Who Is Ron Paul?

1775 Responses

Ron Paul is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution. In the words of former Treasury Secretary William Simon, Dr. Paul is the “one exception to the Gang of 535″ on Capitol Hill.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president.

During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he voluntarily relinquished his House seat and returned to his medical practice.

Dr. Paul returned to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continues to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

Ron Paul’s consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, “Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers’ ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.” Another colleague observed, “There are few people in public life who, through thick and thin, rain or shine, stick to their principles. Ron Paul is one of those few.”

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

• He has never voted to raise taxes.
  • He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • He has never taken a government-paid junket.
  • He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • He voted against the Patriot Act.
  • He voted against regulating the Internet.
  • He voted against the Iraq war.
  • He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
  • He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

1,775 responses to “Who Is Ron Paul?”

1. John Parker

Is it me, or does RP’s ideas seem like they would usher in the Americo.?.
    For those who don’t know, Bush1 entered the idea of a mirrored currency for North America that resembles the Euro….

Who has the answer without saying, “I think” type answers… I’m looking for reality, how does Ron plan on fixing the money issue? You can’t just make the dollar worth more because those who have billions will be rediculous.. The currency would have to change becaues the dollor stands for worth of “nothing”…. It’s been over printed, so what;s the dollars replacement?

1. Angel of Misrule

He wants to put us back on the GOLD Standard. We had been on it till Nixon took us off of it.

2. Matt

Hi All~ Honest question for the RP supporters. I’m looking at the field and, admittedly, I’m a frustrated Democrat looking for some REAL change I can believe in. I’ve been reading a lot about Ron Paul, watching the videos, etc, and I like what I see. I’ve ordered his most two recent books and can’t wait to delve in.

In the meantime… can you RP veterans tell me why he classifies himself as a Republican? (and is there anything he has written / any video of him explaining this?) His social policies seem to be Liberal, his economic policies Conservative. Sounds good to me… but I’ve been voting D since I could vote. He seems Libertarian to me. Is it just simply that there are two (viable) parties and he needed to pick one?

Honest question from a guy who is very interested. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

1. Jim

I believe he ran libertarian the last time. My understanding of why he is republican now is because, from what I understand, he gains access to things that would otherwise be withheld from him as far as campaigning. I think that to get invited to any of the debates etc, you have to be running for either dem or repub.

Hope that helps.

1. Matt

That does make sense. I’ve been such a staunch Democrat in the past that this is a departure for me. I like all that I’ve read so far. I don’t have to agree with everything… but really, I’m just sick and tired of EVERYONE in Washington. Both sides. That said, I disagree with 99% of the social values in the Tea Party. I’m also confused by their economic rhetoric. They all seem like lunatics to me. Really just more of the same. Not what I’m looking for at all.

Well… hopefully there’s room for a washed up Democrat in the RP grass roots effort.

Thanks Jim. Appreciate your response!

1. Ken

Hey Matt,

Just curious….the 99% of social values you disagree with, did you read them off a tea party website or hear them from a 3rd party who is afraid of the Tea Party?

2. Ken

Hey Jim,

He ran Libertarian years ago….last election he ran Republican.

2. Brandy

Jim, you are correct. He did run as a libertarian in the past. His ideology falls square in line with libertarian values – fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and a firm defender of the United States Constitution. And with all of this, he’s an honest politician whose character and integrity can never, ever be called into question. There may be some things with which I don’t always agree with the good doctor, and that’s just human nature. No more, no less. What fills that very small void is that he is honest. The man is simply honest. Period. If you’ve researched his voting record, his writings, videos from 20 years ago, his beliefs remain consistent, as does his defense of liberty. He has more integrity than most people I know, not to mention most politicians in D.C. He is a man of principle and his character is unwavering. In my opinion, these qualities demand respect …. and likewise strong consideration as the next president. And did I mention that he’s a genius? Keep digging … . You’ll see.

