Who Is Ron Paul?

1766 Responses

Ron Paul is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution. In the words of former Treasury Secretary William Simon, Dr. Paul is the “one exception to the Gang of 535″ on Capitol Hill.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president.

During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he voluntarily relinquished his House seat and returned to his medical practice.

Dr. Paul returned to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continues to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

Ron Paul’s consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, “Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers’ ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.” Another colleague observed, “There are few people in public life who, through thick and thin, rain or shine, stick to their principles. Ron Paul is one of those few.”

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

• He has never voted to raise taxes.
  • He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • He has never taken a government-paid junket.
  • He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • He voted against the Patriot Act.
  • He voted against regulating the Internet.
  • He voted against the Iraq war.
  • He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
  • He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

1,766 responses to “Who Is Ron Paul?”

1. flats in zirakpur

Hi there everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this web page,
    and post is in fact fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these articles.

2. Mike

I just plain like getting back to the basics. A few generations ago you could be a janitor and provide for your family. Every American needs a safe place to live a little money in the bank and to be able to retire and enjoy the fruits of his or her labor with their family. Like the old days, like my grandfather he never worried about healthcare or insurance.

Ron is on to something

3. Darmowe szablony allegro

Excellent Blog!|
    These are truly great ideas in on the topic of blogging. You have touched some fastidious points here.
    szablony www

4. http://0rz.tw/8yCXC

For instance, if you so wanted additional requirements to your experience that is
    not included in the 2014 IGFA World Record Game Fishes book.
    By Utilizing bait such as this, you’re on your way to Alaska at least once for an
    exciting fishing expedition. It took persistent Bev an
    hour to get it free from the hook to come free if it really gets hung
    up on something. Basic formula no food, fish 3 days in fridge no birds.

5. Matt Rivnak

I’m only 13 and can’t vote but I honestly believe all his ideas are fair to him, congress, and the population. Ron Paul 2016.

6. Constance

It’s going to be end of mine day, but before finish I am reading this enormous paragraph to
    improve my knowledge.

7. debbie

this guy should be our president!!!

8. http://atindustries.in/wholesale-louis-vuitton-purses.html
  9. Giselle

Dr. Paul, you have peaked my interest. You don’t come off as neither devilcrat nor repulsivecan! I will read up more on you and your position.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

10. Kostya

Please make this guy president!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 5

11. David

I not going to vote for a Satanic person who think children elderly and disable who make up over 87% should work or not receive food water or heath care

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 25

12. Randy

We need more people like Ron Paul, he understands the true values of what freedom is all about. I unfortunately did the dumbest mistake of my life and had a substantial amount of Cannabis along with Paraphernalia in my possession. I don’t know what will happen to my future anymore. I am a 4.0 student and do not fit the stereotype description of the so called “lazy-unmotivated stoners.” Being only 20 years old and the way Texas is so harsh on Cannabis I might move out once I “pay” for my mistake. I am all for legalizing and regulating the use of Cannabis, I do not blame it one bit everyone knows prohibition is to blame. I have worked so hard throughout the years for a harmless plant being the reason I don’t get a certain career job. Thank you Ron Paul cause I know you mean well I wish there were more people like you, I really do.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 7

13. stefanie koontz

WHAT THE HELL IS EVERYONES PROBLEM? WHY ISN’T HE PRESIDENT? WHERE IS HE? SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND UP SAY SOMETHING… DO SOMETHING. please please please

I’M CALLING OUT RON PAUL. I’M ASKING FOR CHANGE.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 30 Thumb down 8

14. Katie

I am all for smaller govt…. And am intrigued by the idea of cutting back to the basic constitution…
    I am wondering what will keep it from just getting huge and complicated again.
    Is there a plan, once we get back to basic constitutional rights, to keep it simple?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 2

15. Joseph & Phyllis Deaney

Have Congress give us a flat tax and do away with the IRS!!!!!

16. Rocky Scott

no it will not be a national id for me at all

17. Pam

I don’t have a lot of political knowledge, but after becoming a mother I starting taking a lot of interest in my rights and the governments roll in my life. I first voted in 2008 for Obama. I felt that the change he was talking about would actually happen. As disappointed as I was with his first term, I did vote for him again, but this time only because I had a huge dislike for Romney. I watched all of the debates that you took part in, and I was so intrigued with your message and what you would do if you were President. I sure hope that you have success leading up to 2016. I will definitely give you my vote when that day comes. We need more people who live by the constitution without trying to work around the loopholes. We need more people that understand the people need our jobs back and they shouldn’t be sent over seas. We need more Americans not republican/democrats separating our nation. We need more farmers without the GMO shit. I am personally appalled by how involved our government has become and how the mass media only shows what they want us to hear. We are being dumbed down by our own country. What would we do if we didn’t have keeping up with the kardashians? It’s just sad. There’s a lack of valuable information provided to the people. I hope the people wake up. You have my support and I look forward to your 2016 presidential race.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 29 Thumb down 5

1. marilynn english

To Pam…..You should be paying more attention to what is going on with our Government rather than watching the Kardashians. This is what is wrong with this Country, people not educating themselves on the issues and getting bamboozled by the same old same old politicians who care nothing about us.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 19

18. Bill Douglas

Ron Paul,
    I am a center right independent voter, and support many of your initiatives .
    HOWEVER – your comments regarding the Boston Marathon bombing were completely OUT Of LINE, and show a compete lack of knowledge about this unfortunate incident .Did you not hear the cheering and see the total public support for the police action ? Such politically motivated and attention grabbing comments, undo a lot of the good work you do ,and are a reason that you remain forever politically marginalized .Please “wake up ” Ron Paul

1. Jeffrey Smith

I see this as a foolish statement Mr. Douglas. With due respect, I’m not sure that you are qualified to berate a hero such as Dr. Paul, because I saw the people who cheered on the news, but I also saw many individuals being interviewed who were angry that the cops had terrorized them in their homes. You just must not have seen EVERYTHING there was to see. So perhaps you could be the one who is wrong. You’re not helping the cause who always works to help YOU. In fact it is you, sir, you are the reason that Ron Paul has been marginalized for this long. This type of thing ALWAYS fools people. It’s obviously easy to do as you now see.

19. Jack

Let us not waste our time about ifs and buts, but rather focus on the issues this powerful group of Patriots can accomplish, or assist in getting done since Ron did not get elected.

Got one:

Calling any and all Patriots of good-will to assist fight against ongoing infringements on our Constitutional rights and protections, rule of law, due process etc., regarding federal oversight and mandates to protect our citizens from wrongful foreclosure and comply with the Protecting Homeowners/Tenants at Foreclosure Act.

Especially in Georgia, which is 6th highest in foreclosures, 6th most impoverished state, and 6th highest for no protection or assistance for its citizens.

FNMA, bailed out and now bought out with our taxes continues to abuse fed mandates, law and its own written policies. Their servicers and leasing companies force people into foreclosure and then do not allow them to be priority buyer or provide the term of lease according to law.

Even if you can only direct me and others in who to contact. I have tried any state agency that should be able and have the obligation to help. That includes agencies up to the atty. general, which referred me to the DOJ; still nothing.

“I ask for, not at once no government, but at once a better government”
    Henry David Thoreau

20. diamond

I regret I voted for Obama now! Had I did my homework on Ron Paul he would of gotten my vote!! I agree with Ron and his views. So many don’t like him because he speaks TRUTH! and well those who are lost will not agree with him and Yes Government is not what it is intended to be from beginning but if people don’t get their lazy butts up and do something we will soon become a Dicated nation. To those people who love their government you all better get use to being dicated to.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 25 Thumb down 9