Who Is Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is America’s leading voice for liberty, prosperity and peace. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives and three-time presidential candidate, Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Ron Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president. During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he returned to his medical practice.

Ron Paul went back to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and eventually became Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continued to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

• Ron Paul never voted to raise taxes.
  • Ron Paul never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • Ron Paul never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • Ron Paul never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • Ron Paul never taken a government-paid junket.
  • Ron Paul never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.
  • Ron Paul voted against regulating the Internet.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war.
  • Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

1,764 Comments:

1. Matthew Anderson of Michigan

We’ve got the federal reserve printing our money and charging us massive amounts of interest to ‘borrow’ which contributes a hefty amount to our national debt. A non-government run organization whose sole purpose is to make paper plots that have nothing to back up their worth except for the number the put into the corner and how much is actually in circulation.

we have a pointless war that costs up to 720 million dollars that isn’t meant to end. Just meant to be sustained and use up more money. Where does this money come from? It is once again borrowed from the fed which places even more debt onto the mass we’ve accumulated since the fed was instated.

we are royally screwing ourselves without even the slightest care. The majority of people believe the attacks on 911(another story in itself) has something to do with the war in the middle east. Are we even still looking for bin laden? We managed to find saddam hiding in some random hole but finding bin laden seems to be a lost cause.

there’s only one candidate who can see these evils in our society and, in my opinion, sincerely wants to help eradicate them. Ron Paul is a true American. A true politician of the people unlike the opposing candidates of both parties who seem to just be businessmen.

The sad thing is Paul probably wont win. His messages will die out with the next election and we’ll all be taken through this loop again. We need to stand up for this guy. For ourselves. If Paul isn’t going to win we at least need to do everything possible to make his messages heard. To pass it down to future generations and maybe, if we haven’t ruined everything, some one down the line will be able to pick up where he left off.

He needs a fighting chance. He needs to have his word spread. The media is too busy over the controversy of the democratic race while McCain slowly creeps in from under all of it. My prediction is that McCain will win. Which trust me we do NOT want him to be president. All he wants is to continue where Bush left off.

Watch the movie Zeitgeist. You may not believe everything in there but the things stated in that documentary reflect a lot on what is happening and what is going to happen. Even if you are a devout Christian skip passed that part and watch the rest. If that doesn’t make you angry then there really is no hope for us.

Thank you Ron Paul. You have inspired a lot of people including myself. If ever I thought some one could change and save this country it is you.

You have my unending support and I pray you find your way. If there is anything I can do to help email me

remusjlupin@comcast.net

if anyone has any questions or wishes to comment on things I’ve said feel free. Even negative feedback will help

2. I am so thankful to see that someone like Ron Paul is stepping up and getting his name out to the public. People need to vote for this man and get Bush out of office.
    Finally someone who is speaking the truth!

3. Pingback: The argument over “what is” : Joshs Blog

4. Elijah Jordan Henry

Hello, Dr. Ron Paul
    I am seventeen, about to turn eighteen. I will vote for the first time in November, and you will get my vote. Everything you say makes sense, and is in line with the Founding Fathers’ originally intended interpretation of the Constitution. Every time I speak with someone about politics, (which is often), I bring your name up. I usually manage to get them to promise to google you, and find out what you are all about. Most people seem to be unreasonably consigned to “settling for” one of the three politicians being pushed upon us by the mainstream media… It is absolutely appalling. Hardly anybody realizes that there are true statesmen, like you, alive today, and that they can vote for somebody with the insight and wisdom to save America.
    YHWH bless, and
    Maranatha

5. after growing up with Regan, I can now after the last 8 years of spend, spend, spend and a needless war say that I am not a Republican. I’m a Conservative looking for a candidate who has a brain and will stop running our country into the ground. Obama is NOT the answer either, people. I think so many people are wanting something different, they are not seeing that we are getting set up for another Jimmy Carter. I think many Obama supporters need to read Ron Paul’s section about how higher taxes will crush the economy. Most of them are so hell bent on penalizing those who have more than they do, they don’t realize how higher taxes for everyone will hurt them as well. Thanks Ron – I think we’re screwed either way in Nov., but will be voting for you.

6. Keep it up. I’m not a republican, but I will most certainly be voting for you this year. If you’re not on the ballot, I will write you in, and I hope all the other Ron Paul supporters would do the same. Your vote is never “wasted”, no matter whom you vote for.

7. Please stay in the race we need you to overcome the terrible mess the others have gotten us into. No one else seems to care. ( only for their power ). No thought for our BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY and what it was founded on. They are destroying it very fast. I hope it is not to late for a turn around. Wilma

8. I am an Obama supporter, but, for what it’s worth, you are my second choice. I see your belief in the U.S., and that you are willing to share your thoughts even when others may disagree with them. Being able to stand up, surrounded by far-right conservatives, and denounce the Bush administration and call for the end of the iraq war is a bold, and admirable act.

Stay in the race, and present a better alternative for Republicans.

9. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate in my 23 years as a registered voter that I have agreed with on EVERY issue! We as Americans should not ” have to settle for ” the other candidates just because our parties tell us they are “the right choice”. I am a lifelong Democrat, but I vote for what I believe in. Ron Paul will be my ONLY choice come November. My friends and family are with me on that as well.

10. Hi Ron–

You seem cool and clean. Keep it up, brother.

11. I need to get some ron paul signs, you put on the ground. How much are they and how do I get them? I have 4 little kids and they are all for Ron Paul, and i want to put signs in my yard for them. Thank you!