Democrat v. Republican is a load of crap. We are all American citizens, and for the most part, likely agree on at least one point or another irregardless of party affiliation. Party affiliation is nothing more than a mechanism to divide us. It’s worked for a long time, but people are coming around. you give me hope, Matt. Thank you.

p.s. don’t think i answered your question – he ran as a republican because he understands that by doing so is the only way he has a fighting chance, When’s the last time a third party candidate was elected president of the U.S.? And please please please, always double check any negative media reports that may begin to flow about Dr. Paul from this point forward. The mainstream is beginning to flood negative publicity about Dr. Paul, and taking his message/quotes completly out of context. Ok, I’m done. Welcome again. I hope you’ll help spread Dr. Paul’s message of freedom and liberty.

3. Ken

Hey Matt, welcome to the Revolution!!

Actually, There is a video out there in which he explains that he is a real republican and the others are not. That a real republican believes the way he does and that the party got off track years ago.

I think I watched it on YouTube but cant remember the exact name.

3. John Parker

DO THE CANDIDATES NOT CARE ABOUT THE MAJORITY (west of Mississippi) OF THE U.S.A?

4. John Parker

Democrats, Republicans!

Hatfields, Mcoys!

Blacks, Whites!

Absolutely no difference. Racism is the same. There should be no identifying parties for GOVERNMENT!
    All it breeds is ignorance and childish, elementry school bullshit that carries over from Highschool!
    One voted for a democrat just because of the party affiliation. Same goes for Republicans…. And it is NO different if a black votes for a black because he’s black or a white votes for a white, ect..
    I am a Ron Paul supprter, but nothing will be done as long as politics is trated as an immature college rivalry!
    My party’s better than yours!…. Nuhuh! Mines better be cause I’m a prat of it!…….
    I think the people need to make a run on the capitol of U.S. and each state. Restart with fresh middle class folks who understnad some things and build from their……
    Money havers are always going to find a way to enslave the working class. They make us feel like we have just enough freedom to keep us drunk on weekends to numb the ass rape, then they go on a private vacation to some beach some where.
    We are the slaves of many, why don’t we stand up to the minority of the wealthy and powerful…
    It’s like no body has seen and movie or read any history about how 300,000,000 can easily out power a few billionares!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

1. John Parker

But no, Americans are fat and lazy and we get what we want out of voting! I can prove it, look, we vote and get what we want…….. NO??

I must be confused?

I thought we were a nation of revolutionaries who stand for their freedoms. Who fight for our liberties?
      I thought that’s what I did in the military?
      Oh that’s right, we were told to do as told, fight for foreign rights and freedoms and liberties. We have none. We forgot how to tell congress what’s up…. it’s time for political warfare!
      Or, am I alone?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

5. James

Both political side’s should unite and agree that the “Federal Reserve” private banking system is the source of all political and economic corruption.

End the Federal Reserve and we all win!

1. Apryl

I think that the best bet for the Ron Paul 2012 VP candidate is Dennis Kucinich!! They both seem to base their decisions strictly off of the Constitution rather thanwhat the corporations/banks say. It would also show bi-partisanship to the American public!! (republican/democrat ticket) They are the only 2 trustworthy politicians in Washington & they have alot of the same ideals! (audit the FED!!!) Paul/ Kucinich 2012!!!

6. Steve

Dear Ron Paul, The O’Reilly Factor last night with Dick Morris, Bill and Dick both said that you were scared to come on the No Spin Zone due to the question that Bill O’Reilly would ask.

You must go on this show and shut them up. Neither one of these guys like or respect you. You need to change this and embarrass them as they are trying to drag you in the mud. There are too many people that listen to every word that Bill O’Reilly says and believes what he says. This is your time to shine, let these people hear YOU and not Bill O’Reilly.

