Who Is Ron Paul?

1775 Responses

Ron Paul is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution. In the words of former Treasury Secretary William Simon, Dr. Paul is the “one exception to the Gang of 535″ on Capitol Hill.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president.

During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he voluntarily relinquished his House seat and returned to his medical practice.

Dr. Paul returned to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continues to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

Ron Paul’s consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, “Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers’ ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.” Another colleague observed, “There are few people in public life who, through thick and thin, rain or shine, stick to their principles. Ron Paul is one of those few.”

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

• He has never voted to raise taxes.
  • He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • He has never taken a government-paid junket.
  • He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • He voted against the Patriot Act.
  • He voted against regulating the Internet.
  • He voted against the Iraq war.
  • He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
  • He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

1,775 responses to “Who Is Ron Paul?”

1. patty goldman

We agree that corruption is everywhere. But what our website shows is that the stock market is a hand written program written with the help of a programming computer. The code is in the 1 minute boxes of the Dow Index.
    We do not know who is receiving the code but we have all the documentation.
    The code broadcasts the daily movement of the Dow Index that controls the direction of the stock market. The direction is given daily and 3-5 days ahead. Some of the numbers in the boxes are changed occasionally during the trading session and sometimes after the market closes. We have those changed numbers.
    This is the biggest insider trading scam of our lifetimes and seems like a security risk to the U.S. economy.
    I don’t expect you to read this email and believe what I’m saying. I’m asking you to look at the website carefully and have your trusted people vet it and then you’ll know what we’ve discovered is true.
    Please be careful when disclosing this material.
    I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Patty Goldman 949-481-6080

2. patty goldman

We do not know who is receiving the code but we have all the documentation.
    Please be careful when disclosing this material.
    I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Patty Goldman 949-481-6080

3. patty goldman

We do not know who is receiving the code but we have all the documentation.
    Please be careful when disclosing this material.
    I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Patty Goldman 949-481-6080

4. patty goldman

We do not know who is receiving the code but we have all the documentation.
    Please be careful when disclosing this material.
    I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Patty Goldman 949-481-6080

5. rakia

Ron Paul Should Come To San Diego

6. Rick Keller

I committed to Ron Paul under the condition that he does not drop out of the race, and that means he must run as an independent since he was not selected by the criminal Republican party.

Obama is a traitor, and Romney is no better; still just another puppet.

I feel it is likely our country will end up in a civil war unless Ron Paul wins, and he blew a perfect opportunity on Leno.

I will write in Ron Paul on the ballot even if he does not run, because I can’t live with myself otherwise, and it’s that important.

It is not a wasted vote to make your voice heard, and the numbers at the end will reflect a percentage of angry Americans.

Vote for your Rights
    Vote for Peace
    Vote for Ron Paul

…or none at all.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1

7. Sick of Politics

you’re crazy.

8. Enlightened

I sincerely hope that you Paul supporters are watching the DNC tonight. You will have learned what you are really lacking in the Paul movement. Organization! We are so close on all the issues, why can’t you see that the only place for you now, is the DFL ? Ron Paul is a Democrat at heart and he knows it. Only he knows why he calls himself a Republican. I have read so many of the comments on this site and I can tell you that most of you are Democrats also. Why have you left the only party that will do something for you? Do you think that the Republicans will ever let Ron Paul carry their water after he has failed to endorse their nominee ? He will never be trusted to any inside information or any position again. His career is basically over. Who do you have now? I can tell you who. Barrack Obama. Put the presidents and Mr. Pauls platform side by side and you will see that I am right. Let’s put our votes together and we can defeat the Republicans in November by a landslide.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 23

1. Rick Keller

CRIMINAL organization is what the Democrats have. But soe does the Republican party. Did you see how Ron Paul was ignored and treated like a second citizen by the press, even at the beginning when he was clearly winning?

All political parties rape the American people. Selecting Democrat or Republican only determines which hole they use.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

9. Ray Storla

It’s awfully quiet on the Ron Paul front. I am for Ron, but he’d better get doing something to make noise. Has he picked a vice-pres yet?
    I think he should be so PO’d right now at the GOP and know in his heart that they have shown who they are and they are not worthy of any idol worship. It’s really too late in the game to flip to Lib. We all have to admit that America’s best bet would be if Ron stuck his nose up at the GOP and throw full support behind Gary Johnson. He is a Ron Paulite for the Constitution too. We DESPERATELY need a third party run.
    If Ron Paul did want to “show the GOP where the bear shiat in the woods”, this would be the time and the way to do it.
    Actually, if he doesn’t do it, then he does play party over country. (And I do not want to believe that.)

