Who Is Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is America’s leading voice for liberty, prosperity and peace. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives and three-time presidential candidate, Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Ron Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president. During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he returned to his medical practice.

Ron Paul went back to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and eventually became Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continued to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

• Ron Paul never voted to raise taxes.
  • Ron Paul never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • Ron Paul never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • Ron Paul never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • Ron Paul never taken a government-paid junket.
  • Ron Paul never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.
  • Ron Paul voted against regulating the Internet.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war.
  • Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

15,789 Comments:

1. Dr. Paul,

Thank you for showing the me that America does have a chance. Please continue your race, I will surely vote for you. If not this year then in 4 more years. I trust you will restore America to her true form.

2. I sure wish more people would of listened to Ron Paul! We can no longer be the World Police and World Financier! We need to get rid of all the damn foreign aid and get rid of the welefare state! Ron Paul is so right! He is the man we need for this hour but unfortunately not enough people heard the message because if they did Ron Paul would be Republician nominee not Mcain!!!

3. Steve Bernasconi

Dr. Paul,
    You are a true American who is awakening the public of the true importance of peace, liberty and freedom. Your sound understanding of the American economy (monetary system), non-interventionist philosophy, and being a true constitutionalist is why I voted for you and will always vote for you. Thank you for being an American hero.
    RON PAUL SUPPORTERS... please write him in during the general election! I know many people who were Ron Paul supporters and now are voting for Obama (which I do believe is much better than McCain). So I understand why, but please do not do this...vote RON PAUL. Write him in and make your voices heard! This is the ground work for our future. Ron Paul is the creator and founder of this ever important rEVOLution, but he is old and we need politicians to follow is footsteps. We must keep this grassroots support up, show up on election day!
    WRITE RON PAUL IN.......THE GENERAL ELECTION!!!!

4. Ron Paul is maybe one of the few politicians that actually has common sense, and respect a little thing called Constitution...

...I am not American, in fact, i'm mexican, and let me tell you all something: At least, America have a huge record fighting for freedom and civil liberties, small federal power, etc...

In the other hand, Mexico, and most of Hispanic American nations, are most of the time, nanny state big goverment nightmares

We need a hispanic Ron Paul to stand against those socialist weasels like Chavez or Castro...Ron Pablo? XD

5. Thank God Ron Paul is out. John McCain doesn't stand a chance. Bush messed up our country so bad, it will be a miracle to repair it. Fricken republicans....bunch of conservative bastards. However, with Obama in office, I know he can get the job done. But thanks for dropping out Ron. You did the right thing :)

• Obama get the job done.......hmmm......sure he'll get the job done! He's getting the job done! More proposals to increase taxes and spending, more initiatives in favor of a stronger welfare state, and more DEFICITS, bigger than George Bush could even imagine! Obama makes Bush look like a budget hawk! Yep, OBAMA IS GETTING THE JOB DONE ALL RIGHT! When you are hungry in this depression he is leading us into, eat your "change."

P.S. Maybe you should "drop out" of this website. You would be doing the right thing......

6. RFS, British Columbia

I am a Canadian, but my friends and I have always taken an avid interest in American politics. I admit that when I first started looking up the candidates I instinctively went for McCain since he was the main right wing candidate. However, I have since done a great deal of research and talked to many people on the topic, and it is obvious to me that Ron Paul is by far the best choice. He will save and improve the American economy and historically the American economy has been closely tied to the Canadian economy. Not only that but he will restore the civil liberties that America was built on. so even though I can't vote, I urge all who can to vote for Ron Paul in '08.

• How about Canadians mind their own politics and we will mind ours. Being a libertarian is also about countries staying out of other countries domestic affairs. We can all thank you for your support of Ron Paul when you become an American citizen.

• Part of being an intelligent, aware individual is being aware of and taking an interest in politics outside of your own country. Refrain from posting any more asinine comments.

• I won't get into a message war with a Canadian about AMERICAN politics (THIS would be asinine), so I'll just say to all AMERICANS that there is a difference between being "aware of and taking and interest in politics outside of your own country" and "urging all people to vote" for an individual in someone ELSE's country. (One of our Canadian friends cannot seem to differentiate) While I love that folks love our guy Ron Paul, other nation's domestic political campaigns should NOT be the business of the United States and vice versa. The United States entering into another nation's political process is the exact kind of thing Ron Paul has openly fought against and this is a two way street. Others nation's citizens should stay out of ours. But I guess this is what America gets....the U.S. has stuck its head into so may other nation's affairs that now any lughead from Canada who has done "a great deal of research" :-) feels they have a duty comment on our needs that should be "restored" or whatever. So it is somewhat America's fault, we have helped to create these nit wits. In an odd way, I am sort of glad they exist though...they remind me and others that Canada still exists up there. I always forget about them...

• Is the name calling and stereotyping necessary? It's childish and doesn't do much for your credibility. I am a Canadian and I HAVE done “a great deal of research” on US politics. In fact, it has consumed the better part of these past 3 years for me. I am in the process of getting dual citizenship JUST so my support for Ron may have more of an impact.

I am also not a "Lughead" because I was born on a chunk of land a little further north than you. You need to stop seeing people as groups my friend. I check this website everyday along with about 10 other sites that support the same causes. The reason us Canadians are concerned is because the economy of the US directly affects our economy.

