Who Is Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is America’s leading voice for liberty, prosperity and peace. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives and three-time presidential candidate, Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Ron Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president. During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he returned to his medical practice.

Ron Paul went back to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and eventually became Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continued to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

• Ron Paul never voted to raise taxes.
  • Ron Paul never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • Ron Paul never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • Ron Paul never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • Ron Paul never taken a government-paid junket.
  • Ron Paul never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.
  • Ron Paul voted against regulating the Internet.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war.
  • Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

1,764 Comments:

1. It would be really great if Ron Paul could get any of the media behind him instead of overlooking him and trying to write him off. Ron Paul is the real “truth teller” of the bunch and it’s refreshing to hear the truth even if most of the population is to ignorant to listen and understand (not just us republicans).

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

• hi Erik,
      the problem is that they are not writing him off. no, it is worse, they are intentionally ignoring him because they are said to.
      The few big media bosses and the big coorporations as well as the banksters don’t want people to get to know Ron better. They are afraid.

They would loose power and money if the people would know how they are beeing brainwashed all day long and lyed to.

The media is jointly responsible for thousands of dead children, women and men in the middle east because they lie and distort the truth.

here are two well made documentaries about this issue. One can learn a lot about the enormous power a few people have over us all.

Documentary “Spin”

Documentary “Peace, Propaganda, and The Promised Land”

It took me some month to wipe off the layers of propaganda lies and missinformations covering my way of thinking. Now i can clearly see what is going on

• It’s been a long time since our media stood for truth. I would like to see the Judge openly support RP on his show. That would go far. I would LOVE to see him nominated just to watch Hannity and Oreilly go on an NObama spree and have to come on their knees in support of RP. To hear them not bashing him would be the second coming.

2. I am a democrat and Obama supporter, but Ron Paul is right on target on foreign policy and why 9/11 happened. Unfortunately the average person is too ignorant and brainwashed to understand what he is talking about. He would make a formidable candidate, but he is too intelligent and progressive for those backward republican voters.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 29 Thumb down 0

• I completely agree. It is very frustrating as a Republican voter to have so many of my colleagues continue to vote for the wrong man. I want to be able to give us a good name again!

• I am Ron Paul supporter and I wish people in his campaign could listen and change, but that seems not to happen with politicians. Same way I write and tell moron Perry to change his views on immigration to no avail.

What do tou if the average American is too narrow minded to handle the true reasons America is a target?

I told before, it is the messenger who would need to adapt. One cannot be that straitghforward and sincere and expect to come close to win.

If Ron Paul cant deliver a message about reasons for 9/11 without scaring the average American he cant win. Can it possible to deliver the message with morr diplomatic words? Of course.

But just for a response here saying that I am wrong and go ahead and ignore me again.

3. People who say that liberty is outdated, or we just want to return to old or ancient times is just down right ignorant and foolish. WE HAVE NEVER REACHED THE IDEAL FREE COUNTRY! A FREE AMERICAN IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, 235 YEARS IN THE MAKING.

We’ve had slavery, concentration camps, genocide, disinfranchised citizens, and a gradual wittling away at our original constitution through amendments; we’ve had fascism, and now more socialism, (but we never call these things what they are.) But to say we have had a true, ideal, free America as described by the documents of our founding fathers, NEVER! So, how can it be old-fashioned or ancient? It’s futuristic, and something we need, nay, MUST continue to fight for.

“A Republic, if you can keep it.” – Ben Franklin.

4. Biased news as usual. They completely ignored Ron P. They glazed over him on the issue of 9/11, to get him booed, but never once engaged him on the issue of the Federal Reserve and Taxes, where he would really shine at a Tea Party debate.

We should boycott CNN and Fox News and boycott all the companies that sponser them.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

5. Unfortunately, once again the way Ron Paul puts things without enough time to explain can hurt him. In the debate tonight clearly Ron Paul looked bad when explaining Bin Laden motivation to attack the US.

Insted of saying the US is responsible, he could have said that the US could act more effectively against (then outline how).