Ron Paul 2012, In Liberty from the Pacific Northwest

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

7. Lawrence Ekdahl

I like Ron Paul and will vote for him if given a chance; but he is not one of the inner sanctum of good old boys and the powers that be will not allow him to be nominated. If for any reason he somehow was able to get nominated he would be crucified by both the republican and democrat powers that be. They will not allow another Ronald Reagan to be president.

1. Not True

Not true.. If people get out and vote, he will be president. All of this online support is great but action has to be taken before it will happen.. I believe a good majority are going to do just that. I know I am.. not only have I given money repeatedly but I also own an advertising company and he’ll get all the help I can give there as well, for free.

Ron Paul 2012 for Liberty and actual change.

8. Brian Drake

I hope we get him in office. Hopefully Americans are not duped by the other canidates deceitful messages.
    I believe in alot of what he is saying, but we need Congress and the Supreame court to vote these reasonable ideas into law. However will that happen????
    I`am voting for Ron Paul!

9. Bryan

I just want to say that for the first time in my life i feel there is someone who wants to help America as a whole and not just themselves. I believe that person is Ron Paul. I myself have always voted democrat in the state of Illinois where i reside but if he gets the nomination for the first time i will vote republican. I believe in you,and what you stand for Ron Paul.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

1. Ken

Brian,

I know this would be scary but you really need to switch to Republican and vote in the primaries.

That is the way to ensure that Dr. Paul makes it into office and America gets back on track.

10. Issa

Dr. Ron Paul

I would like to wish you all the best for next years elections… however, I would like to warn you on possible destructions to your campaign and soul. There is a great chance (if you become president) that you will be assasinated like the great JFK, there is also a great chance that someone will come to you and make you an offer that you cannot refuse.

My advice to you is do not let money or power corrupt your mind like Obama, do not become a puppet, and stand by what you believe! Finally, if you do not believe any of the things I have written believe this… The price of your sacrifice will do you well in the after life.

11. kabster

I’m sure this is known but I thought I’d share it. http://news.yahoo.com/september-superbomb-announced-ron-paul-super-pac-103011527.html

12. Mitchell

I’ve voted democrat all my life & I’m voting for Ron Paul. I’ve never sent money to anyone’s campaign, but I donated to his money bomb campaign. I’d love to see him wipe the smugness off the faces of his opposition by winning the election by a landslide! Since I discovered Ron Paul (no thanks to the media), I’ve actually found myself feeling giddy about politics, excited about the the prospect of having leadership in the White House that actually speaks for me personally and gives a voice of reason to the frustrations so many of us have had for so very long.

I happen to appreciate the fact that, while he may not be a smooth talker, he doesn’t shy away from barely concealed ridicule or even blatant insults. He squashes them with his amazing knowledge and intellect and seems to school everyone on the facts. But Dr. Paul himself never acts with smugness or even takes the bait when he is given opportunities to be insulting to someone else. He has humility and sensibility, but it takes guts to year after year, term after term continue to hammer out his message. He hears the giggles and laughter in the background and sees the rolling eyes, yet he never backs down from what he believes in – that shows incredible courage and strength of character!

I don’t believe that President Paul would shy away from war if there was a “clear and present danger” and if war was declared in a constitutional manner. I got so pissed at the prior Bush administration and how they ran roughshod over the Constitution and the laws of our land like they were above it all and could do whatever they wanted – and they did! And even worse, we let them.

And since when did we become a country that condones the torture of prisoners? It saddened me to see our great country turning a blind eye to the same kind of deplorable treatment we have always condemned in other countries. We were only proving those prisoners right in believing that we are evil and whatever hatred they had for us was increased 100 fold. I always thought we strive to be better than that. Dr. Paul reminds me that indeed, we still are.

I’m not religious, but I liken him to David standing alone in front of Goliath with everyone laughing, “Silly little man, you can’t slay the giant!” But I believe he can and I hope with all my heart I get to see him do it. Keep on rockin’ in the free world Ron Paul!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 40 Thumb down 0

13. John Parker

Hey, what do you think?

