Who Is Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is America’s leading voice for liberty, prosperity and peace. As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives and three-time presidential candidate, Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Ron Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 17 grandchildren.

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president. During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values. Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and used his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels. In 1984, he returned to his medical practice.

Ron Paul went back to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th congressional district of Texas. He served on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and eventually became Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. After retiring from Congress in early 2013, Ron Paul continued to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

• Ron Paul never voted to raise taxes.
  • Ron Paul never voted for an unbalanced budget.
  • Ron Paul never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
  • Ron Paul never voted to raise congressional pay.
  • Ron Paul never taken a government-paid junket.
  • Ron Paul never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.
  • Ron Paul voted against regulating the Internet.
  • Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war.
  • Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

On the Issues: Audit the Federal Reserve, Our Money, Taxes, National Defense, Border Security, Civil Liberties, Health Care, Abortion, Education, War on Drugs, Global Warming

1,765 Comments:

1. Become delegates people, these debates and all our work will be for naught if you don't. http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/step-by-step-to-delegate.html." target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/step-by-step-to-delegate.html. This is imperative and where money will beat us if we are not careful. Just going to the ballot box on voting day won't do this, we have to flood the system with support. I am not really sure what the magic number is for delegates to win this thing but if you read this page: http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/step-by-step-to-delegate.html it sounds imperative.

2. Like a lot of other things, health care is something Dr. Paul doesn't see

as being something the national government should, or is even authorized

by the Constitution to provide.

*But* I would like to hear specifically to hear from him whether he believes

that a state should be able to implement such programs if their people

want to establish them. Personally, I can't see why there should be any

problem with a state implementing a Swiss or Canadian style health

care system if the people of the state clearly indicate they want that kind of

system.

For all that I would hate to see Perry in the White House, I think he got

a raw deal when people jumped on him for Texas' supporting schooling

for the children of illegal aliens. Whatever you think of the wisdom of

the law, as Perry pointed out, Texas voters voted the law in and it was

their prerogative to do so. If people elsewhere don't like it let them make

their own laws in their own states...

• @Blue Republic Ron Paul has no problem with States exerting states rights as they see fit. In fact, his model encourages it as it improves the vibrance of state to state immigration. If one state has something that others don't, like health care, then it encourages migration. This can be great for states that have slow economies, but offer good opportunity. The issue there then becomes one of "residency". For example, would you want people from South Carolina travelling to North Carolina for "state" run health care and taking the benefits that South Carolinians are paying for? Well, the answer would be no, but it might be possible to offer a model for making that an affordable option for travellers so as to not gouge the system into unaffordability.

• @Blue Republic I'm not comfortable with anything that has to do with socialized healthcare, for the very same reason I'm not comfortable with national I.D. cards. The next thing you will find happening are executive orders to be implanted with Verichip's implantable microchips with your number in it.

• @Blue Republic They would say these chips are necessary because first responders can scan them and instantly know your info and the hospital would automatically have all that necessary life saving info. All though state or national socialized health care, and even implanted chips all seem logical and great, the next thing you know that your entire life will be wrapped up in this number, to the point that one day you will not be either to buy nor sell without it, and they will be able to track your every move by satellite or street scanners (which do exist. This is no longer conspiracy theory or Orwells, this all real, you can find this info at DigitalAngel.com). Plus, all of your constitutional rights, (all your bill of rights) will be in jeapordy because if you speak out against the state, if they for ANY reason choose to label you as enemy of the state, they simply need to put a notice in your file in the database, or turn your chip off barring you from all of your accounts, and track you, find you, and "detain" you. If you are staying informed, you know that this is not just hype or theory anymore, this should be common knowledge for any one keeping up with the news.

• "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -Thomas Jefferson

• DaveR - I agree with you about the evils and dangers of

the total surveillance regime. I'm not prepared, though,

to say there is no way for socialized (or "communitized"?)

health care to be delivered without privacy being unduly infringed.

Although I'm not prepared to tell you exactly how it *can*

be done either.

The privacy threat is not inherently less under a privatized

system, is it? The threat seems pretty inherent in the system

we have now, anyway...