6. Ron Paul is completely right on the reasons for so many countries being against us. We would not want another country to come here and occupy our country. Telling us how to run our country. Everyone who was just booing him for what he had to say at the Republican Tea Party Debate are all just foolish.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 0

7. We need to have a good change. Ron Paul 2012

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

8. we need solutions. can nafta! we can not police the world. our kids are treated like criminals. we are losing our fredoms more and more every day. we don’t even own our money. they now have most all the gold we once had in our homes. we never realy own our land. code inforcement has become like hitlers ss. they brain wash our kid with this ranger, airborne crap because, there no are jobs. this a is cival war about the cival right of the unborne , jobs and freedom. ron is not perfect and niether are you, but he is all we have. with age you gain knowlege with practice you gain skill, he has both. one thing is for sure we need a leader. ron paul 2012

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

9. I would vote Paul over Obama or many other “Dumbo”crat but he is old and not in the picture anymore. He sees the world with the persepctive of an old man who lives in ancient times. We need a young TRUE conservative to run for the GOP, hell who knows maybe Ron woulod be appointed as the Sec State, Defense ect.?

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 1 Thumb down 22

10. I wouldn’t bother posting at any other politicians website, but Ron Paul IS different.
    What scares me is this: IF you know Iraq was illegal and ‘imperial’ acts unjustified, will the federal government pay reparations to those countries illegally occupied? Isn’t there a moral requirement to ‘fix it if you break it’?
    Given that PRIVATE power of corporations eclipses public power, doesn’t a weak federal government mean private power then becomes stronger? No state can ‘wage war’ with Microsoft or Google.
    The gold standard has been ‘shown’ to have been responsible for the depression. At the very least, adopting the gold standard certainly does not guarantee an end to cyclical recessions. And any guesses on what that would do to the currency? It would make it almost worthless, and certainly countries would flock away from it.
    I had to laugh when somebody actually wrote “most of his initiatives can be done by executive order”….so you are saying somebody who is blatantly anti authoritarian would resort to doing what Rick Perry did and make all his policies executive orders?

Finally, I don’t know what to think about his weird newsletters from the eighties. Certainly the “I didn’t know anything about it” seems pretty far fetched.

The one question I have for his supporters is that I can’t find his stance on citizens initiatives. He claims ‘people should control the economy’ but what does that mean? Citizens initiatives seem to be the ONLY way to actually cede democratic control to the people. Yet I can’t find ANY comment by Ron Paul about it.

Either way, given Obama’s record, and the competition, I don’t think anybody can but be impressed by Ron Paul.

• The Gold Standard had nothing to do with the Great Depression. Marc you should really study President Wilson. Wilson is the one that is responsible. Read the books written by Dr. Paul and that WILL answer all of your questions. I am very impressed by Ron Paul. Please don’t listen to the negative hype.

Ron Paul 2012, In Liberty from the Pacific Northwest

• John Parker for Southern Oregon

On the contrary, I would listen to as much of the opposition as possible. A person who is educated on the views and disinformation of their opponents are prepared for a fight. If you are only educated on your beliefs, then you can’t relate the opposition and your arguments become vague and worthless.

11. Soon here, I am dedicated my time to Ron Paul until the election. We’re organizing my friends cars and mine with FULL coverage for Ron Paul for president. We will drive across the country back and fourth until the election is won.

Ron Paul is the only one.

12. Hey Ron my name is Cameron im only 13 and im in 8th grade but as you know tomorrow is the 9/11 10 year anniversary. I went on you tube and Google to watch some videos about the 9/11 attacks. I found some pretty heart breaking photos and videos about the planes crashing and the people jumping gasping for air. I’m writing a paper about the 9/11 attacks, but any way, my videos lead further and further until i found a video about you, i had never heard of you before so i clicked on it, it was titled the prediction of 9/11 by Ron Paul. I watched the video and another and another until i realized what was really happening to our country. Its sad. But I found a link to this website and i thought that if this is the place that i would be able to contact you then great because I would really wanna tell you how great I think you are. If I was old enough to vote you would definable be the guy id vote for, if you ever ran for president you would be the one i just think your so great your my role model thank you bye.

• Hey Cameron,

Welcome to the Revolution!! It gets me really excited to see young people like yourself see truth and honesty as a thing to admire and not be brainwashed by all the propaganda out there.

Even though you are not old enough to vote yet there is still lots you can do to help Dr. Paul get elected and the biggest thing is real easy….just keep saying his name to your friends and your parents and your friends parents and every single person you talk with. The reason this is so important is that the corrupt main stream media flat out ignores Dr. Paul and in truth are scared of him and what he represents which is Truth, Freedom and Justice for all Americans.

Again welcome to the revolution and I hope you stay interested in where your country is headed.

• Everyone knows how great Ron Paul is, Ron Paul for 2012 !!