Just a random unorganized thought….. what do you think?

I’m not going to disagree with you but I want to point something out:
    The bail out for the “failling banks and companies” was roughly $600billion.
    If we looked at the 300million Americans who live in America (that includes non working age children and elderly) and exaggerated the unemployment rate to 25%, that would mean 75,000,000 (seventy-five million) people are on welfare or qualified.
    At an avrage of $600 per month on food stamps, America gives to the welfare of folks, whether you feel they can work or not, every year that’s about 38.4billion…
    Well, I agree that’s alot, but if you compare the fact that your tax dollars are going to helping others survive to the fact that $600 BILLION went to multi million/billionares to help their “failling” corporations that they screwed up. Then you would see that the media and the Gov’t have you preoccupied with your nieghbors instead of their agendas for making money and unconstitutional policies!!
    38.4billion in comparison to 600,000,000,000:
    $3.84-$60
    $32-$600
    $320-$6000
    $3200-$60,000
    $32,000-$600,000
    $320,000-$6,000,000
    Are you geting the picture? Even if everyone of the 25% of our 300,000,000 person population (kids and elderly) were on individual (not family) welfare at $600 per month, the government still only gives just over 2% (2 percent) of what they are willing to give multi-BILLION dollar companies!
    Seriously people, I know you’re gonna come back with the, “well it’s baby factories and meth addicts (getting maybe $600per month) and that’s too much!”
    WELL, THE MULTI BILLION DOLLAR COMPANIES are taking a hell of alot more, almost 200% more…. In reality, meth heads and baby factories are doing less to dectroy this nation than our political leaders and elite that you are defending, by ignoring the fact they stole $600,000,000,000 compared to 38,400,000,000 from the exaggerated welfare amount I created by 25% of the national whole population…

To stop waste, get the waste out. Stop blaming eachother and come together until we get back on track. Then, when we have the correct people in office, you can talk down, or whatevery you want to eachother. The Gov’t wants us turning on eachother, that’s how they win, because we are too busy not watching them!

(Math might not be perfect but the thought might be)

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

1. John Parker

Sorry about the typo’s, guess I should’ve checked after I wrote about my math..haha….
      Change the “32′s” to 38′s
      Darn it!

2. Eric Heth

Finally someone said what I have been feeling all along! Why can’t anyone else see this?!

14. Matt Tobin

Ron Paul For The Long Haul!!
    Help Fix America, Help Fix The World.

Vote For Ron Paul!!

If Paul Doesn’t Win, Our Country Is Going To Go Down The Drain.

1. John Parker

He has my vote, but I hope he has a “mini-me” for his potential VP… DR. Paul is almost 80!
      You know when he wins, the elite probably JFK him and blame his death on age.

15. Great Work Dr Ron Paul ! ! !
  16. Uncommon sense

Well, if the roof on your house is leaking, you have to spend money to fix it. Just paying the minimum on your credit cards is also stupid – you might have to take another job to make more money to fix these problems. For a government, that sometimes means raising taxes to pay down some debt and fix problems. You will lose your house by having it fall down around you if you only pay the mortgage and not the property tax or upkeep or maintenance. Just cutting and cutting spending cannot solve the fiscal problems – in the short term you may have to pay a bit more tax until you are back on track.
    Ron has a chance because the other Republicans are worse than the Democrats.

17. mark

1111

18. Margaret

Best Wishes to you Dr. Paul.
    You are a refreshing site and voice on the political scene.
    Thank you for all the years of service and for being faithful
    to your values of decency.
    Please know that I and many others are praying for your success.
    I’m not too sure I want to see the Feds demise, but I sure do want it changed.

Go with confidence into battle, Dr. knowing God is at your side and will give you the right words if you just but ask. May He bless you mightily.

19. Brown

To Ron Paul and Campaign Managers – Please Read.