Anyhow, if communities/states/tribes/countries decide simply

to provide at least basic health care to everyone as a

matter of right who is in a position to tell them otherwise?

If a state wants to model its health care system on Canada's or Switzerland's or Somalia's it should be up to the people of

that state, right?

I was always hoping someone would ask Sarah Palin

if she supported Alaska's Right to Privacy provisions

in the state constitution - and whether she'd support

such an amendment at the national level.

Anyone know if RP supports such an amendment?

Maybe he figures that if we were following the

Constitution we'd be acknowledging privacy rights

as a matter of course.

• @Blue Republic

Ron Paul would repeal the patriot act, the bigest pricacy breach in American history, an voted against it.

• @Blue Republic

• This is a democracy, so yes, if the people voted in socialized healthcare at the state level then i don't think the federal government can (or should) bar it. But I would hope the people pay close attention to every detail of that bill.

3. Here is what I think of Ron Paul. I cannot tell you everything about the man for you should see and hear his own words with your own eyes and ears, but here is what gravitated me to his party. Let me begin by saying I used to be democrat, which I found later was due to the name, Democrat which sounds like DEMOCRACY. You see, they fool you with words like that, kind of like the patriot act which is severely unpatriotic. I endorse Dr. Ron Paul for many reasons. None could be clearer as him running this great country off the U.S. Constitution like the forefathers wanted and expected.

4. When I was just a kid in school, I learned about the U.S. Constitution and how many lives were sacrificed to put it in effect. It was then I had a great awakening and my life was never the same. It was then that it felt like America was on a discourse to tyranny and for the most part it is whether you agree or not. It felt as though my father and his before him had given up not only their civil liberties, but mine and the future generations after me as well. I had always thought that there was no way out of this mess. Then, so many years later I seen Dr. Paul on c-span, and I was so intrigued by him. I had to know more about this man, so I did so much research and read some of his books. But let me tell you, he never stops inspiring me. He not only says he will run the country off the constitution again, but he has the voting record to prove it. He returns some of his pay back to congress which tells me he isn’t in it for the dough. He undoubtedly is the only candidate with common sense and he is on point with every problem this country has.

5. He has a solution to every problem. He in my belief is America’s last stand, last hope, last gasp, and her last breath. We will never see a man so sincere and candid as this man ever in America. I do not know if the rest of America will wake up to our problems and realize that Dr. Paul has real solutions to remedy them. Perhaps it’s everyone letting the news vote for them. However a great man once said “Those who read nothing but newspapers know less than those who read nothing at all.” –Thomas Jefferson. Also he wants to give the people their liberties back (“Thos who are willing to give up essential liberties for temporary security will not get and deserve neither.” Ben Franklin) which leads me to say yes to Ron Paul 2012. I am not a Republican, but I have re-registered so I can vote for him to be on the ballot for the primaries, as should all of you. See for yourself, but before you make an uninformed decision you should educate yourself. Look at his voting history. Also he will get rid of the IRS! Who isn’t in agreement with that? My parting words are Ron Paul is not saying anything new, just simply repeating what the founders of this great country had in mind for it. YouTube Ron Paul, good luck to you all, and my best wishes to you Ron Paul!

“If you expect to have freedom and ignorance, you expect something that never was or never will be.”-Jefferson

6. as a republican if someone tells u the preamble says PROVIDE the general welfare tell them to read it the word is PROMOTE these words do not mean the same thing and mr paul it doesnt take somone graduating from duke to have noticed the government was getting into trouble with the national debt its bn increasing for a very long time

7. RonPaulFanHermanCainIsFake

You have my vote without a doubt. Every single vote counts people, even yours. Don't think your single vote will not make the difference. If everyone thought that way we would be screwed for sure. Also spread the word that herman cain is a fake and wants nothing more than to keep the federal reserve from getting audited. Apparently calling a federal reserve bank is as effective as auditing the federal reserve, according to him. Also, he was chairman of the Federal Reserve bank of Kansas City at one point. The less votes for herman cain, the higher probability of Ron Paul winning the election = freedom

8. It's sad how much information our media hides from us. From the sources I've read and the vidoes I've watched on Youtube, Ron Paul is really bringing to our attention the real issues this country is facing now. We need a leader who understands this country and its constitution. I noticed in his record that he was against regulating the internet, but I'm curious as what he would think about the Postal Service struggling against ecards, the online billing, and other aspects of the internet mail systems?