1. Rick Keller

On Leno, Ron Paul said he was not going to run as an independent. He may change his mind, but he blew a perfect opportunity on Leno.

I will write his name in on the ballot no matter if he runs or not, because I will not vote for a traitor, and Romney is no better, and the numbers at the end will reflect the number of angry voters.

I will not be surprised to see the US fall into civil war if Ron Paul does not win.

If Ron Paul does not run as independent this election, I will not support him in 2016, and will actively work against him. But I will write him in this time because I am committed.

If Ron Paul wasn’t prepared to show that same level of commitment then he should not have run in the first place.

1. rakia

It’s Not Time

10. James

Guess Proboxer100 is MIA!!!!

11. lanie

I will write you in Ron Paul. You still have my vote.

12. Nina Beesley

I really like what Ron Paul has to say. After researching all of the candidates, he is the one I am in agreement with.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 1

1. joeschmoe

Unfortunately if you are just now researching candidates you are doing it wrong! The time to get behind the man in a meaningful way is over. He needed your support during the primaries when your vote may have counted. Now the only choices left for us is a lose / lose choice as far as most are concerned. This is a clear case where better late than never doesn’t apply.

13. Random

This guy needs control, STOP the illuminati!

14. Dr.Sam

Copy and paste this , Since the Media inst doing their Job Too well .
    The Government is talking about taxing the Internet! That is, if you buy, sell or trade online, the government will be expecting their cut. This is not only going to cost us more as consumers, but will make it harder for small businesses to get started online! As some of you know, this will cause all online prices to go up. Repost this if you think the Gov. Should Back off !

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1

15. New Era Hats

Yeah, it’s convenience to shop from online store and the price is reasonable. But sometimes it’s unsafe.

16. DragonBommie

I still don’t understand why most people still don’t understand that the very first thing to do is to find a way to make the presidential election (and the election for the republican candidate for that matter) one which can be checked on truthful counting of the votes…. I mean… what’s the point of all this discussing and speculating and so on if one cannot even get the truth above the table (as we say in The Netherlands) about whether the number of votes for a certain person are the actual votes for that person haha… It’s laughable and the foundation of, at least, an attempt to go for the truth. And again I need to mention that documentary ”Hijiacking Democracy” in this perspective, a must see…. I really don’t know whether Ron Paul can live up to his promises, but at least he is the only one in the race I would allow to give it a shot, because the others are certainly not gonna live up to their promises haha. With love from China, the biggest capitalist country in the world right now. Bye for now, as they say here. Love, Bommie.

17. Freedom

I F..K FBI too ;>

18. US Combat War Vetran

Guys Guys watch what u all say this website is probably being monitored by the FBI.

We are all angry and we all aren’t stupit every american knows there is alot at stake we all want to protect the constitution we all are patriots we all Love God and Country and we need to Support Ron Paul.

We cant do that behind bars.

Every Soldier and Every Government Official takes that Oath to Defend and Protect the Constitution Of the Unithed States of America. So we are always on some sort of conflict of intrest.

We want to serve but we have that conflicting in our toughts everyday asking our selfs is this right……

So not only is our system contradicting its self it is a scary tough what might come out of it. Something has to give.

Other than that Ron Paul has been that cusion hes provented Vilant acts from accuring and he is what every angry American has felt he is are courage are Liberator and with out him….

I would be afraid to see what happens with our Futures.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 4

1. Patrick

Although I agree with the overall sentiment, I find your first line incompatable with the message of liberty, a message which encourages us to live our lives without having to look over our shoulder.
      That the FBI may be tuned in is their problem, so let’s not make it ours as well. Besides, by living in fear of them, we play directly into their hands.
      This is not what the message of liberty is all about.
      Good luck.

19. lpn training ON

hey there and thank you for your information – I’ve undoubtedly picked up anything new from appropriate here. I did however expertise a couple of technical points using this site, as I experienced to reload the web site several times previous to I could get it to load appropriately. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my email and can appear out for a lot far more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure which you update this once more really soon..

20. nursing degrees On

Hey this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or in case you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any support would be greatly appreciated!

