Who Is Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is America’s leading voice for liberty, prosperity and peace. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives and three-time presidential candidate, Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Ron Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president. During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he returned to his medical practice.

Ron Paul went back to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and eventually became Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continued to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

• Ron Paul never voted to raise taxes.
  • Ron Paul never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • Ron Paul never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • Ron Paul never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • Ron Paul never taken a government-paid junket.
  • Ron Paul never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.
  • Ron Paul voted against regulating the Internet.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war.
  • Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

• ALBERT ALBERTS

AMERICA BECOMING SORT OF A “SWITZERLAND” THEN. I GET IT!

I THINK I GET IT: under the now virtual Presidency of drs. Ron or Rand Paul -personally I want the “old” one first- , America will transform to sort of a SWITZERLAND! Retreat from wars and overseas bases, just concentrates on defending her own borders and airspace, puts her money back on gold standard (like Switzerland will have forever), abolishes the partly offshore FED-cartel that drags the Confederacy into all these wars and finances the opponents at the same time, deletes the war-on-drugs, the US does not need all that paranoid spying via de CIA (and alleged drug-import) anymore, yes, it easy to abolish the IRS and the income tax then, the separate States become more or less independent “cantons”, in fact U don’t need a standing army anymore, just check on incoming missiles and submarines, and shoot those in the event of, you don’t make any pre-emptive strikes yourself and suppose nations in the Middle East start bombing each other, none of the US-business,etc.etc.

Initial problem is:

Where will all this discharged former “Big Government”/officials/military go?A large fraction retires and lives happily ever after. And I predict that with this gigantic relief of stress and paranoia just like after WW-2, the productive economy will boom sky-high, people will start making babies again (drs.Paul on call! Back on the job!) if wealth rerises and broad middleclass is reinstated, unemployment will vanish, mass poverty with all its inherent troubles (drugs, etc) will gradually disappear. I am a bit worried about a group that might go out of business as well: organized crime. But these guys are slick, they will find their way.

THE SWISS MODEL FOR THE USA. I LIKE IT. I THINK THIS PLAN IS VIABLE!

I live in Europe and we never had trouble with the Swiss, the Swedes,etc., just with the Germans and that was caused by? THE FED!!!

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

• Danny in Georgia

Congrats proud dad Ron Paul. It was Rand that won the race no doubt, but we and you and Rand cannot deny you helped just by being Ron Paul. A brilliant and warm fellow. I hope Rand’s victory is the first domino. The tipping point finally. I say finally getting tipped. In the right direction with many more to knock down. Did I mention how glad I am to hear about this even here in Georgia.

• Mark Houck

CONGRATS TO RAND PAUL WINNING THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION IN KENTUCKY

• Gary Buckley

Mr. Paul,
    Please incorporate the “Youth of the Day” in your campaigns. Can you form some type of “Grass Roots” among our youth? Have some of them with a real “Fire in the Belly” passion for our country on panel discussions? Please, I know there is a strong voice out there among them…let them be heard during this 2012 campaign season. Thanks.

• http://www.FreeWebPress.com Mike Jaeger

Your comment on Ron Paul is maybe the most important aspect to saving freedom. I started a new web site to help carry that message… I set it up on google sites. i want to kick some butt, collaborate, smart young and old readers, writters, and YouTubers.. If
      we get young web power working togather with small business owners, independant farmers, and the hard working Americans that have built this nation… who still care about freedom. This is the only way to save america from big government and big monopolies. The nation has been stollen by a few ruling families. They will make American youth into their slaves and servants, if we don’t stop them. A group of us working to save America at FreeWebPress.com and we share your vision. I can help you and others espress your ideas on that new site. We can grant permission for others to collaborate with us to build and promote the site. We are making FreeWebPress.com into a tidal wave that is heard around the world. If you can, please visit and find a page you want to build and promote, and send me some email with your ideas. The theme of FreeWebPress.com is Truth plus Art. Truth
      Each page is Truth + Art = FreeWebPress.com – Each page uses the theme expressing it with a free product or sevice to create a messages with a high mpact. We use leading edge communication gadgets from Google to make the publications appealing and powerfull. Perhaps you can find a page you like, or suggest a new page you would like to add… I can help get you started. Google has great stuff – easy to learn too.
      Sy Mike Jaeger Live…

PS If others want to help…

You can join google too, it is free. This is only thing required to collaborate on our pages.We have started many pages and the pages I think that have a best chance for a big younger audience are; Free Games, Free TV, Free music, Free movies. I can help people get started on any of these pages, they are on the site in early form now. Free software, free news, free advise, free spirit are all started too… If you have motivated friends that feel the same as you do, about saving America… It can be fun to have a friend building and managing one page as you do another page, then you can collaborate and compare with a friend. If you are already a member at google and you want to help, send me a message at MikeJaegerLive.gmail – I use gmail for web productions, I have other sites and blogs on Google plus a video channel on YouTube.