Syndi Sego

12. Congressman Paul:

Please keep fighting and running in the race. I have a 20 year old who will be allowed to vote for the first time this year, and he wants no other candidate than you. He says that if there is not a write-in blank where he can write “Ron Paul” then he simply isn’t going to vote this time around. I consider myself personally I guess mainly a *constitutionalist* and a sort of centrist libertarian, if such a thing exists… The “big three” candidates aren’t getting it, certainly nobody in this current administration gets it, and I don’t understand what is so difficult: our Founding Fathers GOT IT RIGHT. They didn’t whip out the Constitution overnight; they took their time with it, a long time, and in their wisdom they tried to imagine or foresee any possible problemm that could arise in the United States from the documents they completed and signed. There are, of course, they couldn’t have really planned for… (illegal immigration)? But if you read their documents and think like them if you are able and imbued with that much intelligence – and you are, sir, Dr. Paul, I believe, you can use the knowledge they’ve expressed to solve most any problems. Will we *ever* go back to what was intended for this country? The things that you so wisely have spoken of? They got it right. What we are experiencing now is corruption, idiocy, the good ol’ boy system … well, you’re a Texan like I am and you know about the presidential family and certain ties they have. When will America open their eyes and see? My son assures that that your message is “getting out”, that it might take some time, that you might unfortunately have passed the ideal age, but that it is being very much embraced by many young people and their numbers will grow. You Are In The Right, Dr. Paul. I cannot say that about any other candidate. I wish for you the best; I was very anti-Republican until my son sent me to your site and had me just read where you stand. My first thought was, “Wow, that’s really what they had in mind when they wrote the Constitution…” And he was like, Exactly, and that’s why he gets my vote. I am so proud of you for running on this platform; I do believe, let me say again, I do believe that someday soon, this message will catch on. Never give up. I know I won’t. My son. (He met you, by the way, at an appearance in Tyler or Shreveport or somewhere near there. He told you, “You are the one who inspired me to go to medical school.” You talked about how good that was and talked about your granddaughter who was nearby. Well, Doctor Paul, my son does indeed start pre-med next month. You helped him reach that decision. He wants to do research in Neurology. Thank you for the fantastic ideas you have given all of us who are listening; I have wanted to say what you’ve said for years but didn’t have the words. And thank you for influencing, to whatever degree, my son, who’ll begin LSU in June. Bless you, much happiness to you and yours. You are much admired. Thanks, Amy in Longview, Texas

13. I was watching the “Who is Ron Paul” video. It honestly moved me to tears. My heart breaks for what has happened to this country. It is so far from where it should be. It makes me sick. He represents everything I stand for. I wish people would get the message. Honestly, during the debates, he was not given any fair chance by the media. He was treated badly and cut off mid sentence over and over again. He is a decent man with integrity. This is the type of president we need. The three still in the running are not worthy to lead this nation. Thank you Ron for being the voice of reason.

14. Please Mr. Paul…..stay in the race. This military town in NC needs your help. Too many are dying. We need someone to stop it.

15. Stay the course. I really believe you are the best choice for president and believe in what you talk about.
    I have talked with many people and a lot of the public does not know who you are and are planning on voting for the person they dislike the least.
    A few people I know have been trying to educate these people, but again if people do not know who you are and what you stand for it is hard to convince these people to rock the vote.
    If you have it in you power try and get more publicity, and ads of some form.
    Some myspace.com, youtube.com videos would be a start to influence the generation I am refering to.
    Good Luck Sir.

16. Thank you for trying to help keep the American Dream alive. I am not sure when the republican party stopped having the values that you hold, but I am glad to see someone standing up for the free market!

17. Ron Paul rocks. He is a true republican – for the republic. He is firm in his voting record and he wants to decentralize the power of the federal government that has led us into this war, inflation, “recession”, as well as, becoming the most hated nation on the face of the planet as of late. I sure do hope that people wake up and realize that they need to look at candidates voting history and not just their popularity to get this country back on track.

18. Chris Beringer

As far as additional videos go, you should post every time Ron Paul questioned a Fed Chairman. It’s very interesting to note that Ron Paul was worried about an inflationay bubble back in July and warned Ben Bernake about it. Of course, he wasn’t listened to, but if you track the things that Ron Paul feared happened, happened (gas prices out of control, food prices out of control and a worthless dollar). Unlike most policy makers who wait for problems to happen and then address them, Ron Paul anticipates them and tries to solve them before they get out of control.

If they don’t post them here, they are easy to find on You Tube. Just type Ron Paul / Ben Bernake and those videos pop right up.

19. hey ron paul please stay in the race for president because my grampa really votes for you

20. Please stay in the race Ron Paul we cannot have these other candidates win the white house. We need a fresh view on how politics are done. We need people to understand that taxes take away money from themselves and the war effort is just dragging and hurting our economy. People need to understand if we pull out of the war, the world will not come to a conclusion. Please more visible so that people can see your serious about being in the presidential race. Have a great day

• The only good man in politics.

• When will we see Ron Paul for the Senate? Your true conservative voice would serve Texas well in the Senate. I’m afraid your colleagues who currently hold the office are “more of the same” and don’t really understand conservatism. Our government needs balance and it seems that we only get intolerance from most of the Republican Party these last many years. I’m sure the gold standard and no IRS won’t occur while I’m alive, but someone needs to be pounding a desk with those ideals where it can be heard! Not to marginalize the Congress, but 1 of 100 can be heard where I think your voice is being lost in the growing sea of the House.
      Kay Bailey Hutchison says she is stepping down in October or November…