign contracts to buy china made cheap toys, electronics, clothes, etc. to save money!!! It's us own fault especially the retarded politicians who are involved in all types of ridiculous covert and immoral activity i.e. selling weapons to Iran. Afghanistan, they trained bin laden, they train dictators in Latin America, they are involved in the import of millions of tons of cocaine and heroin but they get off scott free while the little man suffers. I think most people know about many of the above stated facts but I was shocked and it is TRUE. There are well documented reports by the US gov. showing the cia (when bush was director) was involved in smuggling millions of tons of heroin into the us.

• john lockes ghost

Our beloved representatives in congress are responsible for our decline. Under bush, they carried out class warfare against the middle class through their adoption of so-called fair trade agreements and allowing the outsourcing of American jobs to foreign countries. Additionally, the executive branch (bush and latter obama) allowed American businesses to hire illegal aliens and other foreign workers. @mjrAK47