21. Freedom

Just look that
    OMG this system is sick !
    We need do something.
    Please frends from America dont watch TV more.
    Mass media show Al Qaddafi as the worst criminal…
    F..K THE NATO, UE, BANKS,
    Soon we in Poland make revolutions and we out from UE, NATO, and we liquidate our FED ! We must do it because our f..king politicians do not listen to us. Nobody in Poland not want war on the Middle East.
    I hope so that the rest of the countries join us because unity is strength.
    After World War II people in Poland not afraid of anyone or anything.
    We are ready to fight for freedom and sovereignty of our country.
    Because now we are’t a sovereign country.
    The fire in our hearts is able to destroy all evil, along with any bankers who think they are untouchablen,and we do it and nobody and nothing can stop us.

So help us God

Sry for spam but earlier post is moderation and I’m not sure that will appear on the site if one appears to I’m sorry for the spam.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1

22. Freedom

If you will not see a revolution in TV is just one do not want you to see the look for information in independent sources of information.
    or contact to me dark19.90@o2.pl
    Gretings from Poland !!

23. Freedom

Just look that
    OMG this system is sick !
    We need do something.
    Please frends from America dont watch TV more.
    Mass media show Al Qaddafi as the worst criminal…
    FUCK THE NATO, UE, BANKS,
    Soon we in Poland make revolutions and we out from UE, NATO, and we liquidate our FED ! We must do it because our fucking politicians do not listen to us. Nobody in Poland not want war on the Middle East.
    I hope so that the rest of the countries join us because unity is strength.
    After World War II people in Poland not afraid of anyone or anything.
    We are ready to fight for freedom and sovereignty of our country.
    Because now we are’t a sovereign country.

So help us God

24. Tesia

Is he single? I want him to marry my grandma so I can have a smart grandpa :D

25. Freedom

Ok try here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5RyXxT0BfI
    and answer on my question from earlier post. Answer here or on my email dark19.90@o2.pl

26. video games york pa

I should verify with you here, which is not something I often do! I get pleasure from reading a post that may make individuals think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!

27. nike free run

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

28. Latasha Bornstein

I read this paragraph completely regarding the resemblance of most up-to-date and earlier technologies, it’s amazing article.

29. Freedom

It’s me again I’m sorry for my mistake.
    Ofc not CSI too much americans movies…
    Ofc Al-CIAida
    I have bad information for us because Israel want war with Iran hmm…
    you know when Israel attack Iran, USA too. Ofc true reason isn’t nuclear weapons as trying to sell us the mass media. Iran has a very large amount of oil.
    I hope so you do not want more this what happend in Iraq and Afganistan.
    Just look what happend in Iraq and Afganistan.
    This is war with terrorism. Terrorism which does not exist, so for what is this war? Answer is… for oil and money. No money for americans people only for corporations.
    And next question why people who fight for independence his country are called terrorists?
    Look this movie and answer for my question.
    I personally don’t know any American hence my question, average american people are like in this movie? Please answer on this page or my email dark19.90@o2.pl I ask because not want denigrate anyone,
    Thanks for your attention and I’m sorry for my english, I will learn more.
    Greetings from Poland!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 3

30. Cassi Pellietier

I was very happy to search out this internet-site.I wanted to thanks in your time for this excellent learn!! I positively having fun with each little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you weblog post.

31. Lavera Sebren

If some one wishes expert view regarding blogging and site-building afterward i recommend him/her to go to see this web site, Keep up the good work.

32. Jake Stone

Ron Paul Speaks about what he will do but I can’t find where he actually did anything to re-establish our Republic Constitution?

We nemented the Civil War / Reformation Act declared over and send all the Federal Govement Back to Washington DC…