I am a Ron Paul supporter. However, as you all know the media constantly ignores Ron Paul and portrays him as a radical. Who is to blame?

I am sorry to say, but unfortunatey Ron Paul has earned that reputation and that means that no chances to see Ron Paul elected in his lifetime.What is the problem? Politicians cannot be that sincere. You can’t go out there stating “End the Fed”, “End the Department of Education”, “Legalize Marijuana” even if that is the right thing to do. Not only that scares the large establishment and place them in a reactive and fighting mode, including head of corporations and banks and lot of powerful people, but it also it would never be understood by a number of regular citizens anyway. Instead, as a good politician one should simply state “Reform the Fed”, “Improve the Department of Education”. Then yes, once you win it, let’s work to exterminate those. But you can never say it. Since when you have seen Obama for example stating he wants to distribute wealth? He made a mistake and said that once, but that was it. We feel and see what he wants to do, but he never says it openly. What surprises me is that even Rick Perry has embraced the idea of suggesting Ben Bernake is a traitor. I am disappointed. As a good politician, you should not say such things if you and I know it is right. The price we will pay is that neither Ron Paul nor Rick Perry if he continues this way would be electable.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 17

1. Atchley

I completely disagree. If anything Ron Paul holds back. He simply and accurately describes the problems and offers the solutions. A lot like our 3rd President, Jefferson did. And to say the this will upset the establishment and send them into fighting mode…..they’ve been in fighting mode from the beginning. They have slowly taken more control over our lives by buying politicians to use the force of legislation and government to implement policies and laws favorable to their interests that undermine Liberty and Prosperity for all!
      To say that “regular citizens” wouldn’t be able to understand what he’s saying is both insulting and ridiculous! The message is simple “LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE” whether they be individuals or countries. Apply this principle across the board, on every issue and peace and prosperity will be the natural and inevitable result.
      Ron Paul’s biggest problem is the fact that the media won’t cover him and any mention he gets in the news is carefully constructed to undermine his credibility, because his message resonates with the people and if it gets out the establishment would start to crumble. Don’t fall for the bullshit being force fed to us by the evening news. Get a spine, educate everyone around and tell them to take a look at Ron Paul before they file into the voting booth like cattle and cast their vote for the corporate sponsored/owned candidate of the day!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 25 Thumb down 1

1. Brown

On this website alone there are headlines about “Ending the Fed”. It is all over the place videos from Mr Paul constantly calling to end the Fed and many times repeating calls to bring the troops home. Engaging in excessivelly controversial topics like the specific raid to kill Osama Bin Laden. Evidently, Obama got very lucky on that one and personally I WOULD NOT NEVER HAVE ORDERED that myself. Yes, I would rather risk to use questionable Pakistani cooperation myself than risking being caught by the Pakistani army stationed 1km from there. Ron Paul is right. Problem:I do not believe a potician can be that straightforward about it. You need to pick your words carefully, then once you are in office, like Obama does, you deliver solutions you believe are right. In the case of Obama those are mainly negative solutions though.

You have to understand that the big government system we are in, as Ron Paul well knows, has been established now for decades. Back to Jefferson’s time, I am sure people did not have that big government idea already as part of their lives.

My point is that we need a politician who can deliver these messages in a gradual, candid format which can appeal to more people so that we have more chances to win an election. It is great to see Ron Paul spreading freedom ideals and that likely may the precursor for a major party or president in the future. However, I sincerely believe if that was not the main goal. Our goal should be to win this election.

