Who Is Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is America’s leading voice for liberty, prosperity and peace. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives and three-time presidential candidate, Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Ron Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president. During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he returned to his medical practice.

Ron Paul went back to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and eventually became Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continued to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

• Ron Paul never voted to raise taxes.
  • Ron Paul never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • Ron Paul never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • Ron Paul never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • Ron Paul never taken a government-paid junket.
  • Ron Paul never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.
  • Ron Paul voted against regulating the Internet.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war.
  • Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

1,764 Comments:

1. dickie wayne snider

I am writing in Ron Paul for President!

2. Write him in! That is what I am going to do.

3. Mr Paul,
    After many monthes of not knowing who to vote for I have chosen you as my candidate.
    You are truly the most real candidate in this country. Please stay in. I will do anything to have you
    Win. I am so sick of the news and barack and mccain. You have everything I need for a president.
    Do not ever change, dont give up. I have searched and search on the internet to find out who fits me best and now I have seen the light. You could be the only person that could change this country for the better.

4. Dear Dr.Paul,
    I am 18 years old, and this November I refuse to try to pick the lesser of two evils. I've become very involved with politics within the last year because my generation is going to have to pay the price of todays mistakes. You are the alternative that everyone, especially my generation, is looking for. I have read all your books and listened to your debates and everytime the subject of politcs comes up, I spread your message. You are the only politician that I agree with on every single issue. You are the only hope for America, I just wish America would stop being ignorant and stop believing whatever the media says. If America is looking for "change", an unexperienced socialist with unrealistic plans is definitly not it. You are the real change, the real answer Americans are looking for. Don't ever stop trying, let your voice be heard and never give up. It's never too late for the United States be the country it was designed to be, the country it should be.
    Sincerely,
    Bridget

5. Don't give up yet, I am 18 years old and have spread your word to all of my friends and family. I truly believe in what you are trying to do, and I just wanted to let you know that you have a strong base of young supporters in central IN. Keep up the great work!

6. Hi. I'm 15 and i support Ron Paul completely. I am encouraging seniors in my school who are 18 years of age to vote Ron Paul for the right and only way to save our country. Before Ron Paul I was never into politics but when you see on tv how corrupt McCain and Obama seem, it makes me think what is this world coming to? We all need to spread the word and ideas of Ron Paul and let every vote count.

Thank you for trying to save our country,
    Rob Chiarappa
    thevangogos@yahoo.com

7. It seems you will not be president, but how about Treasury Secretary? Both candidates would gain huge points with you on their side!

8. Just wish more and more people could see these videos...

9. Good Luck Ron, and God be with you, as there as so many, in such high placed, that are so very against you.

10. Ron Paul is amazing! It is so refreshing to see a politician who is anything but. Dr. Paul is a true conservative constitutionalist and I know that unlike almost every other politician, he has this country's best interests at heart. Thank you Dr. Paul for ending my apathetic view of American politics! Although I am very sorry that Ron Paul dropped out of the primaries, there is not a doubt in my mind that he will still have an amazing impact and influence on this country. I will continue to support him 150% and help the cause in any way that I can. Viva la revolution and God bless Ron Paul! :)

P.S. Is Dr. Paul technically still in the race? If he is, than it is imperative that I vote for him! We cannot let those puppets McCain and Obama win.

• DR. PAUL I HAVE LISTENED TO YOU'RE WEEKLY REPORTS, FOR YEARS AND
      WHEN I HEARD YOU SAY THAT THE US HAS TO GET OUT OF THE UN THEN
      I KNEW YOU WERE THE "MAN" 4-5 YEARS AGO. AT THAT TIME I DID NOT
      KNOW YOU WERE GOING TO RUN IN 2008. WHAT I'M GETTING AT SIR IS
      PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONSTANTLY PROTECTED DO NOT FOR ONE
      SECOND FORGET THE JFK.s BROTH'R., SON, AND SO MANY,MANY MORE
      WHO BELIEVED IN OUR CONSTITUTION AND FREE AMERICA WE MIGHT JUST
      HAVE A CHANCE WITH YOU. SO GOD BLESS YOU AND SPREAD HIS SAFETY
      ANGELS AROUND YOU, AND GIVE YOU HIS PEACE. AS YOU KNOW SIR THE
      OTHERS WOULD WALK WITH THEIR BIBLES, KORANS IN HAND BUT WHEN
      THEY GOT HOME USED IT FOR DOOR STOP AND WENT DID AND DO ALL THE CRAZY THINGS. PLEASE BE SAFE............................a.Z.