You can Google search – Mike Jaeger Live – to see more about me too.

see ya when I see ya.

• Mark Houck

I started learning about Ron Paul right near the 2008 election. Since then I have read three of his books, watched U-tube videos of him, been on sites like this one, and got a real sense of what he stands for. As I got to know more about his positions and stances on issues I felt myself saying “yes – this makes so much sense.” The more I learned – the more strongly my support for him has grown. I would vote for him in a heart beat in the 2012 election if given the chance. I believe his ideas are more relevant than ever today. He is the only REAL SMALL GOV’T guy out there – and we all know we could use less gov’t. I support Ron Paul and I think its great that more and more people are learning about him and his message.

• Dean Tillery

I think Dr. Ron Paul is the most intelligent member of congress. He is the only one with the fortitude, and guts, to speak out and vote to get this country back to the basics and be governed by the constitution. We must support Ron Paul as a member of congress, or even better, as the next President.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 0

• skin

Just wanted to say, I’m a new Ron Paul supporter. Never paid much attention to him before, because the media always labeled him a goof. I guess I was the goof. I don’t have cable TV and just got the internet this last winter. So now I’m finally learning about him. I had a real hard time wrapping my mind around some of his policies, but I’m starting to get it. Although I’m a registered republican, I have NEVER given to either party. I always thought they had enough money. However, I pledge I WILL give for the 1st time in my life to the republican party if they nominate Ron Paul. And if they don’t nominate him, I will write him in.
    God be with you Ron Paul!! You have walked the talk and endured, but it very well could be, your toughest days lie ahead. Be assured, our prayers will sustain you.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 0

• Kathryn Smith

YOUR STORY SOUNDS JUST LIKE MY OWN! LET’S TALK! KATHRYN SMITH caleb0504@hotmail.com.

• Jeni

I wrote him in last time. And if he doesn’t run for the 2012 I will write him in again….. He is the only one I trust.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

• ConstitutionalSoldier

As an Active Duty Soldier in the US Army, I just want to say that even though I didn’t vote for Ron Paul in ’08, I’ve recently gone over all of Ron Paul’s opinions and policies, on this website and on others, and it’s changed my outlook and he is the ONLY candidate I will vote for in the 2012 election. And if he doesn’t run, I will write him in.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 0

• Carl S.

Ron,

Conventional wisdom for winning two-party elections is that you should select candidates close to the center. I myself argued along those lines at a convention. However, things have changed. I am a former District Chairman for the Republican Party, so I have felt pretty loyal. I didn’t vote for you in the last primary, partly because I didn’t think you could win. However, things have changed. I thought we followed the Constitution, however, things have changed, and it has become blatently obvious we don’t. Now the time may be ripe. By the time 2012 rolls around, the economy will be so bad, people will all want a new party. I suggest running as a Libertarian.

• Cody Linder

Please Ron!

We need you to run, we need your words to run across every media source in this country. I have lost hope in politicians until I’ve found you. Let’s take America and it’s liberty back!

• jerry

I’m Confused, Why is the Federal Reserve buying gold. With US dollar backed by nothing, why is fed, gold swapping with other foreign central banks? Question? What is a gold swap and what does it do for the Federal Reserve? Is this an accounting trick to hide the real inflation of the US Dollar?

