In a recent poll conducted among visitors, subscribers and readers of the popular RonPaul.com fan site, Donald Trump achieved a decisive victory with 56% of the vote.
Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson came in a respectable second with 20%.
7% of voters declared that they will write in Ron Paul even though he is not running.
Hillary Clinton received 4% of the vote, while Green Party nominee Jill Stein was the candidate of choice for 3%.
5% of participants declared that they won’t vote at all in the election, either because they don’t want to or because they are not eligible.
A total of 3,553 voters participated from October 22 to 27.
Who are you voting for in the 2016 Presidential Election?
- Donald Trump (56%, 1,988 Votes)
- Gary Johnson (20%, 711 Votes)
- Write-in Ron Paul (7%, 238 Votes)
- Hillary Clinton (4%, 139 Votes)
- I won't vote at all (but I'd be eligible). (4%, 134 Votes)
- Jill Stein (3%, 117 Votes)
- Darrell Castle (2%, 59 Votes)
- Write-in Bernie Sanders (2%, 59 Votes)
- I'm not eligible to vote. (1%, 41 Votes)
- Evan McMullin (1%, 40 Votes)
- Somebody else (explain below) (1%, 27 Votes)
- Rocky De La Fuente (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,553
While Ron Paul has not endorsed any of the candidates, he has criticized Donald Trump for his opposition to free trade and small government, while praising Jill Stein on foreign policy and making fun of Gary Johnson’s “Aleppo” moment.
Many Ron Paul supporters remain optimistic that Ron Paul will issue an official endorsement before the election is over.