33. The Lowest Room

Truly, all the placades by others and his ‘surface’ record speak volumes. Considering the state of affairs in the US and the growing awakening by the global general public at large on the causes of the fall of the american ‘empire’, Ron Paul’s resume is ‘very impressive’ to say the least. However, I have a few lingering doubts as to Dr. Pauls true moral compass and reservations to what lay in his ‘shadows’. Dr. Pauls association with the ‘illuminated’ fraternity “LAMDA CHI ALPHA” stands out like a “thorn” !!!(Jud 2:3), and it proves something extremely significant that bewrays the outer patina of Dr. Pauls ‘out in the open’ persona, and that is HE WILL WILFULLY PARTICIPATE IN THAT WHICH IS MORALLY REPUGNANT TO A FREE AND OPEN SOCIETY (to quote the words of the murdered JFK)……”SECRECY”!!!. His association with this fraternity MAKES DR.PAUL A…..”FREEMASON”……and their is no word doctoring or propaganda to wash that away, its futile!!!. Putting out responses to the contrary on fed emblazoned stationary IS A LIE and work of darkness when both the fraternity and even this website PUBLICLY state he is a member!. I dont want to get into the second hand hearsay of those stating his wifes’s, daughter’s, brother’s, father’s association with said nefarious organization (freemasonry at large), its not necessary as here, ITS PUBLICLY ON RECORD and that involving Dr. Paul ‘personally’. Mr. Paul is a ‘staunch libertarian’ and it was in the name of ***LIBERTY***, EQUALITY, FRATERNITY that caused the deaths of millions throughout history by nihilist tyrants against ignorant sheep!. I have noticed that the said fraternity LAMBDA CHI ALPHA has just recently ripped down (censored) their endorsement and placade for their ‘brother’ in running. THAT TO SPEAKS VOLUMES!!. NO ‘fraternity’ is ‘innocent’, NO ‘fraternity’ is ‘harmless’ for the very core motive behind any is….SECRECY!. I am not an american, but that does not dismiss the relevancy of Dr.Pauls candidacy for myself or anyone else on this planet given the global state of affairs. As long as Dr.Paul is openly apart of that which is “repugnant” to everything that stands for FREEDOM, LIBERTY, EQUALITY…..GOD HIMSELF, I see very little ‘hope’ for any change or your country!. There is one other problem that has not escaped my attention that stands out like a festering sore, Dr. Pauls stance on just what happened on 911, and the perpetrators and inner workings behind it. Surely Dr. Paul cannot understand the ‘treasonous’ nature of how the US government has lowered itself over the decades et. al. The Federal Reserve, unlawful and unconstitutional executive orders etc. ad nauseum, AND NOT KNOW HOW AND WHY AND WHO WAS BEHIND 911 ??? Its an insult to many an intelligence and your asking me to buy the moon here! Anyhow, for you citizens of the USA, “IF” you truly want change and love your country, I suggest dropping your naivete and embrace STAUNCH PESSIMISM for any and all that would advance to the throne, leave no rock unturned, and make sure all comers are proven”white as snow’ else you will continully endure “perpetual desolations’ caused by those WITHIN!!!. “Words” are a battleground for your hearts, minds, souls, LIVES!!!. Taste and test all with EXTREME PREJUDICE for its your future as well as others on the planet thats at stake! BE WISE AS SERPENTS!

Peace

1. Geoff

Were you ever part of a Fraternity? Specifically LCA? As a brother of a fraternity (Kappa Sigma), I can assure you, the “secrecy” involved in college fraternities is nothing more than a ploy to attract attention and add a sense of mystery. And yes, hazing happens. That has nothing to do with the Illuminati or the Freemasons. While many fraternities claim ties to the Masons, LCA being one of them, this does not mean Ron Paul is a Freemason by association. Many of my closest friends are LCA (I am not) and I can assure you, they’ve had no issues about discussing their “secrets” around me. Your claims are extreme and have no foundation of proof.

2. Gar

Ron Paul is normal, tolerant, sane Christian, baptist.

34. Edward R. Mossman

I just got back from a function in Atlantic City with key note speaker journalists Charles Gibson. He spoke of the two party system and the media failing America. He then had a Q & A for which I could not get the microphone. I had to yell my question which he could not hear clearly. He must have heard the name Ron Paul when I yelled my question for the third time and said, “Ron Paul is a fantasy candidate and will never win. He does have a good following with young people, but He will run in 4 more years and four more but he will never win. Next question”. So on one hand he said how the system is failing but he must not understand what Dr. Paul is saying. Why is that?

35. Freedom

Don’t give up. We belive , we know you are last hope for peace on the world, for truth, Don’t give up!
    We can’t vote but we are with you.
    America please don’t more lies abot 9/11 and terrorism.
    The bigest terrorism organization is CSI and government of Bush, Obama is’t better than Bush.
    We need freedom for Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, and for world
    You need liquidate FED!
    Aaron Russo is the best !
    Aaron we want continue your work and we do it in Poland.
    We sowing a truth.
    I’m sorry for my english.
    I will learn more.
    Thanks for your attention.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1