Go Ron Paul :-)

13. I hope that Americans see what other people see including Canadians that Ron Paul is the only solution for America and maybe the rest of the world to come out of the mess. VOTE RON PAUL DON”T KEEP FALLING FOR NWO.

14. Don’t know if anyone has but I just wanted to say Thank You to Mrs. Paul for sharing the great man she married with the rest of the country.

15. what do you think of legalization of marijaun?

16. I have a good idea that could help weed out the “good o’l boys” out of Washington.
    *The president is the “commander and chief” of the US military. If the president’s convictions are so strong that they feel the need to send troops over seas to fights wars. Shouldn’t that same commander and chief show his solidarity for his convictions BE on the battle field with his military? If we made that a mandate, the president(who usually enjoys the safety and security of staying home) may not be so quick to go to war or invade another country.

I bet if we made this a mandate, we can at least get rid of the candidates who support the military industrial complex. Bring our troops home and have money to get our own economy back on track.

17. Libertarian
    Your voice, should show the true will
    Not the wail of the masses
    But the voice of the people
    Each of us
    Without restraint
    A flood against tyranny
    An anthem of change that severs
    The iron string that swings,
    And holds us-
    Between, the vice, of rule.

By: Frank B. Stahl
    9/2/2011

18. I am currently a college student who is writing a government paper on Ron Paul. The one thing that I am happy to announce is that I was born in Freeport, TX and was delivered by Dr. Paul in 1976. I decided to write my paper on Ron Paul mostly because of this but I am learning more and more about him that I like.

19. I am so happy to see the support for this great statesman. Notice I didn’t call him a politician. He is a true statesman and patriot in every sense of those words. In all the years he has been in congress he has never voted by party line. He has ALWAYS voted with his conscience as to what is best for the people and the country. He has the rest of the government running scared in that he never has been and never will be a corporate puppet. He is not in anyones pocket because he can’t be bought. So many uninformed people that just listen to the liberal controlled media call him a wacko. Well, lets see. As commander in chief he would recall ALL overseas military troops and bring them home to protect OUR borders. He wants an audit of the Federal Reserve Bank. He wants to return the US currency to the gold standard and abolish the Fed. By the way, that is exactly what got Kennedy assassinated, he wanted to do the same thing. By removing the Fed we can do away with the income taxes and the IRS. He wants to reduce the size of the Federal Government to the levels allowed by the constitution. Eliminate wasteful Federal Depts. like the Dept. of Education, Dept. Of Agriculture and any others that can be handled at the State level. Remove the Federal Regulations that stifle free enterprise in this country. In other words get the Government off our backs and out of our pockets. Restore the freedoms and liberties that we have so foolishly given up to the DC Good Ol Boys Club. If that is WACKO then I guess I’m also a wacko. I believe in everything he says. A vote for any one of the other candidates will be just more of the same and I’m afraid for this country if that should happen. People please, do not treat these elections like American Idol. This is your country and your government. Let the DC Good Ol Boys know that we won’t take their BS anymore and we are taking our government back. Please register as a Republican so that you can vote for Dr. Ron Paul in the primaries. You can switch back if you want afterward. We need every vote we can get to get Dr. Paul on the ballot as the Republican Nominee. Also I urge you should he not get the nomination to please vote for him as a write-in. If he doesn’t win the office I hope everyone that didn’t vote for him looks in the mirror and points their finger at the person who helped destroy this country. Vote Dr. Ron Paul=2012.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

20. Ron Paul is not A Rhino or Neo-Con or does he wrap an American Flag around him self and sell out the people thats the Field then you have M Bachmann who has more guts then most of the men she is running against.She will make a good Vice President with Ron Paul but needs to learn alot before she is ready to be President then there is Herman Cain he would be a good President if he had a strong Vice President any one of the above including a dog catcher would be better then the community lier and his party of DemoRats communist wanna-be’s elistist defeatist spending on corrupt unions holding up the country like the crooks they are taking what they want and giving it to there base allowing the country to be overrun by anyone brave enough to sneak into the country.We are where we are do to their social experiments with Acorn Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac ,Clinton dropping glass steagal Pushing banks to give loans to people who could not afford them Community reinvestment act .Allowing banks to sell bad loans to Fanny Mae or Freddy Mac Barney Frank Criss Dodd. The people have paid the price for Demorats but thats what they do put laws in to stop business the believe in Darwins therory except when it comes to them weak and stupid supported by better people then themseves.Thats there Ideal of freedom.