20. MrDrawingguy

New Ron Paul animation is now out!… :)

21. Andre

Ron do you want to win

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. No Tenure / No Pension.
    A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
    All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 45 Thumb down 0

22. Spelter

Dr Paul, you are the best qualified among this bunch to be the nominee but you have to act the role of the leader and take charge of the debates like Reagan did. Define the others as the big-government Republicans that they really are. You are the senior among them, put them in their place like you did Santorum in the Iowa debates. As for the media, use their condescension to your advantage and turn it back on them. Go for it with passion. All the best.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 0

23. Bob Henderson

I don’t have very much money, and I struggle everyday to make ends meet, but I will send him a money gift because I think this man is clearly the second Father of our Country. I will help as best I can. I say a prayer every night for him and his family. I would like to know if there is anyone else that comes to tears every time this man speaks of our problems in this Country and what he perceives to do about it. I am 60 years old, and every time I listen to this great man, I actually start crying. I hope to dear God he gets in. I am certainly voting for him, and so is my wife. God Bless you and keep you Mr. Paul…

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 1

24. Steve

Remember this Saturday, August 20th., is Dr Paul birthday. The best present to give him would be a nice donation to his campaign. Happy Birthday Ron.

25. david devore

Can you imagine a Rick Perry “audit” of the Fed? Can you say “Warren Commision?”

26. sam day

the tshirts are extremely overpriced @31 dollars. Similar shirts available on ronpaul2012.com for almost half the price @ 18 bucks.

Although i love the site, just not your prices!!!

27. gene lerner

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property – until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson,1802

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 0

28. John Parker

Hello friends. My name is John Parker Jr.. Born in Tenmile, Or. 1979.. In 2012 I will be running for office in the Oregon House of Representatives distric 1 (SW Oregon). I’m wantng to learn what others are wanting from this state, I believe I know what is wanted but I want actual input.
    I was raised by a lumber mill worker and convenience store employee. I went to Douglas Highschool and enlisted in the Air Force (’98-02). I have some college (Criminal Justice/EMT/CNA/Psych.) and am a disabled veteran..
    I’m a supporter of medical marijuana, hunting&fishing, 4X4ing, less gov’t control and getting big cities out of our business. Let Portland worry about Portland because we do things differently. We don’t have the smog, traffic, the city mentality, ect. We are mostly country compared to Northern Oregon and laws made for the big city aren’t always best for rural Oregon…

There’s a old nickle mine, who plant can still melt/refine/recycle steel here in Douglas County and why it’s not being operated to do such, and employing hundreds, can only be explained as some buracratic BS.

There are copper mines in Southern Oregon that could bring employment, but again, elected officials are told to not help start them up…. Elected officials are told what?

Digesters aren’t being introduced to landfills in Oregon because they don’t make them in the USA yet? Are you kidding me? Who caes where they are made(Sweeden or something)! The not only reduce the landfill and produce energy but they also don’t create ANY polutants! -Free energy, less polution and smaller landfills. You also seperate the metals, plastics and other nonbio items and can recycle 80% of that stuff, which in turn creats jobs.

Anyone looking for more info, contact me @ jparker5521@live.com or message me here on Facebook©.
    I’m a real person, never had more than $30,000 in my account. Lived in a double wide for 18yrs, have two sons and an ex-wife. I’m not a land owner but my family does.

One more point I’d like to make for the single fathers out there, I strongly believe that the custody laws need changed. With the understanding that there are some reasons people should not be awarded custody (father and mother) automatic default to Joint custody should be a states stance. NO, a mother isn’t always the best to raise a child and the father isn’t the only one who can work! Instead of fighting for custody the parents should be forced to get along (unless there are serious conditions) for the childrens sake, and child support should be handled better. One parent shouldn’t get money just because they don’t want to work! One parent shouldn’t have to lose custody because of old ideas. And when either party calls the support division they should get the same help.
    I support Ron Paul!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

1. Betty Lou

Good Job, there should be more people like you to help their States, county or district!! Go Oregon!!!

29. Lumpy

I think Ron Paul is a great presidential prospect, except for his apparent desire to abridge women’s reproductive rights, and end Roe vs Wade. Don’t really care what he’s experienced as physician. Until he’s been a raped, pregnant, penniless woman (not likely, I’d guess…), he’s in no position to judge. Conception is a miracle, indeed. And yes… life is sacred. But “autonomy” doesn’t occur, until a baby is separate for it’s mother’s body. “Liberty for America” includes “Liberty for Women”. Period.