Our country is also becoming increasingly more deindustrialized and unemployed. In fact, my wife and I have both lost our jobs and were forced to sell our home. I will not sit back and let this North American Union rob us of our civil liberties and freedoms. We are just as in this as you are my friend. Mexico too.

You may see us as your insignificant little sister country that wishes we could someday be as wonderful as your country, but we are people. Our mothers loves us. We love them back.

I see America as the country it once was though. America was once a country that the whole world admired. Now it is hated and seen as bullies, that want to take over the world. It is the tyranny of this big government. Sometimes an outsider has a better perspective on things. End the Fed!

• Okie Doke.

7. Dr. Paul,

You've got my vote. I've heard of you and heard of you, and finally I decided to check you out. I'm very impressed with what I've read and you seem like what this country needs. Aside from a good kick in the ass, that is. I do hope people will learn more about you and keep you in the runnings. You will definitely have my vote and I will do everything I can to get my friends and family to vote for you as well.

John Hancock

8. Even though Ron Paul dropped out of the race, don't forget you can write him in! Keep the hope alive and make sure your vote counts!

9. This is taking on a "Who is John Galt" Ayn Rand sort of feel. The nation is starving for true leadership and fresh ideas that reflect American values and the Constitution. If nothing else happens this elections cycle perhaps this will be a wake up call for the two party system. Carry the message, change Washington back to a government of the people by the people and FOR the people.

10. Ron Paul is a HERO of the first magnatude. He is a Man with Conviction, Integrity and Honor, steadfast in his views! He speaks the Truth and has no need to flip flop on the issues and his voting record is second to none. His positions are clear. It is his party that has abandoned the Principles of our Founding Fathers. Beware the Dark Horse.... the Revolution is as strong as ever! I will take the first bullet for him!

11. I'll write Ron Paul in. I refuse to vote for a Democrat and McCain isn't much better than Osama.

12. Ron,
    I know you said once that " the repulican party has lost its way" of what it means to be repulican. I tend to agree, this is why I think you should run Independent if the repulican party in general won't give the support you need. Then show them what a libertarian can do and run idependant! A large amount of people don't care for Mccain or Obama so much. This is another good reason to run and give them that other option! Go Ron Paul!

13. Mr. Paul,

As a resident of Jackson, Michigan one notice signs that proudly state, " Birth Place of the Republican Party." Last President election the majority of of the residents of Jackson voted Democrat.
    If the birth place of the Republican party lost faith then a drastic change in the party is needed, Mr. McCann is not that person who wants to make those changes nor is he capable. He will loose if the GOP, and big government go forward with their plans. Unfortunatly the biggest losses will be in our country for people like myself who have fought and in some cases died for the principal of the freedoms you speak. Don't give up if the GOP fails, the world, including the birth place of the Republican Party are behind you.

14. Ron Paul, Please re-launch your campaign and show these politicians what America really needs! We need our freedom back, and the sooner they realize that the sooner our problems will be faced. I belive you could lead that revolution into prosperity!

15. Dr. Paul, as a fellow constituent I beg and urge you to PLEASE run in the general election as an independent and make an announcement accordingly ASAP to your supporters asking them to ramp up the fight for freedom for 2008. You can win. I hear people all of the time say they don't like either of the two candidates and they're now trying to figure out whom else they can vote for. There's lots of time and your supporters will work hard to raise money and gain new voters. We need you to lead and to let us know via message to supporters that you're going all of the way!

THANKS!

16. I'm very upset that I've been kept ignorant in regards to Dr. Ron Paul!

This guy is incredible, I've never been this pissed off and excited about an election before.

How dare our corrupt media! How dare they unfairly broadcast Dr. Paul.

I say we make them pay.

Not violently mind you, but we should find a way to destroy them for there crimes against the american people.

I refuse to turn the other cheek while they continue to brainwash my fellow americans!

I refuse!

17. Cassandra Bachrach

Calling all Ron Paul supporters!

Let’s start today…RIGHT NOW…to persuade as many people as possible to WRITE IN Ron Paul’s name on the November ballot. Our goal, in short, will be for Ron Paul to win the popular vote for U.S. President.

A wise person once said that if you want something badly enough, you can find a way to make it happen.

IT CAN HAPPEN.

WRITE IN RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT IN ‘08!!
    Winner of the vote of THE PEOPLE.

Cassandra
    bk2nchr@hotmail.com

18. Dr. Paul,
    I think you should continue your march on Washington as an Independent candidate. You and Jesse Ventura would be my ideal ticket. Who was on watch when our country was taken from us? Why is "We the People" their favorite punchline? My eyes have been opened and I am awake. Run and wake the sleeping giant. There is still hope. God bless.

19. Dr. Ron Paul is the true representative of American People. He understand the real problems what we all face; illegal invasion, not immigration, purposefull ruining our money trough inflation. They want to "prepare our children for the future jobs". What jobs..? You call a company for help to solve a problem , you get an answer from India., and our people can not find a job here in the United States.
    Please Dr. Paul fight for us. Thank you.

20. Dear Ron Paul,

You are hope for america. You will make dreams reality. You will restore the constitution. You will stop torture in Guantanamo Bay. You will save our troops. You will make our government trustworthy again. You will make this country a true democracy like our founding fathers wanted it to be. You will make a better future for us and our children. I ask that you do whatever it takes to become president. If you are not elected president than there is no hope for people like me and we will have to move to a better nation.