9. I would like to know what Ron Paul thinks of this situation and how would he address it; or would he countinue in the same fashion.

I am in a dispute with a US government agency(not the IRS) over said moneys due.

To this date I have never been afforded a day in court. Non the less, my citizenship has been revoked. and is being used by US government agencys i must pay all taxes on all profits.

In an attempt to get a court hearing, a state of ohio agency aquired two sheriffs deputies to stop me with-in the court house walls and warn me to drop my case or be charged with attempted terrorism. one deputy was armed and his weapon was unholstered. it has since been relayed to me that if i pay $10,000USD in cash. i could possibly get part of my citizenship returned. But if i continued and did not drop my case and or if i returned to ohio i can be imprisoned or worse.

I have gone as far as writing the President and homeland security. they claim no-jurisdiction. I'am now suing the President and most of his cabinet for abuse of the homeland security act among other listed issues, that case has been filed in federal court. Currnetly the state of ohio is trying to dismiss without any proper hearing or my presense.

10. Hello Dr. Paul if you or if any of your staff are listening would you please do the american people a favor, during your next dabate could you please ignor the talking puppet who is giving youa gargabe question and explain to the rest off america who are sitting on the side lines and have not decidedwho they will vote for, tell them the truth about the fed since they corporate would not dare bring it up in the debates. tell the rest of the sheepeople that its the fed who are enslaving us and also one last last piece of ammunition that would destroy Rick perrys chance of becoming commander in chief and that is, tell the world or inform the rest of america that he attenedd a Bilderberg meeting and that is a violation of the logan act, because honestly sir we the people need you to fight for us since you are in the belly of the beast, thank you very much and may GOD watch over you and your family thankyou

11. Fantastic work clarifying and garnishing support for your foreign policy, Dr. Paul! non-intervention isn't just what we ought to do under the constitution, it's what we NEED to do to start to get us out of this mess. And now you have people's attention!

Their next concern is, without the massive government spending, how are you going to be able to provide jobs? The answer of course is that you're NOT going to be able to provide jobs, but you'll let the market do that for us by de-regulating and putting an end to the welfare state. But the people aren't making the connection.

We're in desperate need of your presidency. Please find a simple concise way of explaining this to the masses that can be easily repeated. The ball is rolling. And while you have their attention (by dismissing their initial concern about you) you need to address their primary concern. Show them your way is better than Obama's.

12. To Realistically...

Comment:

- President Michele Bachmann ... You have to be kidding!!!!!!!!

13. Seriously, this 2012 administrative team is the last economic hope for the United States and Americans:

- President Michele Bachmann (Current Chair of the Tea Party Caucus in Congress, and on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence that overseas the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency. Bachmann is a strong Libertarian-Conservative in a heavily Democrat state)

- Vice-president Newt Gingrich (Successful Speaker of the House during the 1990s, which is very relevant in the Vice-presidential role of being President of the Senate)

- Secretary of State Mitt Romney (Businessman and former Governor of Massachusetts making Romney an excellent representative for US Foreign Affairs. Romney is the most left leaning candidate of the GOP candidates)

- Secretary of Treasury Ron Paul (Career Congressman from the strong GOP state of Texas. Paul is an advocate of reducing government spending and abolishing the Federal Reserve Bank. At the age of 76, Paul will be retiring from congress)

- Secretary of Commerce Gary Johnson (Businessman and former Governor of New Mexico. Johnson, a strong Libertarian, is an advocate of abolishing the current tax system and implementing a consumption tax)

- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry (Current Governor of Texas, which produces more energy than any other state and has a GSP that makes it the 11th largest economy in the world. Texas is home to the city of Houston, which is known as the energy capital of the world)

"Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Barack Obama loses his."

14. There are 4 things that need funding in my book and those would be defense, disabled people, education, and the elderly.