11. Hey guys! I did it! I started a myspace page for a Write in Ron Paul campaign. I could use all the help I can get to really get it going. Please let me know ANY suggestions you may have.. I'm VERY excited about it!
    Click here to see it:
    www.myspace.com/writeinronpaul

12. Amazing to see a US politician with guts and a decent moral heart. I wish you well and pray that sanity may prevail and you will be duly elected. If I was a US cizizen then you would surely have my vote.

Best of luck,
    Simon
    Australia

13. Marco - Australia

I am an Australian and if I could I would vote for Ron Paul.

Alas the name Ron Paul is not even known in Australia due to the lame stream media reporting only on the three NWO puppets ( Clinton, Obama, McCain)

So I will do what I can here at the ass end of the earth to make the Name Ron Paul known.

Keep up the great work Mr Paul

14. Dear Ron,

You are much admired from across the Atlantic and have many supporters for your campaign here in England.

It is a herculean task to educate the masses to the root cause of economic problems and how to effect change to unleach a long range prosperity wave that will far surpass the prosperity reined in by Margaret Thatcher, the fruits of which we are still enjoying today here in England.

Through you, may the American people see the very system for what it is, that decieves them, entraps them in a vicuous circle and moreover the honesty with which you confront the issues.

with appreciation and best wishes,

15. American citizena

HE IS STILL IN THE RACE!!!!! MUST TELL EVERYONE ABOUT RON PAUL SPREAD THE WORD.F ALL THE OTHERS.LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT HE IS ABOUT!!!I JUST HOPE THEY DONT RIG ANYTHING SO WE NEED TO COUNT THEM OURSELVES..:P RON PAUL!!!!

16. Tell me how you can win, I am voting for you over those other idiots, but the political race seems rigged with the Electoral College. How can we have a true revolution of minds prior to the election to insure a fair and just election for the People of America? I fear that after the election if nothing is done and either of those idiots is puppeted into office that we will all have to prepare for a great devastation over our land and country. How do we stop it rather than just voting for you (which will only be seen by many as a person throwing their vote away)? This election is going down in history as a "Throw Away Election” Throw your vote away and vote for the Democrats and lose the economy over it. Throw your vote away and vote for the Republican McCain and loss your rights under the constitution and a free people. Vote for John Paul and realize that your vote isn't registered and the candidate hasn't a chance with the political powers in office to recognize this candidate. Oh God we need help and a miracle.
    John Paul you have my vote!

17. Mr. Ron Paul,

Sir, you really, REALLY need to stay in the Presidential race! I've wanted to vote for you ever since I started following the different campaigns and you're the one candidate that seems to have his head set on the right issues and not in the race for the power! We cannot let Obama or McCain win! It must be you!

18. I will write you in!! Keep fighting! Good Luck!

19. I don't know if there is a write-in campaign or not going on.. If not, there should be! I, too, have been saying all along that I am writing in Ron Paul. There are many who seem to agree with this idea. I'm about to have a baby any day now, so I'm not currently working. I'd be more than happy to help with any type of campaign like this for Ron Paul. So, if any of you know of one or are planning to get it started, let me know, so I can help!

Two fingers,
    Ashley
    premierplanning33@hotmail.com

20. Nicole Lallande

Is there a write-in campaign afoot? I have been telling all who ask that I am writing him in.

Regards,