• Andy Zahoran

I think the wrong question is being asked about RON PAUL running in 2012. I think the question we must ask is the good doctor even want to run? Then if it’s yes
    all of us with all the REPUBLICANS must get behind the DOCTOR, and hope and pray for all the wright people to get voted in in NOV., and go from there, and give this country a YEAR. Naturally in the mean time all the DEMS. are going to start digging up bad stuff and all the negative’s about him. They’ll be disappointed because the only bad they’ll find is our good fortune. It is that he loves the CONSTITUTION, LOVES THE COUNTRY, AND LOVES THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, and that’s ladies and gentleman is an AMERICAN. He would not be concerned with his own pockets and people like Gingrich, Beucannon, DR.Dobson and all the others (Reps) must endorse RON PAUL and the things he stands for because it’s all good for the American people and the country, the things he says would not be empty promessis. We should be done with bad mouthing this guy in office now he just laugh all of it off and continues his dirty filthy work under the table and our noses (G. Beck,R. Limb, A. Jones ect.) I love all the stuff they all say, but this guy needs to start hearing is that he has to go what ever way, but he must go he needs to know that the American people don’t want our Flag redesigned the Anthem changed, and we understand that you are a Muslim, and that’s OK but, you are in the WRONG PLACE so please get out of the way of this prosperous COUNTRY. The people no longer want you’re changes. The country can’t afford him, every minute he is in there is costing us dearly. I hope and pray for Ron Paul to run and get his people G.Frenchie J. Tate and whoever else is available to list names on the internet of who people need to vote for the end of year. The American people the most wonderful people in the world, but they are too involved with the video games, sports, and all the other stuff and does not leave them time to do their own due diligence to find out or to know all the stuff so that would be helpful. Maybe Ron Paul seems a little radical to some but look at the other guys ever since senior Bush. Sarah Palin, now she’s probably a wonderful person but America tried something different, haven’t we learned yet? If Ron Paul can do half of the things he said it would be 100% more than this Mr. Wannabe. He even opposes the new law in Arizona, why?, because he possibly an illegal himself. The problem is no one really knows what to do about it at this time and thats sad because congress and the senate ignores the constitution that they swear to protect along with the people.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………Andy

• Kathryn Smith

Amen!

• Brian Clark

Why can’t the United States President, arguably the most powerful position on the planet, produce a simple piece of paper showing that he was born in this country, and meets the minimum qualifications to be in his job?

• Tommie Vo

We need you for 2012!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

• http://freewebpress.com mike jaeger

More smaller players and fewer big monopolies are what made this country free and great… Applies to business and goverenment, public sector, private sector, military, schools, banks and families too. Ron Paul understands this scientific fact, better than any other politician. A few big brainiacs can not save America… only a multitude of small business owners and farmers and employees can save America.

• Joan

I was raised by my grandparents, they were born in 1914. In those days there was no Walmart, no huge corporations. They were just starting, like coca-cola and the oil companies, but nothing like what we have today. I remember going with my grandmother to the butcher, then to the bakery, all small stores, and people all knew one another. Once the corporations got bigger and bigger, we lost so much of this country. That’s when our tax money started going to the corporations, they started “downsizing” in the 1980s, which meant making their stocks worth more simply by laying people off, then it was outsourcing. I talked with a man in India the other day, and he said India and China are doing so much better now. Yeah, they got millions of our jobs thanks to the corporations.

• Average Joe

Dear Dr. Paul,

I implore you to run for POTUS! you got my vote. we need you!

As a doctor you are qualified to get us out of this mess. in other words, this country needs a enema!!!

• Jeni

If John McCain is the best the republicans can do…. well… we are in big trouble. Obama will get in again. Do you think you would run for president? If not who do you think would be a good canidate?

• Bud

What is Obama’s Solution for our Economic Crisis?

The Middle Class and our democracy are to be
    dismantled and sold off piece by piece, and the
    profits are to be given to the Filthy Rich!

• david

dear senator paul

I have read your book the revolution a manifesto. From what I understand about you from reading it is that your more of a constitutionalist. Sadly I have listed to news shows where a dem that is for more government call themselves liberals and in the same clip say they are also a liberitarian. I find it sad that they are trying to change what it means to be liberitarian. I am part of the oath keepers. because I took that oath even though when I was young I didnt really understand it or what was in the constitution. I ask that you try to see if you can get a bill passed that makes it where the incumbent can only spend as much as his or her challenger has raised. I think that would make it where they would have to actually prove that they are there for the people. Instead of them being the known name cause of all the tv ads.

Thank you for your service and keep fighting for the constitution.

• Had to give it a thumbs down

Sorry to give that comment a thumbs down…I really didn’t want to. But I had to.

I think your heart is in the right place and I am glad you support Ron Paul.

But, campaign spending and campaign donations are free speech. Just because one canadite has less money to spend does not mean more regulations need to be put in place to make the race “fair”.

Life isn’t fair. Life will never be fair. Winners are winners, losers are losers, and somebody has to lose. That. Is. Fair.

Campaing spending needs not to be touched, rather the regualtions and restrictions on campaigns need to be reversed.