If not for this one issue, I’d vote for him.

And, yeah… it’s a man who’s writing this.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 11

1. Josh

Listen buddy, you cant say no to a man who has 99% of everything right over 1 issue. The man u will put in his place may let you abort babies, but how else will he attack ur liberties, raise your taxes, and expand the power of the Executive Branch even further beyond its realm?

If you know anything about Ron Paul, he may be against Abortion, but he would leave the law up to each State government to decide. He wouldnt interfere. He believes in the 10th amendment.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1

2. Jeremy

If a woman is pregnant and gets hit by a drunk driver and the baby dies, the drunk driver can be convicted of murder. If a physician gives a medication to a woman while she is pregnant that harms the baby inside her, the doctor can be sued. If a woman has a premature baby at home and puts it in the garbage to die, its murder. If a woman pays a physician to remove the baby from her and put it in a bin to die, its profitable to the physician and the woman isn’t killing anyone. Does any of this make any sense? If a woman is raped, she should take the morning after pill as quickly as possible. That would be the best case scenario. I do feel bad for people that get raped and maybe have the child while being held hostage or become very pregnant during being held hostage to the point where it’s too late to even have that option, but that is a pretty rare scenario if you were to look at the facts and statistics. I also think that it is ok to have the abortion if the pregnancy genuinely could kill or seriously injure the mother like in a tubal pregnancy or somthing like that. The problem is that women are having abortions just because they don’t feel like dealing with the kids, they don’t have the money, etc when they should have been responsible in the first place and not had sex unprotected. That is unacceptable. Maybe instead of funding abortions, we should fund having peoples tubes tied so that they can go ho around all they want and not be getting pregnant and killing babies in the womb. You can’t tell me that a fetus that has a heart beat at 18 days in the womb is not a living person. If you crack an egg and a baby chicken is inside, it’s a baby chicken that would have grown into an adult chicken if given time. People have taken this and twisted it to be that the baby isn’t alive until it has the umbilical cord cut from its mother. Sad and disgusting.

3. Ken

Actually Lumpy he would leave it up to each state to decide which means that if the state you live in has abortion illegal you can go/move to a state that doesn’t.

I personally don’t agree with abortion but, like Dr. Paul, I refuse to tell others what they can or cannot do.

Please, don’t let one issue stop you from voting for this great and honest man.

30. judd

yes now thats real change im so excited we can win we can defeat the obama zombies

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 2

31. david devore

Q. Why is the media so intrasigent about Ron Paul?

A. My uncle, who was a very good man was a long time friend and employee of George Herbert Walker Bush. Even though he was an oil and gas title attorney his first assignment when Bush, Sr. retired was to arrange for the purchase of newspapers and newspaper chains. It is not rocket sciece to see they may have gotten others to do the same thing for Radio, Television and Magazines. Lately they have been purchasing the routers that enable the internet. There is no free speech left in America except on the internet, which may disappear soon. Fight back now. Don’t put up with the false stonewalling. Listen to infowars.com.

Search “Ron Paul explodes” and see what happens!!!

Ron Paul for President.

32. David Soule

Finally… a man has arrived who wants to stop the run-away madness, and is honest and capable. It’s been a long time coming and my fears were it would never happen in my lifetime. If we let this opportunity slip through our fingers… then we deserve what happens to this once great country. We need to speak out and support Ron Paul with everything we have. The price is way too high not to. Be part of this historic revolution… the opportunity is an honor! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Doctor Paul! You’ll have a “Money Bomb” coming on the 20th.

33. BJ Peppers

Wake up America. Vote Ron Paul 2012

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

34. Stacy Brown
  35. Simpson

Ron Paul is the only one who can save America and bring it back to prosperity. He needs to be elected in 2012. Spread the word guys, and make your votes count!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1