• Defense, as opposed to militarism, nation building, policing the world, and imperialism, right? Education, in my opinion, needs to be reformed. Care for the elderly and the disabled is right, but, families should be the first line of care for these people, and social security of any kind should be 100% opt-in, and applied for, like it originally was, and the SS number should NEVER have been used for identification, just like it says on the back of the cards (at least it used to say it, I know mine does.)

15. I would be far more interested in "Health Education" then " Health Care" After all, if we know all we can about taking care of ourselfs, and our ellments, then the only Health Care we would need, is Catostrophic Coverage. Its dumm as hell, I see so many people go to the Doc., or even the Emergency for a freak'n sniffy nose, or soar finger, you know, stupid crap like that. C'mon, you want to bring the GIANTs to their knees? Stop funneling money to them.!

16. Patriot Dave - Your comments on Obama Health Care.... Amen!!!!!!!!!

17. Maybe there is a place for socialized healthcare, but not under our current system. Government has gotten way too comfortable ruling over a sedated nation of apethetic people who were raised to believe that our good ol' US-of-A has nothing but the best interest for its citizenry. But the Republicans hold the Evangelical Bible Belt hostage by their own religion by lying to them, saying that we love Israel because they're God's chosen people, when it's our foothold on the middle east that keeps a military presence to look after our oil-industrial interest there. The Democrats holds our peace-loving hippies hostage to their beliefs by constantly and consistanly lying to them about ending foreign wars and imperialism and globalism but NEVER delivering on their promises, only more wars, and more globalism. If you lie to me, I believe you'll also steal from me. Senetor Obama clearly said on Television during his campaign that there would be "NO MANDATE" concerning national healthcare, guess what happened, he lied; so I believe he'll steal also. He said that he'd end the wars in the Middle East and bring the troops home, instead he bombs Libya; he lied, so he'll also steal from me.

Under our current system of entrenched socialist/fascist globalist, if we were to have anything that looked like national socialized healthcare, before you know it, there would be executive orders to get injected with implantable microchips too. That's why Perry is a lying fascist as well. So do me a favor, under these conditions, keep your national healthcare where it is, in your socialist/fascist utopia, and out of my civil rights.

18. Healthcare a "right"?
    No offense Debbie... but I can't even understand where that kind of thinking comes from. Far too close to socialism for me. But I'll defend your right to voice your opinion.....

• Well; with that being said of health care. With many people in USA out of work and cannot afford it, we pay for the uninsured anyway. That's socialism without taxes.

• Precisely, "we pay for the uninsured anyway"....... so there is no need for yet another government program that would most likely be as riddled with fraud as the school lunch programs are. Or the welfare syetem, unemployment, etc.... This country can't even pay the interest on it's debt now. Government healthcare is not even an option, nor should be in the foreseeable future.

• The Preamble to the United States Constitution charges it with providing for the general welfare. I'd say healthcare is part of providing for general welfare. It's also necessary for life, as in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I don't see you criticizing public schools. How much more socialistic can you get than public schools, public roads, a public police force and fire force paid for with tax dollars?

• Actually I just criticized the public school free lunch program. And I made the necessary sacrifices and sent my kids to private schools. But back to the free lunch programs, having several teachers in my family I am all too well aware of many of the children of this program being dropped off to school in expensive luxury cars and suv's. Not the children's fault, but the parents are milking the system, it's riddled with fraud. Just as most government programs are. I prefer the government keep their inept hands out of something as important as healthcare. Besides, the thought of my tax dollars paying for the healthcare of that "guy" in front of me in the store wasting his money on lottery tickets, but complaining he can't afford health care?..... call me crazy, but it kinda bugs me....

• Crazy.
          I don't understand why most people look down on their neighbors for a failed system? The government has system set up for their benefit. If you are going to hate, don't hate those using the tax money for what it is in place for because they qualify.
          The government is making you blind and willing to fight you neighbor for finding a program they can benefit from. The politicians are the onse who put things together to be taken advantage of, not the people using the programs.... you are complaining about a person taking a few hundred dollars a month while Obama gives 500million dollars to a filed for bankruptcy, company he invested in in '08.
          You have a government stealling BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars and you are bitching about a few hundred?
          Why can't people see that they are fighting the people who don't make the rules?
          I agree, milking the system is bad, but come on. Pick your fights. That person driving a Cadillac Escalade who pays for food with food stamps is simple using a program that they aren't above using, that's their perogative not yours. They didn't make or write the loopholes or laws. The people America keeps in office for 4, 12, 25 terms are the ones who have allowed for programs you don't think are right, because your values differ from those who don't mind using it....
          Now, unless you can tell me how that program user caused the law to allow for abuse, you should swallow your pride, accept others don't have to have your values and start fighting the real cause of the"abuse" in other ways than typing on a computer or website blog.
          I myself, and I admit I haven't a clue what to expect, am running for State office (house of reps.) in the great state of Oregon as a citizen politician. I have ideas to keepwelfare alive for those who truly need it while giving job trainning (mandatory) to those who recieve funds. And these ideas won't be a burden to the taxpayer. It will actually allow the opportunity to lower County taxes and lower operating cost to the county facilities....
          Want to learn more? visit http://wwwjohnparkerforhouse.webs.com

• Crazy times indeed.
            I "hate" no one. I simply choose to associate myself with people of integrity. And yes, I'm complaining of fraud. Whether it's a few hundred bucks by one, or millions a cycle when totaled with others of their caliber. If some people can toss their self worth aside for a few hundred bucks, that's their own moral failure to deal with. Now while I agree with you on your Obama example of "waste", I myself see no difference in his millions tossed away in a fraudulent act, than the millions of tax dollars a year stolen by those lacking a sense of personal responsibility. Both are fraud, and worthy of incarceration in my opinion. I reckon we will have to agree to disagree. Good luck with your campaign. Sounds as though you have some good ideas.

• Public roads, basic infrastructure like sawage. All those are infrastructure. Very basic services that have been in place for a very long time and pretty much we can say everyone, rich or poor, uses it or way or another. If you have no car to drive at certain point people will ride buses or bikes. So in the infrastructure no one should question the government, local or federal should get involved. We all pay our taxes to contribute to it and I seriously doubt disputing that contribution has been a problem.

Now if you talk about healthcare, honestly, that is totally different. First because that thing is expensive like hell and the government does not know or is willing to streamline it. If you see the government offering intervention, the only thing you can expect is to see costs going up, like they have been already. So forget it. It is up to us to buy healthcare. Personally in the country I am from, the government does offer very good hospital schools in major cities. Those hospitals offer care to people who cannot afford medical coverage. They are not perfect and people still may need to wait in line, but they cost a fraction of the cost to maintain than increasing tax on everyone.

• Yes Marlon, it seems the opinions of our foreign friends on this subject, those that have been saddled with such a system, should be worth their weight in gold. While I have a problem with those that won't make the necessary sacrifices to afford healthcare, healthcare is already being provided for these type of individuals in this country at a huge cost to the rest of us. How they sleep at night is another issue. I myself would prefer death than to be a virtual slave to the system. Regardless, to dismantle the current system to pacify those that freely choose to neglect reality, is not only foolish, but not realistically obtainable. Particularly under the current economic challenges.

• I hope you never fall on hard times and a family member never gets ill. You will see how beneficial state health cares can be. I promise you as stead fast as you are in the idea that gov't heath care will make you a slave to the system when it's your child, your mother or you wife's life on the line and not your own; state health care will be a life line when you cannot afford another option.

• the preamble says promote the general welfare NOT provide 2 different meanings

• at debbie...

Read the constitution, it says PROMOTE the general welfare, not PROVIDE for the general welfare. They mean two different things. Stop regurgitating what you hear and think for yourself, and read some books.

19. I completely support Dr. Paul's foreign policy, but I absolutely cannot support his domestic policy. At the very least health care should be a right and fully funded for all citizens.

• Debbie would you please explain why you think I should pay for your health care and why you should pay for mine.

Ron Paul 2012, In Liberty from the Pacific Northwest

20. Steve,

I apologise for my brash response. Yes, I am willing to defend the principals for which Ron Paul and WE the People are fighting for. You are right that we do need to be aware of what others say. Thanks for posting it; and, I will slow down a little, and take a deep breath; you know how getting all worked up over causes you care deeply and passionately about can be. I'm glad you and I are allies.

Dave